*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1416371-After-Sunset-Chapter-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by M
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1416371
A girl named Angie meets a beautiful man...but little does she know, he's a vampire.
I woke up at the sound of my alarm clock beeping. I rolled over on my bed and hit the clock on its head. It stopped. I lied there for a few moments, wishing I didn't have to get up and go to school. "Ugh." I whispered in my raspy, morning voice and rubbed my head. My red nails scratched my head and the back of my neck. I heard loud footsteps walking down the hallway outside my room and down the stairs. It was my mom. She always woke up about an hour before me to do her morning chores before my dad and I woke up to leave. My mom did not work, so she devoted almost all her time to my dad and I since my sister moved out a few years ago.
         I looked over at the clock, it was six in the morning. I sighed and closed my eyes again. I can sleep for five more minutes. I didn't understand why students had to wake up so early for school, it was almost ridiculous. Why couldn't they just move back the time to start school by two hours? Heck, even one hour would be better. It was frustrating how school usually made no sense on its policies and rules. In my head, school was pointless and not needed in my world. I did very well in school, I did not need it, I was naturally smart and bright. The students in school, I was not crazy about. The other students bothered me, I usually kept to myself. I had a good number of friends, but anyone I didn't know, I didn't bother to talk to. Most people were jerks or annoying, not my type of people.
         I rolled my eyes open and sighed again before sitting up from my bed and stretching out my arms. I stood up and walked to my door and flicked on the light to my room. The sudden bright light hurt my eyes and I covered them for a few seconds. I looked at my window and saw it was still dark outside, it was almost sunrise. Then, I heard my mom come up the stairs and walk down the hallway to my room. She opened the door and I sat on my bed. She peeked her head in and smiled at me. Her red hair flowed around her face nicely, like a river of blonde silk pouring over her head. She always looked nice, even in the morning. I was proud to show her off most of the time.
         "Just makin' sure you're up for school." I weakly smiled back at her and she closed the door. I listened to her walk into my parents' room to wake my dad up. I stood up from my bed and walked to my closet. My feet touched the cold floor and each step woke me up a little more. As my eyes scanned the closet, I moved around some items of clothing. What do I wear? I scratched my head and pulled out a T-shirt and jeans from my closet. I examined them, cocking my head and deciding if they would look okay to wear. I lifted my shirt over my head and flipped it onto my bed. I pulled my hips and legs out of my pajama pants and threw those on my bed. I put on my new clothes and looked down at myself. I ran my hands down my legs to feel how well the jeans fit. I let my shirt hang as low as it wanted around my waist, pulling it down tomy butt like most people would just stretch the fabric. But luckily, I didn't even have to to anything to my T-shirt because it fit me just the way I wanted it to. That was why it was one of my favorites. With a look into my mirror I saw my crazy hair. My eyes widened and I laughed at how messy my hair was. I had very thick, dark-brown hair that went a little past my shoulders. It had a very rich color of brown that was dark and smooth. I enjoyed it, I was one of the few lucky people who didn't have t do much to their hair, I never really did anyways. I wasn't one of those people who checked how they looked every minute. I just threw something on, made sure it looked okay, and went on my way.
         I brushed my hair and teased it a little bit before moving on to my makeup. My eyes were beautiful, brown eyes. They were large and my long eyelashes added a pretty elegance to them. I didn't need to do much to them, just some eyeliner and maybe eye shadow if I felt like it. That was another plus to my routine in the morning. The less I did in the morning, the better. I checked myself in my mirror before reached for my purse. Then, I left my room, shutting my light off on my way as I walked down the hallway and stairs.
         "Do you want some breakfast, Angie?" I walked into the kitchen as Mom asked me. My name was Angela Loretti, but everyone called me Angie. I looked at the pancakes sitting on the table and decided I wasn't hungry for pancakes, besides the fact that I rarely ate in the morning.
         "No, thanks. I'm not hungry," I said and heard my dad coming down the stairs. He walked into the kitchen and sat at the table as my mom smiled at him. Gag. Parents giving each other love-looks and being all lovey-dovey was sickening to watch. They were parents, their love days were over. Or they should at least get a room and do whatever in pure secret.
