*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1417477-Luminated-by-Luminosity
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Teen · #1417477
When Neville goes or Hermione; Hermione for Harry.
CHAPTER 1:


As Hermione made her way inside a train compartment, she wondered if it was true; was Harry Potter - yes, The Harry Potter - seated inside it?

Over the summer, as Hermione Granger had gone shopping with Rubeus Hagrid in Diagon Alley, and had bought her school books, Hagrid had thoroughly explained all that he knew about magic and wizards to her, and Harry Potter was a very interesting topic they had been discussing. Hagrid had also told her, that he was assigned to go and fetch Harry Potter, for he was also to be enrolled in Hogwarts, the following year, too.

Hermione was so anxious to find out anything and everything about this strange, newfound world, that she had memorized all her course books by heart and had bought extra books {involving Harry Potter} for light, background reading.

And now, as she stood in the doorway of the train compartment, she thought if she was doing the right thing - should she go in, or should she wait till they reached there?

Suddenly, a trembling and tearful boy scampered out of the same cubicle, which she was guarding. She looked surprisingly at him, yet, the boy seemed to be in a hurry, and, had failed to see Hermione.
‘Could this be the famous wizard who every one is talking about?' thought Hermione to herself. ‘Could this boy be -HARRY POTTER???'

Reluctant, she asked the boy in a gentle tone, "umm...pardon me- but do you need any help?? Is there a problem??"

The boy, at first, looked startled at this ominous person asking him if he had a problem, in the middle of a train. Then, he gulped, and said, "Um - yes, actually, my - uh, my toad got lost, and I was trying to find it, and..." his voice trailed off, hard to understand, but Hermione kept nodding, as she could interpret anything. "Umm...what's your name, if I may ask?"

"Neville Longbottom." Was his reply, and she knew that she'd be stuck with this nervous-wreck, for more than seven years. "And yours?"
"Uh - Hermione Granger, um, listen I have to be going...I have to...Harry Potter..." she mumbled absent-mindedly, and turned around, when -

"Oh! I know where he is! The boy who has a scar on his forehead, under his fringe, right? Yeah, he's inside this compartment, with a red-headed person." Burst Neville, almost as if to keep their conversation going for as long as fate hoped.

"Really? You don't say..."

"Yeah, I just was talking to him!"

"Yes, well, thank you..." and she was about to enter the compartment when a thought struck her. ‘What was she to do once inside? The topic of conversation would be what?' Then, a bulb lit inside her head, "Hey, Nathan, would you like me to - uh - help you find your toad?"

"Sure!" Neville said happily, his face brightening. "But - uh - it's not 'Nathan'," Neville said, trying to keep the dripping sarcasm out of his voice while he said 'Nathan'. "It is 'Neville' - niy-veel."

"I see; Niy-veel; Neville." Hermione repeated to correct his name (Hermione: "With alarming patience, I might add!")

"Ok, let's start the search all over again, shall we?"

Neville nodded, too happy to utter a single word. He, suddenly, was a blurry red. He was blushing!

Hermione was too excited, of course, to notice. She slid the door open, and there he was, and his scar.J


                                                ›Í*{*ԝ


Oh, she was just too perfect.

Nice.

Generous.

Smart.

Pretty.

The burning candle inside my melting heart, of the deep blue sunset in the night sky, with twinkling flowers all around the mansion.

Yes, that was the way he felt for her. Senseless Love, it was called. Senseless.

‘I acted as though I was an idiot in front of her. She probably was annoyed to be finding my toad, while she could be talking away, with Harry Potter...the filthy-' he stopped himself in time, and blushed brightly. He hoped she wouldn't have noticed. ‘I was practically boiling mad by the time she asked Harry Potter and some redheaded freak by the name of Ron Weasley about my toad, Trevor. We went inside, I after her, and the moment she saw Harry Potter, her face illuminated as bright as a twinkling candle on a pumpkin star light bright mine-oh, there I go again! Blubbering senselessly!!!'

The freak had his wand out, and she said, "You're going to do magic are you? Well, let's see."

The freak seemed a tad bit annoyed at this and I couldn't help smirking.

But, of course, I knew the real reason for her asking that. She was just waiting...trying hopelessly to stay and keep up a conversation with him. Harry Priceless Potter. Sickening. OH WAIT! Harry Potter's sickening, not Hermione-poo...

                                                ›---xoxox---
© Copyright 2008 Coco786 (coco786 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1417477-Luminated-by-Luminosity