*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1415701-A-Day-In-the-Life-of-a-Counter-Terrorist
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Military · #1415701
A short story displaying a day in the life of a Counter-Terrorist.
"A day in the life of a Counter-Terrorist is difficult." said Captain Oliver Sanders. "We in the field do a lot of work, especially preventing attacks from other countries. The other day we were called in to a job in Saudi Arabia. That was a dangerous task." said Sanders. "Me and my squad of 3 men went in to investigate a possible bomb threat, which we had been tipped off about. We went in undercover, our holsters ready and pistols loaded. This is a typical day for me."

Captain Oliver Sanders and his men walk into a casino in Saudi-Arabia. The target they are looking for is named Al-Jihad. He is nowhere in sight. "Men, fan out. Two by two cover spread." says Sanders. The men fan out to look for him, gripping their guns. Sanders and his squad are equipped with only Desert Eagle pistols, which are hidden under their shirts. They fan out and look for their target. Each of the men are equipped with headsets, for quick contact if anything is noticed. One of Sander's men notices a man that looks like Al-Jihad. He alerts the captain, and they close in. Al-Jihad notices them, and runs for it. Jihad bolts away, and the four men dart after him. "The speedy chase scene, heh." thinks Sanders to himself.

Al-Jihad goes through lines of gleaming lottery machines, and crowded blackjack tables, and finally makes it to the door. He runs up the stairs, and pulls out a gun. He fires it down the stairwell, and it narrowly misses one of Sander's squad mates. As he approaches another door, Sanders pulls together all his strength and bolts at Al-Jihad. Sanders is trailing right behind Al-Jihad, and jumps, trying to tackle him, but misses by just a hair. Jihad is running down the hallway now, and Sanders pulls out his gun. Sanders takes aim, steadies it, and lets the gun weave it's beauty. Sanders lands a perfect shot on Al-Jihad, straight to the leg. Jihad collapses to the ground with a "THUD".

"Yes, this takes place basically every week for me. Some deranged threat occurs, and I get to investigate. All in all, I like my job, it's exciting, but some days I'd prefer a desk job. Ha ha."
© Copyright 2008 Xavier Lynoble (systematikgs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1415701-A-Day-In-the-Life-of-a-Counter-Terrorist