         "Good morning, ladies." My dad smiled and looked from me to my mom. She greeted him and left the room to the living room. "Angie, do you want me to drop you off at school today?" Dad always wanted to drop me off. Even though I was a senior in school and had my own job and car, Dad always got worried with my driving myself everywhere. Probably because I was his only child left at home and he loved me so much. I guess it was a good thing, but it got annoying sometimes. My older sister, Debbie, said he did the same thing to her when she started driving around, and that he even did it to her sometimes when she would visit. It was funny to think of Dad doing that, my parents were such dorks.
         "No, Dad. We have been through this before. I'm eighteen, about to graduate in a few months. Get over me," I said and we both laughed. I threw my purse over my arm and said bye to him. I walked through the livingroom and to the front door. I took my black Converses and slipped my feet into them and tied my white shoelaces. I turned to my mom watching TV. "Bye, Mom," I said and she got up and gave me a hug goodbye. I left and closed the door behind me.
         I walked off the porch and down the little sidewalk to our driveway. It was still dark outside, but it was starting to get a little lighter. We lived about a mile from the city on a city street that was a little more spread out than the regular streets. We had a normal backyard with a fence and a small yard in the front of our house.
         I through my little yard and walked up to my silver Saturn Ion. I pulled out my keys from my purse and clicked the remote on my keychain to unlock my doors. I heard my cars horn beep once and I opened my driver's door and got in. I turned on my car and put it in reverse. I looked behind me through the little window in the back and pulled out of my driveway and drove down the street in the direction of the school.
         I pulled into the parkinglot and swung my car into a free space. My car turned off and I got out of my car. My legs swung out of my car and into the cool air. I closed my door behind me and walked across the lot. I pushed the button on my keychain and my doors locked. I looked around, it was brighter outside. The sun was almost coming up over in the East and it lit up the land around me even though it wasn't breaking into the sky just yet. I heard ruffling in the bushes behind me as I walked through the parkinglot. I turned around and looked into the small wooded area on the outside edge of part of the parkinglot. I stood there perfectly still as I waited for the ruffling to start again. Then, a car drove into the lot and passed me. I jumped in sudden fright and calmed myself. Dang. The person inside the car I didn't know, but they looked at me strangely when they saw they scared me when they passed me. I rolled my eyes and turned to walk out of the lot once more.
         When I entered the school, I walked up the first staircase in the lobby to the second floor and walked to my locker section. I stood by my friend John's locker and waited for him almost every morning to hear any stories or any gossip he wanted to talk about. I stood their for about a minute when I saw him walking down the hallway with his friends. He saw me and separated from them. The other students began to swarm the locker section, they did every morning. Some argued about other students, some laughed and fooled around, some just didn't want to be bothered and pushed others out of their way. I stood clear of anyone and watched my friend approach me.
         "Hey, Angie. You look tired," John told me and opened his locker while throwing his backpack in it.
         "Yea, I wasn't ready to wake up today--too early." John pulled out his books and slammed his locked shut. Some guy behind me nudged me to move so he could get into his locker, I moved over and walked with John.
         "Me either. Did you talk to Mindy yesterday? I haven't heard from her." Mindy was one of both mine and John's friends. She was the usual one to want to hang out with us both when we hung out. Yesterday was Sunday, we didn't hang out that day. The last time i talked to her was Saturday.
         "No, she called Saturday, but I wasn't up to hanging out at The Club. She didn't call you at all?" I reached my classroom and we stood outside the door next to the wall. Tons of students passed us, they all had something else to talk about about the weekend.
         "No, she didn't call me. I hope she is okay."
         "I'm sure she is. I'll find her and yell at her for worrying you." I winked at John and he rolled his eyes.
         "Oh, stop. Just make sure she is okay, you know how I am about that stuff--"
         "Alright!" I rolled my eyes and he smiled at me. I turned and walked into my classroom. John was close to Mindy and I. But he was probably closer to me. In the sixth grade, he always told me I was pretty and tried to get with me. He did that until ninth grade, he matured since then and just settled with being my friend.
         I sat in my seat and listened to everyone else's conversations. I looked at at the desk next to mine on my right and saw it was empty. That was Mindy's desk. I looked at the classroom door and waited for Mindy to walk in. I waited. I waited and waited and Mindy didn't come in. Then, the bell rang to go to first period.
