*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1417882-Buddha-in-our-Daily-life
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Experience · #1417882
How The Buddha effected changes in my life dealing with loss of direction
The Lotus lingered tremulous ,delicate on his relaxed languid hand, while he addressed the congregation. the wisdom flowed out in gentle dulcet tones and settled like imperceptible dewdrops in the consciouness of his devotees. Enraptured and engrossed thier faces turned to the sun, as if to capture every precious word and lock it away in the confines of their hearts...

Within moments The Compassionate One rose and dropped the lotus which seemed to float away on a cushion of air and settled softly on the grass.The Buddha then strode away with the bearings of one in power as one who was totally in command of his Kingdom.

Only one person in the entire congregation comprehended the sublime truth just exposed to the world.That each moment is as rare and precious as that Lotus,to be cherished and treasured, painted on that indelible canvas of the mind to recall at any moment the color and beauty of life itself a carefree burgeoning of color and a promise of Hope.

Buddhism is a multi cultural philosophy more than a religion...and I do not adhere to the precepts of organized religion--too much theory or too much ritual.
For the longest time I struggled with the questions about deiities and the almighty being in control of your life or that prayer is way to entreat a loving God to bestow the dsires of your heart! Buddhism is the only philosophy that activates a shift in perspective and give you direction and when the difference is wrought in one person there is possibility to work changes in an entire global society where the intrinsic value is  peace and harmony. 


© Copyright 2008 chitrapanicker (chitrapanicker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1417882-Buddha-in-our-Daily-life