*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1413632-Words-cannot-express
by Morgan
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1413632
If I could say to him...
Dear Him,

I used to think you were my one and only. I used to imagine us, grown old together in a country house, rocking as the sunset sky melted into the ground. Back and forth, back and forth. The way it's always been with us. Back and forth, back and forth.
I wish I could express to you these feelings- but words do not do them justice. There is no way, in no earthly situation could I ever tell you what "we" were, are, and will be. It is clear to anyone who's ever felt love for another person, as we grow together, there is also spawned hate. A hate which is belittled in the mere shadow of what was love, only as the road winds, it grew. As you fed it, so blindly, it grew.
You used to be my everything, you'd dominate my every thought, dictate my actions and lead me, swooning, into the depths of all that were you. I remembered everything. I still remember everything.
Though as we change, you and I, I believe those places, those things that you showed me have diminished. You used to be an ocean to me, now I realize I was only ever swimming in a puddle.
I do not have the heart to tell you that what we had is gone. It is difficult enough, admitting it to myself, but I cannot lie anymore. That's the thing about lying to yourself- eventually, you always get caught. My love for all that is you will forever remain, though I can not and will not tell you I am in love with you anymore, because I'm not. My future, all that we have planned, has cracked. You were my stability, my ever-constant promise. My habit. My bad habit.
I've written this to admit to myself that I can't do this anymore.
You were my everything.
In contrast, you will be my nothing.

Infinite Love,
Morgan.
© Copyright 2008 Morgan (m0rgan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1413632-Words-cannot-express