         The whole morning I was wondering where Mindy was and John wouldn't leave me alone about it. "I'm sure she is fine! Maybe she is sick," I yelled at him in the hallway on our way to fourth period. I turned to look in front of myself when I saw Mindy walk up to us.
         "Mindy! We were worried something bad happened to you." John gave her a hug and she looks at us like we were crazy. I laughed and rolled my eyes at John, Mindy laughed.
         "Sorry I didn't call, I was busy all weekend with my mom. And this morning, I had to meet with the principle about my schedule." Mindy looked at us both and smiled. Her red hair was pulled neatly into a ponytail with her bangs over her forehead. Her glasses shone in the light as glares bounced across her lenses. She was very pretty and nice. Some people didn't like her, they thought she was a snob, but she was always my friend.
         "Let's go, we will be late for gym," John said and pulled Mindy and myself down the hallway. We walked to gym and John separated from Mindy and I. We walked into the locker room where we heard loud yelling and laughing.
         "So, Angie, how was your weekend?" Mindy changed into her shorts and looked at me.
         "Good. Kinda' boring, I didn't go to The Club," I said and Mindy's eyes widened.
         "Why not? Nick could have been there waiting for you!" Mindy yelled and grabbed my shoulders. I shrugged and sighed.
         "Eh, I'm not worried about him. I didn't feel like going." Mindy let me go and sighed. I laughed at her and she smiled. Nick Volley was a guy I met at the Spice Club the week earlier. He was very handsome, and had a great body, but I wasn't too worried about him. He wasn't really my type: Muscle, and full of himself. He annoyed me.
         After gym class was lunch. I ate with Mindy, John, and some other friends. The rest of the day was normal, a regular Monday. At the end of the day, I walked through the parkinglot to my car and pulled out my keychain. I pushed the button on the remote and unlocked my doors. I got in and left the parkinglot around 2:20 in the afternoon.
         I drove home and pulled into my driveway carefully. I got out--locking my doors--and walked up the porch and into the house.
         "Mom, I'm home!" My yell echoed though the house and I saw my mom peek into the livingroom. My little dog, Coco, ran into the livingroom and barked at me She was a black, fuzzy dog. She was so cute. Her body was only a few inches off the floor. "Hey, Coco!" I kneeled down and scratched her. She grew excited and jumped around. I laughed and gave her a kiss on her head.
         "Hey, how was school? Dinner is almost ready." Mom went back into the kitchen and yelled out as I waked upstairs. Coco followed me.
         "Okay. School was stupid." I walked up the stairs to my room and threw my purse onto my computer desk. I picked up Coco and sat her on the bed. I fell onto my bed and sat their for a few seconds as Coco licked my face and rubbed against my hands as a sign for me to rub her. Now what? Nothing to do. A jog? Go hang out with Mindy? What about the Spice Club? Should I go? It's a school night, though. Hmm. I got up and put Coco on the floor. She walked out of my room and down the stairs. I walked to my computer desk. I turned on my computer and waited for it to load. The soft melody of the computer booting up chimed as I saw my desktop appear. I clicked into my email and checked it, I had no messages. I sighed and got up from my desk--leaving my computer on. I left my room and trotted downstairs.
         I entered the kitchen and saw Mom washing dishes on the other side of the room. Next to the sink was the stove. On the other side of the sink was the counter and cabinets that lined some of the front and left wall. On the stove was a steaming pot. I could smell a delicious aroma circling around me. Coco sat on the floor by the table--waiting for food to be "dropped".
         "Soup is done," Mom said after she turned around and saw me. I smiled and picked a bowl out of the cabinet. I spooned some hot soup into my bowl and sat at the table.
         "Anything new at school," Mom asked as I took a sip of my soup. She walked over and sat next to me with a cup of coffee.
         "No." I cleared my throat and took another sip of soup.
         "How is Mindy? Is she coming over today?"
         "She is fine, and I don't think so." Mom looked at me for a few seconds and cocked her head.
         "I think I should call her mother later, we haven't talked to each other for a while. Her mother is so nice," Mom smiled and continued to look at me. I just nodded that I was listening and ate more soup.
