*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1412602-The-Giving-Giant
Rated: E · Essay · Inspirational · #1412602
The tale of a Giant with a lot to give.
              In the clear Alaskan morning, the Susitna flows briskly past the giant looming in the distance - Denali. The azure glacier water twists and turns as it makes its way to Cook Inlet where it catches current and spreads to far away seas. Much of it joins the clouds and scatters over many lands, thereby sharing Denali's glory with worldly denizens far and wide.
         After contemplation, one realizes Denali's true beauty is not derived from his myriad glistening faces piercing the serene cobalt horizon, but rather his righteous ability to give a little of himself if it means countless others will benefit. That selfless, impalpable strength gives Denali the courage to tickle the heavens.
         Morning has past and the Sun's penetrating rays fall upon the gleaming slopes of Denali. The Susitna swells and its once whispering waters grow louder in their praise. Denali is wise and realizes that by sharing his water the poor farmer in China may harvest a plentiful crop, the parched desert mouse may quench his thirst, and the timid flower may bloom in appreciation. Denali does not wonder about the possibility of reward because the greatest gift to the unselfish is the notion that the burdens of others are some how alleviated by their sacrifice.
         The day fades into evening on the banks of the Susitna, and the once wispy clouds now mask the giant's upper ridges, yet Denali peaks his head above the ivory blanket. He is relieved to see his waters have reached many souls. God is thankful too; he is pleased with Denali for unselfishly giving. And at the end of the day, as the Sun retreats below the jagged horizon, and as the river coos its mellow song, Denali's slopes are replenished, for it begins to snow.
© Copyright 2008 Edward Klein (ping82 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1412602-The-Giving-Giant