*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1414612-Mystical
Rated: 18+ · Other · Fantasy · #1414612
Please tell me what you think about it! Any criticism is allowed.
Deep in the woods of Lilithia, where everything is perfect, there crouches a young woman beside a pond filled with lilies. The air is clearly undisturbed around the mark of a bend where she hunches down looking at the water. It stirs in the slightest, and drops of the morning rain splatter her get-up.

Looking up, she can just catch half the sun preparing to rise over the hills. She's remembering a time in her life when all of her problems were limited and she'd never known what it was to feel misery. Misery is such a little word to use in her circumstance because what she feels is a pain that reaches deep down into her heart startling natural bondage with an outside world.

Her name is Celesta, and she was born in an undisturbed colony due north of Lilithia's forest.

One dunk of the head and her face was surrounded by the little pool's water. She could feel the cool that'd ebbed into it since early dawn and the rippling of the water around made no harm visible.

Her tangled up, frizzying hair had curled into the little bob she'd owned since birth. All was calm... all was new and old.

But wait... something here wasn't right. She cocked her head side ways beneath and saw. There were little creatures; little furry ones.

She brought up her head, coughed up some of the water, and focused her little gray eyes on the hopping things. Even she, serene as she looked now, with her hair in tangles and a demeanor of wildness grouped with strange aura wrapped about; even she took the time to witness this.

They hopped about in pairs at a time, and sometimes one or two would jump up in solitude.

Their actions were like that of an arising dance. A smooth beckoning directed towards rays of orange brilliance. Dipping her hand into the slowly warming pond, she cupped some of the water into her hand and reached out towards the furry ones.

One by one, they approached her, slurpped from her palm, and hopped away in health.

"Beautiful... aren't they?" Those gruff, low spoken words. He was back. Yet there was something out of the ordinary here, his words seemed strained and she noticed his back; turned away from her for a quick second.

"She's here then?" He asked, looking into the water of the pool in front of which the young girl squatted.

"She is," was all Celesta said.

"So...?"

She commenced in standing; her hair was still rounded into the curly bob that'd occured but five mintues ago as the man waited quietly for her
to remove the medallion around her child-like neck.

In all of her childhood she'd never shown hesitancy, and now there was no exception. The heavy strand of lavendar came off easily, and she held on to it for mere seconds before her master's provocations took hold of her.

She focused her eyes of blazing, calm gray to the water; a likable place and stiffled the oncoming of tears as pain shot up the back of her neck. What if she couldn't remember?

With an unseemingly real plop, it sank to the bottom and Celesta began to shake. She gasped and rested her head hypnotically on her bosom, knee cab, and arm in the hopes of finding protection... satiating and real.

Then she bent her head forward and turned it up again quickly; repeating the same routine.

He was a swindly looking character; not to be trusted. The man's name was Meveal, and he'd come down the mountain from a little shop where he dwelled with a wife and two sons.

The face of the kind-hearted, girl had been replaced now. Meveal blinked and witnessed, not wanting to interfere for prior scoldings of these methods.

In two more seconds there was no more little, girl but a staunch, wicked-looking woman peered into his face on her former spot by the pool.

"It's nice to see you again, Meveal..." Her hands twisted out in a greeting and Meveal weakly took them with his mouth just barely supressing a sly smile when his eyes trailed down her dress.

He coughed, "What is it now?" His voice; barely audible over the shrieking birds; more still had flown up in the hops of moving on from this strange being's air.

The one now standing tall, with the breeze of the morning ruffling up her expanse of curls braiding slowly down her back, did not fail to notice the man's torn clothing and blood stains.

She licked her lips at his undone apparel and replied, "I'm still keeping to my word on the before subject. I will help your family no matter what; this enthralls me as well."

"What do you mean?!" His voice vibrated over an escaping, row's caw, and the trees around began to close in on them slowly.

"I'll not have you lying to me, Meveal!"

"What do you mean?" He glanced towards the sky, averting his eyes at all costs.

"I meant what I said. This is the last straw, no more chances for you."

"Bu-but!"

She moved closer to him, twisted the lock of matted hair near his ear and whispered, "This is the end for you."


© Copyright 2008 Lillies (lillies at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1414612-Mystical