*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1411807-Not-In-School
by Ann
Rated: E · Short Story · Young Adult · #1411807
Another knock on the door, a policeman saying my son had to be in school.
Another knock on the door, a policeman and the principal saying my son had to be in school. I just told my landlord I didn't have the rent and I'm tired from spending the night at the domestic assault shelter and my baby is crying.
I have no idea where my boyfriend is but right now, I don't care. Why is every one on my case? I just want everything to be ok. I want my kids to be happy and I want to go out, I want to be rich and I want to play.
I never saw this coming. You know school wasn't my favorite place but when I was there I had friends and boys thought I was pretty. I guess I wasn't there to learn anything, I just wanted to have fun. I couldn't wait for lunch when we get to sit with friends. That's when things were exciting. Guys asking to meet me after school.Meeting up with Vanessa and Deshea and making plans to meet at the roller rink.
We were a good threesome. Vanessa is tall, with amber hair. She doesn't talk much but laughs at everything I say. Her mom and dad are still together, kind of. They have to take turns going to jail so the other one can stay home with her and her sisters. They never do anything that bad, just like petty stealing and a little drug dealing. Vanessa's really pretty neat. She'll make a great mom cause she really likes taking care of her sisters. When Deshea and I fight she always finds a way to get us back together.
Deshea, well she's just plain fun! She's always coming up with something. Like the day we snuck out of school and hitchhiked up to Kalamazoo. We knew we shouldn't. That it could be dangerous, but there were 3 of us. Even if we got into a bad place, we figured one of us could get away and get help. Besides, we got a ride with an older man who was really nice. He talked to us about it being dangerous to hitchhike but he used to do it when he was our age. Never even asked us why we weren't in school.
© Copyright 2008 Ann (hermena at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1411807-Not-In-School