*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1416215-Your-Eyes
Rated: E · Poetry · Other · #1416215
A simple reflective poem.
You look out at the world and can't help but take it for what it really is.
Your eyes, while stunningly beautiful, portray a pain deeper than any can see.
The piercing blue of your eyes seem to pierce the sky that you ponder so deeply.
What's behind your bright smile and young face?
Is there a history that no one knows?
Or are there just emotions that no one can ever know?
Do you feel something so deep that no one else can even dive in?
Your perception of the world is the truth, with a romantic twist.
You see the pain, hate, vengeance, and reality in everything.
However, you can also see the love, softness, and new aspect to all life.
You can accentuate those features and feelings of the world,
Or you can take them away and only be warmed by your fire of animosity.
Is it easier for you to hate, than to love?
Is it easier to keep people at a distance, than to let them close?
You've been hurt so much that your actions show it well.
You're so afraid to take a step near something that could be good, even great,
Only because you know that there is also the potential to be left alone and broken.
Your confidence is an outer wall that breaks down more than it protects.
But what if it were real?
What if your confidence were more than just a simple facade?
Or what if people knew that it was just that?
How would things change for you?
Would you build up a new wall to keep the discoverer out?
Or would you allow them to break this wall down and let them into your heart?
Your piercing blue eyes could scare most away.
The pain held inside is portrayed as hate or arrogance.
When they are filled with adoration though,
You and your eyes are the most beautiful thing in this horror-filled world...
© Copyright 2008 Nikki Barbaree (vampire-love at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1416215-Your-Eyes