         "Okay, when you're done eating make sure you put away those dishes in the sink," Mom said and left the kitchen and went upstairs. I looked back at the sink and saw a mountain of drying dishes. I sighed and put the rest of my soup in Coco's bowl, there wasn't much left.
         When I was done eating and putting away the dry dishes, I sat in the livingroom on the couch and flipped through the channels on the TV. What do I do now? I should just go for a drive. When I thought that, I felt that I needed to take a drive by myself, or go to someone's house. I walked upstairs and retrieve my purse. I took it with me downstairs and to the front door. I put on my shoes and left the house.
         I walked off the porch and saw the neighbor across the street cutting his grass. It was almost summer, so grass-cutting was seen almost every day in my neighborhood. I waved to him and got into my car. I pulled out of my driveway and drove down the road to the East.
         I watched all my surroundings. The clock on my radio said it was 3:23p.m. I tapped the driving wheel with the tips of my red nails. Where should I go? I drove past a block of houses that looked familiar. Then, I realized it was the block Mindy lived on. What a coincidence. I slowed down and saw Mindy's house. Hmm. I parked on the side of the sidewalk right in front of her house. The blue house with the white shutters felt comfortable to be around. It was practically my second home. I got out and walked to her porch. I knocked loudly three times and waited. I heard a few thumps and someone walking to the door. It opened and Mindy's mom smiled at the sight of me.
         "Hey, Cindy, can I talk to Mindy?" It was a bit awkward saying "Ciny" and "Mindy" in the same sentence. I didn't know why Mindy's parents named her a name so similar to her mom's.
         "Oh, hello, Angela. Sure, Mindy is upstairs," Cindy said with a smile. I smiled back and walked into the house after her. "Mindy, Angela is here," Cindy yelled up the stairs and walked into the kitchen. Then, I heard running upstairs and Mindy appeared at the top of the stairs. She looked won at me and trotted down the stairs with a smiled.
         "What's up, Angie?"
         "I was driving around and saw your house--"
         "Hey, Angela," Mindy's dad, Carl, walked out of the kitchen and spoke with a smile.
         "Hi, Carl," I said and smiled at him.
         "How are you?"
         "Good, how are you?" I had to ask.
         "Pretty good." Carl walked back into the kitchen.
         "Anyways, you want to do something," Mindy asked and I looked back at her.
         "If you want to. I just wanted to get out of the house and came upon your house."
         "Sure you did." We both laughed and I heard someone walking down the stairs behind Mindy. She turned around and I saw her little sister, Madeline.
         "Hi, Angie!" Madeline gave me a hug and Mindy rolled her eyes.
         "Okay, we'll go to The Club," Mindy smirked and ran upstairs before I could oppose.
         'You guys are leaving?" I heard little Madeline's voice and I looked down at her and nodded. Her cute little hair curled around her face and her beautiful, blue eyes stared at me. Those young eyes, so bright and happy. She frowned and said, "Okay." She gave me a hug and walked into the livingroom.
         I walked up the blue-rugged stairs and across the hallway into Mindy's room. Clothes were thrown everywhere. I leaned to the right and looked into her closet. I found Mindy was in her closet pulling out clothes and throwing them across the room.
         "Wow, you move fast," I said and laughed. I sat on her bed and watched her. "You do know that we have school tomorrow, don't you?"
         "Of course, but both of us want to go out don't we? And the club is the best place. Come on. Get ready!" Mindy pulled out a sequin top. My eyes widened and she smirked.
         "I am ready," I said and stood up and looked down at myself."
         "No way, you need to look cute. Show some skin. Regular clothes will not do," Mindy ran back to her closet and flipped through the clothes hanging up. She pulled out a low-cut, black top. "This is it!" I took it from her hand and looked at it. I smiled and nodded. She laughed. "Keep your jeans, they are cute."
         I went into Mindy's bathroom and changed. I looked at the top in the mirror. It was a tight, black top that tied around my neck. On the inside of the fabric were what felt like sticks from form-fitted my waist and snugly wrapped the top around me. Basically, it was a type or corset, but not as dramatic. I walked back into Mindy's room and she stood still by the sight of me with wide eyes and an open mouth.
         "What?"
