*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1412413-Please-Find-my-babies
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #1412413
A mother fears she has lost her babies.
It was a warm summer day Sonya was 9 months pregnant, and couldn't wait for her twins to arrive.She slowly went to the room she had been decorating in anticipation of the babies arrival. She gazed at the two beautiful pink bassinets she had put there for them. She didn't have much money, since Jared had left her months before. But Sonya knew she would be able to care for her babies with the help of her family.She rubbed her bulging stomach and softly said, are you ready to come out my sweet girls? Thats what the doctor had said, she was to have twin girls! This wasn't much surprise since Jared has a twin. Well I guess I should lye down now since the doctor said to rest, she thought. she slowly waddled into her bedroom and managed to lye down.

Sonya was Just starting to relax and fall asleep, when she suddenly was woken by sharp pains in her stomach. After they subsided she thought well this is it I better call my mom now. She reached for her nearby phone and dialed the number.
her mom answered and said what is it honey are you ok? Sonya sighed, yes mom I'm ok but you might want to come over now. your grandbabies are getting ready to make their appearence. I'll be right their honey don't move her mother said. Sonya cried out as another pain siezed her. Her mother quickly arrived and said well I think it's time to go. They arrived at the hospital several minutes later and she was still crying out in pain. The nurse immediatly took her to the delivery room to check.
her. Soon the doctor also came to see her. Dr Roberts said well it looks like these babies are ready to come out. so 5 hours later Sonya was finally holding
her girls. it had been a great ordeal to have them but when she looked at the two identical perfect faces she felt only joy in her heart. If only Jared were her to see his beautiful daughters he might change his mind and want them. but he never came.

Sonya and the babies went home three days later. though she was still tired from the birth Sonya was ready to begin caring for her daughters who she had named Emily and Allison. the only way she could tell them apart was Emma
had a small birth mark on her left cheek. Sonya's mother wanted to stay with her and help but she insisted she would be fine on her own. Sonya had always been independent that way, with her bright red hair and brillent blue eyed once she set her mind to something not people had been able to change her mind. Except Jared. She had loved and trusted him from the start. All he had to do was look at her with them dark eyes and charming smile and she gave him whatever it was he wanted.
Having two children was not what he wanted, so he left. It broke her heart but Sonya knew she would do whatever it takes to provide for her daughters. Now her whole life was changing diepers, feeding and comforting her babies.

One night Emma was particularly fussy and was up screaming most of the night so the next morning it was a relief for Sonya to have them both finally asleep. She lyed down on her bed and closed her eyes. the next thing she remembered was waking up to silence.Sonya looked at her clock. 5 hours had gone by! why hadn't the babies woke up and cried out to her. they were only 3 weeks old and still needed frequent feedings. she quickly walked into the nursery and was astonished to find her babies were gone! she quickle looked around and didn't know what to do. Where are my babies?! She quickly phoned the police though she was so hystarical now it was hard to speak. I can't find my babies!! she scremed at the officer. please find my babies. calm down we'll be right there said the officer. sonya stood by the bassinets with terror in her heart. How could this happen?
Why would anyone take my babies?

Two police officers arrived shortly after that. They asked her several question and took note of her answers. Where is the babys father they asked ? oh he dosn't care he left us!! Sonya cried. we still need to know the officer explained, maybe he could tell us something to help us find them. His name is Jared mathews said Sonya. She gave the officers his address and number and they also wrote that down. well try and stay calm and we will be in touch. said the officers. why don't you call a relative to come and stay with you.? Then they left and still all Sonya could say is, please find my babies. So she called her mother who of course was also frantic with worry when she heard the news. Several hours later the officer
called and said. We were unable to find mr. mathews he wasn't at his residence and it appears he left in a hurry. So that makes him a suspect. But why? he doesn't want them she replied. Well fathers do change their minds replied the officer. Maybe he was afraid you would refuse to let him see his babies. We will do everything in our power to bring your babies back safely to you ms. Johnson. Sonya couldn't believe even Jared would be capable of such cruelty. This had to be some kind of nightmare she would wake up some and find her babies were home with her and safe.

Just then their was a knock at her front door. she looked and it was Jared. he had her babies with him. Why did you take them? Sonya cried. well I was missing you soo much and decided to come and have a look at the girls. You were asleep and
looked so tired. when i saw my beautiful babies crying I didn't want to wake you so I took them for a ride to visit my brother. didn't you see the note? No i never found a note she replied. well I put it right here under your pillow. sure enough when she
lifted the pillow it said. Dear Sonya, I'm so sorry I havn't been here for you and our
daughters i miss you and want a chance to make things right. I am taking them to my brother Adams for a few hours so you can rest don't worry. Love, Jared.

then Jared handed her their babies and said. I was so scared Sonya, I didn't think I knew how to be a father, my father was never there for me. then today i was out
and I saw a man carrying his daughter and telling her he loved her and it nearly broke my heart. So I knew I had to see my babies at least once. when I saw them crying I knew i loved them and wanted to be their father. can you ever forgive me? Yes Jared I understand but you had me scared to death I even called the police. Promise you will never take them like that again. I won't he replied cause If I have my way I will be with you and my babies always. I love you Sonya. will you marry me? Sonya ran to him and wrapped her arms around him. this is what she always wanted. Jared laughed and said is that a yes? yes Sonya cried. I love you Jared.I want nothing more than to be your wife. just them both babies started crying. well I guess they agree Sonya laughed. Here honey this is Emma isn't she beautiful? and here is our little Allie. As Sonya watched Jared Gently hold their baby she knew in her heart this was right.

© Copyright 2008 rain8100 (rain8100 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1412413-Please-Find-my-babies