*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1419773-Some-story-ch-4
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1419773
another stort chapter.
As the party continued all the most important guests slowly trickled up to the table and introduced themselves.
         Hansel found them disgusting. They come and smiled and congratulated him, praised him, and invited him to various places at various times and then left giggling to each other about stupid trivial things. The same peoples who would not have given the time of day before.
         Not everyone's behavior changed though. Some of the more proud nobles or the ones that had stood to gain from Tomby's inauguration glared at him from various spots in the room, if they had come at all.
         Hansel started to feel sick.
         "Are you alright?" Elka asked worriedly, "You look pale."
         Hansel smiled, "I'm fine." Maybe Elka was right before, he should go dancing, it would help lighten his mood. And several of the prettier nobles had asked him.
         He smiled again and stood up "I think I'll dance-" He grabbed the chair as his head suddenly began to swim. Confused he looked at Elka, he was blurry with great contrasts of black and white. Hansel shook his head and tried to say something but it came out as gibberish. He heard Elka get up and grab him but his eyes were bright lights and drowned out all other colors. He heard people yelling.
         His head was screaming.


When he woke up he was in his new bedchamber. He felt something wet on his forehead and moaned trying to speak.
         "Zinar you should rest." He heard Elka's voice and opened his eyes.
         Elka was sitting calmly by the side of the bed and a girl in plain clothes was wiping his face with a wet cloth.
         Elka sighed starting at him.
         "You really should rest. You were poisoned."
         Hansel stared at him. It wasn't really a surprise, he could name ten people off the top of his head that would be happy to do so, and who knows how many others there were.
         "We don't know how though. I had all your food tested and your wine." Elka looked troubled and shook his head. After a moment he smiled and looked back at Hansel.
         "I told everyone that you mustn't be troubled."
         Hansel smiled gratefully and felt his eyes start to get heavy again.
         "Marcus wants to visit you though, should I let him in?"
         Hansel forced his eyes open and worked for a moment to unglue his tougue from the roof of his mouth.
         "Yeth, In- Yes, I'd love to see him, but I am so tired now. When I wake up." He mumbled a little and was alseep within moments.
© Copyright 2008 Humpty Dumpty (mocturtle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1419773-Some-story-ch-4