         "That is...hot!" We laughed and I looked at her outfit. Her top was a strapless, orange top with yellow sequin. Her jeans were ripped around the knees just like mine but were a shade lighter.
         "You looked cute, Mindy," I winked and she posed. We laughed. I waited while Mindy put on her makeup and then we were ready to leave.
         We left her house and got into my car. When I turned the key, the time on my radio illuminated and said 4:30p.m. The Spice Club opened at 5:00 and doors didn't shut until 10:00 on weekdays. I pulled into the street and drove East to Downtown Rowburgh.
         "I bet Nick will be there," Mindy winked at me and I rolled my eyes.
         "I don't think so."
         "Oh, come on, Angie. You need a man!" I sighed but kept my eyes on the road.
         "I've had plenty. All jerks, thank you."
         "Ugh, just keep trying. You need a boyfriend. Any guy would kill to have you--"
         "Until they find out they ain't "gettin'" any," I gripped the steering wheel tightly and calmed myself quickly.
         "Well, you just need to find the right guy. One you can spend the rest of your life with." We both knew a guy lke that was very hard to find. A good guy was like a prize stuck in a paper bag with all the jerks (stupid prizes nobody wants). You just had to keep picking out of your bag until you picked a good guy, a guy forth giving up everything for.
         "We both need a good man for once," I said and we both agreed. I reached Rowburgh and carefully drove downtown through the crowded streets. I didn't enjoy driving in the city much--too many people--but I handled it. I drove in the direction of the Spice Club as Mindy checked her makeup. I came up on a stoplight. I stopped and looked down at my shirt. I could see it showed much cleavage.
         "Don't even think about changing. You look good." I bobbed my head at Mindy's words and puckered my lips. She laughed and I flipped my dark, brown hair. Then, I spotted the club. "There it is." I looked at my radio, the clock read 5:13p.m. I looked at the long line of people waiting to get in. I pulled onto another street and parked in the parkinglot. Mindy checked her makeup and flipped her red, curly hair. I debated whether or not to take my purse. I didn't need it but I grabbed it anyway and we got out of the car. Mindy and I walked side-by-side out of the lot. I looked at my watch and saw it was 5:15 p.m.
         "I hope the sun goes down soon," Mindy said.
         "It is dark inside." I whispered and looked at the long line outside the Spice Club doors. The club had no windows and only two doors--front and back--so it was always dark inside. "Dang, we're gonna' be waiting a long time," I said and Mindy nodded.
         "Well, we ain't leavin', so deal with it." I rolled my eyes at her and she smiled. We approached the club and walked to the very back of the line--at the end of the block. Mindy stood next to me, we didn't really talk, but everyone around us gossiped and carried on. The girls dressed in mini-skirts and what looked like a piece of fabric over there chest. I squinted and wrinkled my nose. I'm glad I didn't dress like that. I looked at the side of the club. My eyes danced across the red bricks and looked at all the chips and pieces missing out of some of the bricks. The big, glowing sign that said "Spice Club" hung from the top of the wall.
         After twenty minutes in line, Mindy and I finally reached the front of the line. The bulky body guard with a shaved head asked us for our ID. His huge arms stretched out his tight shirt and looked like it would rip any second. Mindy and I showed the man our driver's licenses and he opened the door for us and let us in. I looked into the club as Mindy followed me in. We walked down a short hallway and opened two heavy doors. We walked into a black room with neon lights dancing around. A disco ball hung from the ceiling and various lights blinked and flickered. We stood on a small platform that connected to the walls around the room. Below us was the dance floor. Mindy grabbed onto the railing and looked down. The blasting music thumped in my chest and weakened my knees. I loved that feeling.
         "Wow! It is packed!" Mindy yelled in my ear, that was the only way for me to hear her. I yelled back and looked around the room. The lights danced over parts of bodies and seemed to scope the room. I grabbed Mindy's hand and walked down the walkway that lead to different rooms. In the rooms, there were couches, a bar, and bathrooms. I walked into the second room and pushed back the curtain. It was the bar. a few people were arguing over something, I couldn't really hear them. I walked out and walked into the second room.
         It was a red room lined with couches and coffee tables. There were different "booths" that had couches and a coffee table. I walked into one and put my purse on the table. Mindy did too.
