*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1416775-A-Friday-Night-Affair
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1416775
Just another fun filled short story...not complete yet.
He sat in the passenger seat staring at the floor mat. His lips were in a pout and he was silent. He was never silent. Tonight, he had grabbed a case of beer from the bar, come outside, opened the door and got in without one single word.

"Is everything OK," I asked while starting the car.

Silence.

I began driving. He had already told me that he wanted to go home to his house tonight, which was unusual. He almost always came to my house on Friday nights. The radio, which was down low, and the sound of the motor running were the only sounds in the car. I glanced over and saw the lights from the stereo readout reflect on his cheek. I saw what looked like a tear stream down the side of his face.

"Bob? Are you OK?"

Still silence.

I reached over and caressed his knee.

"You know you can talk to me. I'm a good listener," I continued to prod.

"I just need a moment," he finally said.

The car came to a stop sign, I slowed. I heard him sniffle and I glanced over again. He was crying. I wondered what could possibly be wrong. I had never seen him get emotional before.

I continued to drive towards his house. "Are you sure you want to go home? You can stay at my house tonight."

"I need to be alone, and I have to be back at work early tomorrow. I just want to sleep," he replied.

We continued in silence. After the third of five stop lights, and about half way home, he started to talk.

"I can't stand that place anymore. She's a bitch. She doesn't listen. I was just doing it for her own good."

"What are you talking about?"

"Amy."

"The boss?" I asked, knowing full well who he was talking about and agreeing in my head that she was indeed a bitch.

"Yeah. I was just trying to tell her what I had seen the other night, and she called me a liar and threw a glass of beer at me. She told me I was just jealous."

Bob had worked at Leroy's Bar and Grille for two years. He had worked himself up to assistant manager, and pretty much ran the place most days. Amy and Leroy owned the place, and treated all of their staff pretty bad. On nights when Amy worked, Leroy would stay home with the kids, and vice versa. Leroy was a big flirt and was always making passes at the bar waitresses and female patrons. Bob had seen an incident recently that he felt Amy needed to know about, so he had told her about it tonight.

I wondered where I had been. I had seen Amy get upset at the DJ for defending her against someone who was making a pass at her, but I hadn't seen her get mad at Bob. She wasn't much of a boss when she was at the bar. She was more of a patron, drinking her share of drinks, and had been pretty trashed tonight.

"She thinks you're jealous? Of what?" I asked.

"Oh, she thinks that I want to run the bar or some shit like that. Or maybe she thinks I like her, I don't know. She's just a bitch. But, she shouldn't have thrown a glass at me. I think they are just waiting for me to quit."

I patted him on the shoulder as he again wiped tears from his eyes.

"I don't know why I'm so emotional, but she's never treated me like this before. I can't take this shit anymore. I work there every day. I come in when they need someone at the drop of a coin, and this is what I get?"

We had pulled up to his house by this point. There was something I really wanted to talk to him about, but I didn't know how to bring it up. Bob and I had known each other almost the entire time he had worked at Leroy's. I was a regular on Friday nights. It wasn't until about six months ago that I had told him that I liked him. It just came out one night when I had had a little too much to drink. Thankfully, he felt the same way about me. The only issue I was having was I felt I liked him more than he liked me. He never called during the week, and I only ever saw him on Friday at the bar. Tonight, I just wanted to find out whether this was going to go anywhere, or if I should quit while I was ahead.

"You know that place wouldn't run without you there," I said.

"Yeah, but I don't think they care. It just seems like they are pushing me more and more each week."

I continued to let him vent about Amy. He turned to look at me and grabbed my face. Softly, he kissed me on the lips.

"That's what I saw Leroy do to her," he said trying to explain what he was telling Amy about. "I don't know if there was anything going on or not, but I felt Amy needed to know. Then she threw a fucking beer at me. Now, she won't even talk to me."

His kiss sent chills down my spine. I knew I had fallen for him hard, and every kiss seemed to prove it. At the bar, he would usually kiss my forehead or give me a hug, always trying to be discreet. Either way, I felt like I was hit by lightning. He didn't treat any other girl that way. At least on Friday nights. That's what was bothering me. I had heard from the bouncer, Ed, that Bob was seeing someone else.

"I hate to do this to you, but can I ask you a question," I asked softly.

"Yeah, what?"

"Do you really like me, or is this just...I don't know," I stammered and looked down at my lap not wanting to see any expressions on his face.

He grabbed me and pulled me as close to him as he could without slipping the car out of gear. He began kissing my cheek, my neck and ear. His breath was warm against my skin.

"You're my lifeline away from that place," he whispered. "I live for Friday nights when I get to see you. I just wish...I could...see you more." He was kissing me between words.

That's all I needed to hear. I began to kiss him back, tasting the saltiness the tears had left behind. I ran my fingers through his soft brown hair. He brushed a wisp of hair away from my face and traced it down my back. Softly he rubbed my shoulders and worked his way down my back. His hands found the bottom of my shirt and worked their way back up underneath. His finger tips felt rough on my skin. He found my bra and undid the clasp freeing my breasts. His hands moved around to the front and began rubbing my now fully aroused nipples. I gasped in delight as he squeezed the tip of the right one hard and rolled it back and forth between his thumb and index fingers. My hands moved down his stomach to the bulge at the front of his tan work pants. I rubbed my hand over it and teased his neck with a fluttering of kisses. I tried to undo the zipper, but he pushed me away and whispered in my ear, "Not yet."

He reached behind him and opened the door. Before I knew what he was doing, he was out and on my side of the car and had opened my door. He scooped me up under my knees and butt and shut the door with his foot as he carried me to the front door of his apartment. Gently he set me down as he unlocked the door. He grabbed me by the hand and pulled me to him as he walked backward through the open door. Once inside, he picked me up again and quietly took me to his bedroom at the back of the apartment.

I had never been in his apartment before. The queen sized bed was soft under my weight. Several pillows cushioned my head and I could see a mirror directly across from the bed. Having already aroused me, I couldn't wait for more. I pulled him down on top of me, kicked off my shoes and kissed him hard all while working at his zipper. He worked at mine, and we both wiggled free of our confines...........

**********To Be Continued. I have to think of some new action verbs : )************
© Copyright 2008 Capricious (tigralouise at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1416775-A-Friday-Night-Affair