*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1418999-Free-of-charge
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Prose · Nature · #1418999
serenity/peace/outdoors/growth
I find peace in trails less traveled. Or more so, in pathways not yet made but know only by instinct. As is north to a compass. I seek Foot onto virgin forested ground. Still is the air and in a birds call I am at home.

A mountain stands as a symbol of freedom to me. Freedom from the confines of the cages known as cities. Air into frost and frost into water. Water onto seed and seed into life.

I find comfort in the silence of the empty spaces between neither here nor there. To have nowhere to be and no one to answer to or to even care.

If I had wings I would fly to the moon. But instead, I climb to heights once unimaginable. Perched high above the desert floor. Looking down only to see just how far I have come. Looking up to find that I have still yet more to learn.

In man you will find control and judgment. Betrayal and sin. But in nature you will find unconditional freedom for yourself and in yourself. You will learn something about yourself and like the seed, you will grow.
© Copyright 2008 Mr.Lopez (mr.lopez at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1418999-Free-of-charge