*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1415183-Maceys-spring-day
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1415183
young girl want to go fishing
The air was warm with fragrance of Dog Wood and spring flowers gentle filled morning breeze. Macey lays on the back porch watching the sun glimmer through the barren limb of the oak tree.
She could hear her mom finishing up the morning breakfast dishes; she was lost to what to do on this spring day. Her eyes started to twinkle and freckles begin to wrinkle as an idea started to come to mind.
Macey jumped to her feet and ran to the shed looking for a ball of twine and some fishing hook that her father stored on the shelf. Taken them and shoving them in the back pocket of tattered, faded bib overalls.
She ran back to the house for an empty tin can and an old spoon that lay on the back porch. With can in hand Macey moved across the yard and into the woods where she moved log and leaves looking for red worms and grubs to collect in the can.
When the can was filled the lid was bent down and placed in her other hip pocket. Macey worked her way to the pastor fence; she stopped and tucked her head through fence to look for the old mule that lived there. Looking across the pastor at a clump tree on the other side, she knew that, she had to clear the field as fast as possible; the mule would try his best to chase her.
With a deep breath she started to run as fast as she could go and looking over her shoulder for, Peedie, the mule. As the she came closer to the fence she fell forward and slid under the bottom rail into safety.
Macey lay there long enough to catch her breath and started on her way to trees where the sound of frogs and birds could be heard. She found a shade three to sit under and unload the tin can string, and hooks. Taking the twine and tying a hook to the end, with a small grub she threw it in the water and tied other end to a tree limb.
Leaning back on the trunk with a peaceful thought of, what a better way, could she have spent the spring day and feel a sleep.
Time went by and she woke in her own bed room, then she realized that she was dreaming. She was surrounded by all of her dolls. She knew it had to be a dream, because her dad, DID NOT, own a fish hook...
Flatlander


© Copyright 2008 flatlander (tennflatlander at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1415183-Maceys-spring-day