         "I want to dance!' Mindy yelled over the music and I looked around.
         "I don't want to just yet. Let's wait for more people to arrive," I yelled back and her eyes widened.
         "It is packed already! Let's go," Mindy yelled and grabbed my hand. I sighed and let her drag me down the walkway and down the stairs and to the dance floor. Then, Mindy just jumped in and started dancing. I laughed and danced a little bit...I wasn't really in the mood to dance yet. So, I slipped out of the crowd of people when she was dancing on someone else and walked up the stairs I walked down the walkway around the edges of the room and back into the room with the couches. I sat in our "booth" and went into my purse. I looked at my cell phone and checked for any calls or messages. John called a few minutes earlier so I texted him back saying that we were at The Club. I looked around the room at the other people sitting in their booths. One couple was kissing each other all over the place. I wrinkled my nose and looked away. Then, the curtains to the room waved and i saw a white hand pushed them open.
         A beautiful man walked into the room and looked around. I stared at him and didn't move. His beautiful face looked like it was sculpted out of marble. His lovely hair looked mahogany and pieces hung over his forehead with a feathered look. The rest of his hair was slicked and hung calmly on his head above his ears. His beautiful facial features looked unreal, like no human could ever flaunt that perfection. My breathing stopped. The man's eyes flickered around and room and shot onto me. We stared at each other for a long time. His grey eyes didn't move, they hypnotized me. I couldn't even think. It was like I wasn't even at the club anymore. I felt a wave of, something, came over me. I didn't even know how to describe it. My whole body tensed. My fingertips tingled and my blood pumped through my body fast, I could feel my cheeks getting hot. Then, the man turned and let people behind him enter the room and walk past him, laughing and giggling. My phone in my hand vibrated and beeped loudly. I took a breath and blinked as my suffocating body sucked in more air to keep me alive. I looked down at my phone and saw I had a text message. I looked back up and the man was gone. O my...who was that? My breathing was hard, it felt like a pice of me was gone and I couldn't even understand what had happened moments before. It was almost like, my whole body was dying, almost, once again, it was hard to explain. I flipped my phone open and looked at what John had to say. He just told me to call him later. I texted back that I would and put my phone in my pocket. Mindy came into the room.
         "Where have you been? You left me," Mindy yelled and waved her arms. Then, I saw Nick behind her. My eyes widened and my other friend Randy entered the room. "Look who I found!" Mindy put her hand on Nick's shoulder and he sat next to me. Randy sat down next to Nick and Mindy sat next to Randy. I looked at them and Randy stared babbling about some girl he saw.
         "Hey, Angie. Long time no see. How are you?" I wrinkled my nose and faked a smile at Nick.
         "I'm fine, how are you?"
         "I'm good," he said and smiled. Mindy winked at me and I squinted at her.
         "Angie, why don't you dance with Nick? Me and Randy will join you two in a bit," Mindy said and I gave her the "stink eye". She smiled and Nick turned to me.
         "What do you say, Angie?" What do I say? I can't be mean...but I don't want to dance with him! I'm gonna' get you back, Mindy!
         "Well, let me use the restroom first." I said and stood up. Nick nodded and smiled and I weakly smiled back. As soon as I turned around I dropped it. I walked out of the room and down the walkway to the next room. I walked to the back and walked into the room that had the girl's restroom sign on the front. The loud music thumped in my chest some more. I closed the door behind me and the volume of the music wasn't as bad. I turned and saw a few girls fixing their makeup. The long line of sinks and mirrors lined up against the wall with the bathroom stalls on the other side of the room against the wall. The walls were painted a classic white and the stalls were red. I walked to the mirrors and pretended to fix my hair and check my face. I pretended until the girls left, which seemed to take forever. They finally were done and left the bathroom. I sighed and rubbed my head. I looked in the mirror and thought of the man that walked into the room when I was sitting on the couch. I wonder if he is still here... But how do I get rid of Nick? I left the bathroom and walked back into the room where Nick, Mindy, and Randy sat on the long couch. Nick stood up.
         "Are you coming? We are all going down to dance now," Nick said and Mindy and Randy stood up as well.
