*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1414013-Train-Spotting
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1414013
Two encounter eachother on their way to new lives.
As the autumn wind whipped across Adrian's face he heard the shrill blast of a whistle nearby as the train, which would lead him farther away from home then he had ever been in his life, pulled into the station. And he was glad.
Taking one last look around the platform towards the block of flats which he used to call home, he boarded the train and let a small smile grace his lips. For the first time in his life he would be going to somewhere he could be happy.

Brushing away a strand of brown hair, Fliss sprinted to the train on Platform 2 screaming at the conductor to wait, and just before he was going to close the doors he spotted her. Allowing room for the worn out girl to run onto the train, he smiled at her, "Good thing I saw you, otherwise you mightn't have got on the train in time." He wasn't patronising her but Fliss was in no mood for light hearted chitchat.
"Thanks." She mumbled and headed off down the carriages for some peace and quiet, her mothers' voice still ringing in her head, ‘You'll never make it as an actress. Begging me to take you back you'll be, mark my words. I give it two weeks at the most!" Nothing like the mothers support, she thought bitterly. 
Passing an almost empty carriage she looked around and turned on her mp3, for only eighteen she was surprisingly wealthy, which Fliss had grown accustomed to.

Looking around at the other passengers she saw a small family: the parents with their two children, an old woman who obviously didn't know how to put lipstick on properly and a boy. Same age as her, maybe? Dark brown hair, and although she couldn't see him properly from her position, he looked as if he could have green eyes. He was tall, that was for sure and like her, he was alone.
Sitting behind the boy she smiled at him as she settled down in her not-to-comfortable chair.
She was right, he did have green eyes. A nice smile too.
In fact everything about him was lovely, but he continued to look at her with a hint of anticipation on his face, as if he expected her to do something besides be polite and pleasant. Maybe he's scared.
© Copyright 2008 emilywkd76 (emilywkd76 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1414013-Train-Spotting