*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1414136-Dead-Realization
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #1414136
A Man struggles to peice together the broken fragments of his life.
As I stroll through a dark forest, I see a stunning woman in white. Her back was turned away from me, but once I got closer she turned and I took a step back for she had no mouth and her eyes were as white as her dress. It puzzles me when she spoke up and says, "A promise of love should last a life time." "What in the world are you talking about?" I asked, "Let me show you." She says with a wave of her hand. I was not in the lush cool dark forest, but I was on a balcony. As I looked closer I noticed it was I, holding a woman and whispering sweet things into her ear because she was smiling. "Who is that woman I am holding?" I ask the woman in white, she turned and whispered in my ear, "You know who that is." As she uttered the last word I was back in the shadowy woods.

"Hello!"  I call but got no answer. So I continue on my journey to only god knows were. It feels like I have walked for hours, when I finally come across a man in only grey pants. What was odd about him was that he was missing his eyes. "Uh excuse me have you seen a woman wearing white, I was with a sec....." I ask, but before I could finish he interrupts me. "You need not be concerned with her. For family is your foundation." With a snap of his fingers I was warped into a den. The only light source was coming from the fireplace. I wasn't alone though; I was hugging and kissing the same woman from before. Who I still not know her name, just as I was about to ask the man in grey who she was, he snapped his fingers and then I was in a brightly lit room. I had guessed it was the kitchen, because I saw myself stirring something.

I looked to a table, and saw two kids and the woman from previously. I studied the two kids and was shocked at how both of them looked a lot like me and the woman. The girl looked about ten or eleven; she looked more like the woman. The boy looked around eight or nine but he looked more like me. I turned to the man in grey and asked "are these kids mine?" Not turning to me he answers "you know the answer." By this point I was very angry because no one was answering me. To my dismay he snapped his fingers for a third time, this time I was in a bed with a totally different woman who was much younger than the other woman. "Now you just have to tell me who this woman is." I angrily ask, "You know who she is." He replied calmly. Then I realized I was back in the forest, but the man was nowhere in site.


Now I was determined to find out, what the hell was going on. So I start to dash blindly into the mysterious forest. All of sudden I hear water falling, as I got to a clearing I see a pond with a beautiful waterfall with its water cascading over the edge into the pond. Just as I was about to dip my hands into the clear pond a young woman, rose from the dark depths of the pond. She was wearing a flowing dress as dark as the sky above. Before she could wave her hand I yelled, "You people have dragged me into these weird places and no one has answered my questions and its frustrating me, so will you please answer my questions?" the woman just says "You will see." Then she waves her hand, and I was in a room watching myself yell and beat the first woman I was with, as I watch I feel a wave of disgust wash over me. "Why..... Why am I doing that to her," I ask the young woman. Without answering she waved my hand and then I was kissing the second woman I saw from earlier, and the door opening quickly surprising the both of us. Next it flashes to a cemetery and the woman and the children from earlier, but they are older. All three was looking at a tombstone, not saying a word. "Who died?" I asked not taking my eyes off the scene.

The young woman turned to me and whispered in my ear and said one word and one word that will haunt me forever, "you." My eyes grew wide. Then like an explosion my memory of everything came back to me. I remembered the life I lived with my wife and kids, and then the life I lived with my secret lover. Then on the day I beat me wife I was caught with my lover. I saw in slow motion my wife burst in, and take out a gun. Then she shot my lover once in the head, and then she turned to me and with a smile shot me twice in the stomach and once in the head. Then everything went black. I looked up and notice the two people from earlier, standing beside the young woman. "I'm dead." I whisper the three looks at me and nod.
© Copyright 2008 silent one (lexigal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1414136-Dead-Realization