         "Yep, I'm ready." I put on a show of pretending I wanted to dance and walked down to the floor with them. Nick grabbed my hand and started dancing in front of me. I looked around and started to dance. I saw the bar in another room across the dance floor. I danced with Nick a little bit to satisfy both him and Mindy and pretended I need a drink.
         "I'll be back! I'm thirsty," I yelled in his ear and he nodded. I trotted between people and dodged dancing bodies and flying arms moving wildly around me. I leaped out of the crowd and walked into the room with the bar. I pulled out my cell and checked for messages. I had none. I sat at the bar and the bartender turned around. He had blonde hair and blue eyes, the lights on the shelves of bottle behind him hurt my eyes n the dark room. The lights on the shelves were the only light.
         "Water," I yelled so he could hear me. He nodded and poured me some water and set it on the bar. Since the Spice Club was a club for anyone older than sixteen and under twenty, they didn't sell any alcohol. I took a sip of my water and put two dollars on the table. The bartender took it and left to take another person's order. I looked around the room and tried to spot the gorgeous man I saw earlier. I didn't see him. Those eyes...they were grey. Is that even possible? They were so strange. I looked at the time on my cell. It read 7:04. I put it back in my pocket and took a drink of my water. I left the room and walked back out to the dance floor. I grabbed Mindy.
         "It is seven!" I yelled in her ear and she nodded. I saw Nick and walked over to him, dodging sweaty bodies. He grabbed me and squeezed me. I rolled my eyes and faked a smile. My mind was cloudy of images of that man I saw earlier. I danced with Nick and Mindy came over and danced with us. The beats to the music vibrated my chest and thumped in my ears. I wanted to see that guy again...
         I stopped dancing and walked up the stairs. I walked down the walkway and to the room with the couches. I looked around. I didn't see him. I walked out and walked into the first room with the bar. I looked at the guys playing pool and the girls hanging allover them. I didn't see him. I walked out and walked to the third room and entered it. Nobody was standing outside the bathrooms. Dang! The two guys came out of the restroom and stopped and stared at me.
         "Hey, Baby. You lookin' fine," The one guy with the dark hair said. The other guy just smiled.
         "Hey." I said and turned around. I ran out, ignoring anything else the men said. I grabbed the railing and looked down at the dance floor. I tried to pick out his face, but it was hard since the dark room only had waving lights that only lit one part of the room at a time, and it wasn't even bright enough to see anyone's faces... No what? I walked down the walkway and to the door in the back. Above it, the exit sign lit up. I pushed the heavy door open and looked outside. A wave of smoke surrounded me and I coughed. A group of people stood around me smoking cigarettes. They all looked at me. None were Him. I closed the door and coughed again down the hallway and back to the walkway. I looked around, I still couldn't find him. I sighed and walked back into the room with the couches. I sat on the couch and pulled out of cell phone. I put it back into my purse and crossed my legs. I looked around the room. The room was almost filled with people in each booth. Then, Mindy and Nick walked into the room. They sat next to me.
         "Are you ready to go, Angie? I'm starving." Mindy said and tried to catch her breath.
         "Yea, I'm ready, I'm hungry too." I said and looked at them both. "Let's go." I grabbed my purse and we stood up. Mindy grabbed her purse and said bye to Nick. "Bye, Nick." I said and smiled. He gave me a hug and we walked out to the walkway. I walked out of the club and Mindy followed. I pushed open the heavy doors and walked to the curb. I looked down the street both ways. First, I looked right, then I looked--
         I saw him. The beautiful man was standing at the end of the block to my left. The block only contained two buildings, so the man was fairly close. I stared at him and he looked at me. His pale skin stood out in the darkness in front of some building I didn't know. He leaned against the building with his arms crossed. I could see the muscle in his arms from where I was standing.
         "Come on, Angie," Mindy yelled and pulled my arm. I spun around and followed her, looking back to see that man again and again. I didn't know why I was acting like that, I couldn't help it. I was so curious. We crossed the street and I pulled out my keys and unlocked the doors to my car. We got in and I turned the car on. I looked through my windshield and the window of my door to try to see the man. But a bulky truck was parked next to me and was in my way. Dang! "Angie, what's wrong? What are you looking at," Mindy asked again.
