*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1415148-The-Chron-of-Nikolai-Ravenclaw-Prologue
by Tyneil
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1415148
A prologue of my first chapter giving a little more insight on Nikolai.
The Chronicles
Of
Nikolai Ravenclaw


Prologue

“Mom, why doesn’t Dillon like to play with me anymore?”
“Nikolai, what makes you think that?”
‘Well he’s always hanging out with his girlfriend Sarah, and every time I ask him to play with me, he says no and goes to his room”
“Well Nick, your brother’s getting older, and he’s going through some changes, and when you get his age you’ll go through the same changes too”
“But I would still play with my little brother”
“And I bet he still likes to play with you”
“Do you even think he remembers what tomorrow is?”
“I bet he does”
“Good because I don’t want him to forget I’m turning seven”
“I don’t think he will; do you remember how old Dillon is?”
“Umm eleven I think”
“Close, he’s twelve”
“When did he turn twelve?”
“You don’t remember?”
“No”
“He turned twelve last month”
As Nikolai and his mother are talking Dillon walks in through the front door trying to hide his right arm.
“Hey Dillon did you have fun with Sarah?”
“Yeah mom it was a blast”
Their mom notices a bandage wrapped around Dillon’s right hand.
“Dillon what happened to your hand?”
Pointing to his hand “Oh this, umm I was walking Sarah home and I got bit by a wild dog”
“Did you get it cleaned up?”
“Yeah I cleaned it like a minute after it happened”
“Good, because the last thing you need is an infection”
Nikolai gets off the couch and runs toward his brother.
“Hey Dillon”
“Hey buddy what’s up?”
“Not much, mom and I were just talking about my party tomorrow”
“Oh yeah that’s right, hey Nick I know I haven’t been able to hang out with you a lot lately but tomorrow is your day and I promise I’m gonna make it up to ya”
“Yippee!”
“Alright well Nick it’s your bed time so off you go”
Nikolai runs up stairs full of excitement. After Nikolai is was out of the room their mom walked to Dillon.
“Dillon you may not want to here this, but I think you need to break up with Sarah”
“Why?”
“Because of the things I’ve seen”
“Like what?”
“Well, I found out that she studies witchcraft”
“I didn’t know that”
“And when she’s around Nikolai, his eye color goes from blue to crimson”
“I didn’t know that either”
“Yeah and she also has that out in space look like she’s not even paying attention to what we’re saying”
“That’s just the way she is mom”
“I just don’t think you should date her anymore because she’s not a good influence on you”
“Oh yeah, prove it”
The bite on Dillon’s right arm begins to glow bright blue.
“Ok then; you stopped doing your chores, you’ve been ignoring your little brother, and you’ve also started staying up later each night”
“So what, am I not allowed to talk to my girlfriend?!”
Dillon is starting to get frustrated and his body begins to tremble.
“Yes you are; but don’t you dare raise your voice to me”
“You know what, I don’t have to listen to this; I’m going to bed”
Dillon turns around and starts walking towards the steps. Just as he puts his foot on the steps his mom grabs him and turns him around. While he’s being turned around he smacks his mom with the back of his hand and sends her flailing to the ground.
“Dillon, what’s wrong with you?”
Dillon realizes what he has done and runs up the stairs.
Later that night Nikolai awakens to here weird noises coming from Dillon’s room.
Nikolai walks down the hall all the while the strange noises get louder; he opens Dillon’s door while rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Just when he was about to ask his brother what was going on, he noticed Sarah leaning over the tied up form of Dillon. Nikolai watched in horror as his brother began transforming into a large fury monster. Nikolai started to scream but out of nowhere Sarah appeared behind him covering his mouth and said “Nick I’m so sorry you have to see this, but your brother is very sick and if I don’t take him with me for a while your whole family could be in danger”
Nikolai removes Sarah’s hand from his mouth “No, you’re not taking Dillon away again!”
“I’m sorry Nick but I have no choice, this is for your own good”
Tears begin swelling up in Nikolai’s eyes “But he promised me he would be at my party tomorrow”
“I’m so sorry but I’m not letting him stay”
“Why?”
“Nick I want you to look at your brother”
Nikolai looked at his brother groaning in pain “What’s wrong with him?”
“He was bitten by a werewolf; do you know what that is?”
”No, is it bad?”
“Yes it’s very bad”
“How can you help him?”
“Well I’m a witch; I can take him somewhere special and help him there”
“Can I come?”
“Sorry but no; where I’m going, it’s not safe for you”
Dillon began to scream and yell in pain as the final turning process began.
“Nick I have to get him out of here now!”
Sarah lets go of Nikolai and walks toward Dillon. Nikolai quickly latches on to Sarah’s leg.
“Please Sarah no!”
Dillon’s screams begin to turn into howls.
“I’m sorry Nick I can’t waste anymore time, here I want you to have this, it was a gift from your brother; happy seventh birthday” she bends over and gives him a necklace that has a tiny ball on it that is half blue and red.
Nikolai takes the necklace and throws it at Sarah “I HATE YOU!”
“I can understand why but that doesn’t change the fact that I need to take your brother; and I know that sounds bad and I’m sorry” she hands him back the necklace.
“Are there others like you?”
“Yes and even more different ones now no more questions I’ve got to go!”
Sarah snaps her fingers and disappears and then instantly reappears over top of Dillon. She begins to chant a spell, Nikolai watches in awe as Dillon and Sarah begin to glow and instantly disappear leaving him in an empty room.
© Copyright 2008 Tyneil (tyber at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1415148-The-Chron-of-Nikolai-Ravenclaw-Prologue