*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1413931-Meeting-Aliens
Rated: E · Other · Sci-fi · #1413931
One day, as I sat watching the open sky, the silver glint of a spaceship caught my eye.
The cool night air flew softly across my tanned arms, my packet of sweets rustling quietly. My deep brown eyes stared into the abyss of space above the earth, a plankton in an ocean of stars. The sheer size of the emptiness filled my body with awe and wonder. What else could be out there?
I returned myself to the large telescope that stood firmly on the damp grass. I knelt on the red chequered blanket and stared into the navy blue canvas speckled with small white dots. My eye wandered to every star and every possible area of the deep, airless sea.
A small glint caught my attention. I saw small flash of dazzling emerald light that flitted across the sky. It went fast but I swore that I had just seen something up in sky.
I began to tremble. What could it have been? My mind thought back to the many scary alien films I enjoyed as a child. Great green beasts with long claws reaching round a door and capturing the defenceless person. Could this happen in real life. I purged it from my mind but only slightly suppressed the fear that grew slowly in the back of my mind.
I eyes once again meandered across the empty space and searched for whatever the thing I had seen was. As I finally started to notice that nothing was there, the idea that it could have just been a plane occurred to me. But then, the colour of the flash and the speed at which it flew through the sky couldn't have been a plane, could it?
As I kept watch I saw a small green light in the distance. The unknown object slowly got bigger until I could see it was made of a blue metallic material. A glass dome was set upon a even larger metal discuss shape.
I pulled my shaking body and scrambled toward my blue car. I used my hands to push myself off the wet ground and staggered backwards to try and get away from the approaching spaceship. My back hit the cool metal surface of the car and I fumbled in my pockets trying to find my key. My hand grasped the key and I pulled it from my pocket, the ominous shape approaching.
As I turned to unlock my car I looked up in terror to see the spaceship hovering above me. A bright, azure light enveloped me and I started to feel lighter. My body rose from the ground and I tried to cling on to any ledge or outcrop of the car but the pull was too strong and I slowly floated toward the spaceship.
My body felt suddenly slower and heavier. I kept floating upward but my eyelids drooped and I struggled to stay awake. All my muscles suddenly felt very free and in a flash of white light I fell into a deep sleep.
I dreamed of bright and dazzling colours, fast moving images. Big cartoon looking animals prowled around in my line of vision and I felt almost like I wasn't there. An outsider, forced to watch these weird and wonderful creatures crawl and run. Suddenly, I felt the floor beneath my feet go away and the sensation of falling filled my mind. I looked around trying to find a way to slow down. My body flipped so I was facing downward and I saw a floor slowly approaching. I flailed my legs and arms wildly, kicking and screaming.
I gasped and I found myself lying in the cold and damp grass. I looked up into space. Nothing. Had it been a dream. No, it had all felt so real. I slowly got up and stumbled, my head spinning. I got in my car and drove home, traumatized by the terrible evening that had just occurred.
© Copyright 2008 Gwilym John (zehico1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1413931-Meeting-Aliens