*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1413702-The-Principals-Office
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1413702
This is just a short story about a kid in trouble.
I sat back and tried my best not to writhe under Mrs. Robertson's cobra stare.  Mrs. Robertson, our school principal, is this batty old lady who should have retired ages ago.  I happen to be stark terrified of her.  "So," she said.  I just looked at her dully with a whatever kind of attitude.  "So what?" I asked mockingly.  She narrowed her eyes at me like she could see straight through me.  I wondered if she could.  I have heard more than a couple of rumors about Mrs. Robertson practicing voodoo, communing with the devil, being from Outer Space
Of course, everybody wonders why she can't be made to retire.  Forget that!  Nobody dares suggest such a thing to her.  Combine that with those ghastly eyes and her obvious insanity and well, she's really scary. 
"So," she snarled.  "Aren't you going to fess up?"  I pretended to look really confused.  "Mrs. Robertson," I cried as demurely as possible.  "I have no idea what you're talking about!"  I was lying.  I knew it, she knew it, and she knew that I knew that she knew it.  She pursed her lips in a really scary looking grimace.  She seemed to be thinking.  I hoped she wouldn't come to the conclusion that I was guilty.  (Which is true, but like there was no way that I was going to admit that.)
See, what happened here was perfectly harmless.  In fact it was obligatory.  The senior prank is a glorious tradition that must not be forgotten and don't these teachers like to prattle on about tradition?  Shouldn't we, the students, have something to stand for?  I do believe that is the case. 
So maybe I went overboard, that's in the past.  My original intention was to bring a car into the school.  You know, cause it's traditional, but there was a problem.  We didn't have a car.  Okay, we think, let's just take a car from the teacher's parking lot.  Easy peasy.  I find someone to hotwire a car and we move on.  Then we couldn't fit the silly, fat car through the door.  So I lost my temper and said we should just stick it in another parking lot.  That way a car goes missing, everybody goes crazy, and our senior prank is pulled off.
Unfortunately, people went really crazy.  I forgot that taking a car off school property and putting it somewhere without the owner's knowledge or concept might be amount to oh, I don't know, stealing.  It gets worse.  Someone ratted us out and named me as the ringleader.  Of course, I had an alibi prepared just for this so their case is pretty flimsy.  Which leads back to why I'm here.
By now, Mrs. Robertson was practically foaming at the mouth.  I wondered what kind of drugs she was taking.  "Don't give me that nonsense!" she snarled.  "You did it! I know you did it!" she frothed.  She pointed a finger at me and started ranting.  I did my best to go zen and think calm thoughts, but it wasn't easy with her screaming.  Then while I was thinking of a beautiful lake, the noise stopped.  I came back to reality in a flash and saw something I never thought that I would see.  Mrs. Robertson was choking.  OH MY GOD!  She's having a HEART ATTACK!  I never thought I'd see the day!  I ran out of the office at once and yelled for 911.
The ambulance moved in fast.  The paramedics hauled her onto the stretcher as I watched helplessly.  She opened her eyes and looked at me.  I stiffened.  She only had time to point at me and mouth ‘suspension' before they whisked her away.  I wanted to spit in disgust.  I should have just let her die.
© Copyright 2008 H. E. Kate (rain0116 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1413702-The-Principals-Office