*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1412222-Black-Light-Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Fantasy · #1412222
Ashley was bought up be the Elven race's best assassin, who's goal is to wipe out humans.
Black Light
Chapter 1

Another one? Don't these people ever learn?
I stepped out of the darkness, and slowly walked up Bliss' immaculate front lawn. Most people never realise how ridiculously easy it is to pick a lock when you know how. Almost like magic, really.

I walked into the hallway unhindered, having already disabled any alarms beforehand. Alright, so my plan may be relying on whether anyone had noticed and fixed them, but whatever. I would have still found a way. Bliss should be in his study if Silena has her facts right, and she'd better have or mother won't be pleased.

After taking a detour (I will not admit to taking a wrong turn and getting lost) I finally ended up outside the study. I realised that even though Bliss may be one of the richest people in the country, he's still a crappy interior decorator. Anyway, I opened the door a tiny bit and saw he was sitting at a desk, writing. I figured that I may as well enjoy this, and flicked off the lights.

"R-Rauthr Daetia? I k-know it's you!" He sounded panicky. I wonder why. I flicked the lights back on and smirked at him. He stood up, took a step backwards and almost fell over his desk. I almost snorted at that. "Look, I didn't mean to blackmail her, it was Bal'kia; S-she framed me! She made me!"
"Well, which is it? Framed or coercion? I really don't have time to listen to your excuses tonight. You betrayed Vor'tura, and you should pay the price."
"Wait, let me apolo-" He suddenly pulled his fist back and launched it towards my face. I side-stepped.
"Have to be quicker than that!" I taunted, and swung round, sending my foot into his face; sending him to the floor. I toppled the desk on top, trapping him.

His wife ran in the room, obviously having heard the noise. She screamed.
"Take your child and run now if you want to live" I suggested, as I lit and dropped a match on top of the unconscious Bliss. I then left, my assignment completed.
© Copyright 2008 Phoenix (phoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1412222-Black-Light-Chapter-1