*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1417809-Dream-Visit
by NanaJo
Rated: E · Other · Children's · #1417809
A story about my grandchildren, for my grandchildren.
Page 1:
"Ring, Ring!!"
"The princess phone is ringing!"
Little Lil propping up in bed, is sleepily holding toy princess cell phone to her ear.
She answers quietly so she won't wake her sleeping parents, the Prince and Princess of Duck Land and her little sister, Babe.

Page 2.
Cousin, Kitty, curly haired red-head has her toy cell phone to her ear.
"Lil," says her cousin, Kitty, of Redland. "Our cousins, Tank, Red, and Dilly in Less Veggies are so home-sick and lonely for us! Get all the younger Princes and Princesses together so we can go for them!"
Kitty added:
"And don't let the adult Princes and Princesses find out! They will stop us, but we can do it!"

Page 3.
The excitement of her cousin was catching and Lil said, "Great, Kitty, you bring Sport and Blondie and meet us under the old tree in your yard where we all play. I'll bring Buzzie, but Babe is too little to keep up with us. Are Jack and Sky on the way from Southland?"

"Yes." Said Kitty.

Throwing off covers, Lil is more excited and awake. "Great!" she said.

Page 4.
Nine children gathered under a huge tree are putting change together.
"Not enough for a cab!"

Page 5.
A plane goes over in the sky above them, mile marker on road with "Less Veggies, 1,106 miles".
"Can't afford a plane."
The road disappears into distance - "Too far to walk."
This road has a bridge going over a big river which is flowing under it.
"Swim?" they ask one another. Answer: "Too far!"

Page 6.
One child is in the tree, perched on a branch, with funny wings on his arms. Make wings and fly?

Page 7.
The child has landed on ground and is nursing a skinned knee. Broken wings lay nearby.
"That didn't work."

Page 8.
"Could we ride a duck?" they ask, as they notice a flock flying overhead.
A horrified duck answers them. "Quack - NO!"

Page 9.
"Balloons might work to get us up and away! How many?"
The children tie balloons together. They are all holding them but still on the ground.

"That didn't work. They wouldn't pick everyone up!"

Page 10.
The sad children are looking at a beautiful sunset, just beginning. "Day is over - what can be done?"

Page 11.
They watch as evening clouds gather. They are reaching up but can't touch them.
"The clouds are gathering...could we ride them?"

Page 12.
They are still outside, looking up at the night sky with a sliver of a moon and stars.
Children, "We can't reach the clouds and now its dark!"

Page 13.
Lil is in her bed, sleepily rubbing her eyes. Something woke her, just like this morning.
She hears, "Lil, Lil!" 

"I'm in my bed." She thinks. "It was all a dream. But...I hear their voices!"

Page 14.
"Here we are!" As she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and looked up, she saw....her cousins from Less Veggies!

Page 15.
Lil slid to the side of her bed with her arms out to her cousins and her aunt holding the new baby.
She exclaimed, "I was dreaming of you!"
"And now you're really here!"

Page 16.
Her aunt and cousins were all smiling and happy to see her joy!

"Yes, Lil, we have been planning to come for your birthday and kept it as a surprise!"

Page 17.
Lil, smiling, "I woke up from my dream, and found it wasn't real,"
"I like real so much better!"
© Copyright 2008 NanaJo (joellen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1417809-Dream-Visit