*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1416801-Darkness
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Dark · #1416801
A free-form prose piece about the darkness in ourselves
The darkness holds its own, knowing no boundaries. It feeds on the mood of so many who don't realize its power, intertwined with fear and regret. Those who come to terms with the darkness have their souls lost to this monstrosity of a black hole. Those who mock it can find no relief, as if they've known no rest. When the damage is done, the darkness turns its head away and takes pride in the destruction that all too many have known.
        The darkness moans its way through time, casting out the light in hopes of finding pleasure. Its pleasure runs deep like a warrior's wound, drinking the blood and tasting the pain.
        Darkness knows no fear or happiness, only pride and selfishness. It sings the song of Death and the emptiness afterwards. It creates scenarios and plays them out in the disturbed minds of the youth, feeding on sadness and lonliness. It wanders through the fields of long forgotten gods, worshipping their idols. It then wanders through Hell with lost souls, teasing them with redemption and freedom. Never lost and always found, it rapes the world of its happiness and joy, and spits on the remains.
        The darkness speaks an evil slurr of words that can't help but be understood, making themselves clear. It speaks lost languages, reads unwritten books, and walks the unpaved roads in our mind and soul.
        We can never escape it, for it's in us all. Once we look hard enough to see our darkest side, within it we find our light and can finally cast out our demons.
© Copyright 2008 Milana Bliss (readwritelive at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1416801-Darkness