         "Nothing. Do you want to go out to eat or just go home," I asked her and pulled out of my parking space. I looked through the windshield again at where He was standing. He was gone. Dang!
         "Let's just go out. I want some pizza or something, I'm starving." I drove out of the parking lot and stopped to wait to get on the road. I didn't see Him anywhere. I pulled onto the street and drove away...unsatisfied.
         "So, did you have fun with Nick?" I rolled my eyes at her. She laughed. "Come on, give him a chance. He is totally in to you," Mindy said and I kept my eyes on the road.
         "I'm not in to him, though. I have a question. Did you see that guy standing at the end of the block of The Club? He had on black."
         "No. Why? Was he cute?" Her eyes lit up and I shrugged, "Just wondering." He was cute. He was amazingly beautiful. Or in the words of Mindy: He's a hunk. He was, I need to know more about him. I need to see him. I didn't talk much the rest of the car ride, I just listened to Mindy gossip and complain as I nodded my head and pretended to listen.
         "Okay, let's go to "Chica's'," I said and Mindy agreed. I pulled into the parking lot and we got out of the car. I clicked the button on my keychain. Beep. My doors locked on my car. I guess it was sort of strange in a way that I always kept my doors locked at all times, even if I wasn't in the car, but I had to. Maybe I was just paranoid, but it was always better to lock your doors than not lock them. We walked into the restaurant.
         "Chica's" was a restaurant that seemed to be popular with the teens. It was a regular restaurant that served normal food. It was a nice size and had different "booths" of a table and wrap-around seats. Music played from the speakers in two corners of the room. As soon as Mindy and I walked in, many guys looked at us. I just smiled and looked away, Mindy waved to many. We walked to a table and I slid into the seats.
         "I'll go get us some food," Mindy said and I nodded. I pulled my cell out of my purse and opened it. The clock read 8:34 p.m., and I had a text message. John wanted to know where Mindy and I were, I told him "Chica's" and that we were leaving when we were done and for him to stop bugging me. He did get over-protected a lot and sometimes it irritated me. But at least he was doing it out of love. I closed my phone and Mindy came back to our table. "I got us some chicken and ribs. I was craving them. Oh, and some fries, is that okay?"
         "Yea, that's fine. I love chicken," I laughed and she rolled her eyes.
         "I know. You always eat chicken. That why I ordered some for you," Mindy laughed and I smiled. "So, see anyone interesting at the club? I got some really fine guy's number."
         "Well, not really, but I did see a beautiful guy in the room with the couches," I said and her eyes widened.
         "Wow! Did you get his number? Did you talk to him?"
         "No, he left too fast." Mindy's phone rang and she pulled it out of her pocket and flipped it open.
         "Hello," she asked and paused for a moment, "we are at "Chica's, John." Ugh, not him again. "Okay, chill out. I know it is a school night now go do something and leave us alone for one night. Gosh!" She closed her phone and set it on the table.
         "He's been texting me all night," I said and she rolled her eyes.
         "He is really bugging me." Her phone blinked and played a funky jingle. She grabbed it and flipped it open. Then, started texting. "It's that guy I said I got a number off of. I gave him mine too, I didn't expect him to text me that quick," Mindy said and focused her mind on texting. She didn't look up or speak for three minutes.
         "Number 21, your order is ready," the lady on the speaker said and I smacked the tabled with my hand to get Mindy's attention from texting. She didn't respond.
         "Mindy," I yelled and she looked up from her phone. "What?"
         "What's our number?"
         "Twenty-one," she said and I jumped up. I walked to the counter and got our tray of food and brought it back to the table. Mindy dove into her ribs and I ate my chicken and sipped my Pepsi.
         After we ate, we left and I drove Mindy home. It was around nine-thirty. I drove home and parked in my special spot in my driveway: next to my dad. I locked the doors and walked into the house. Mom was in the shower and my dad was already sleeping. I sat in my room on my computer until she got out and got my own shower. She told me goodnight and went into her room. When I was done in my shower, I changed into my pajamas and hung up the black top Mindy gave me. Then, I snatched up Coco and put her on my bed. I got snuggled in the blankets and went to sleep. I was exhausted.
© Copyright 2008 M (mariah2117 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1416371-After-Sunset-Chapter-1