*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1420254-Who-knows-the-time-when-there-is-none
Rated: E · Draft · Other · #1420254
Just a quick start on some writing. Seriously
No, I don't need any spice, thanks.

On a day when men are smaller than the mice they walk next to, there are no rules for how you should tread. This applies whenever it is most obvious to others staring, and lacking in speech. Why should another find it wrong to justify a low place in a level plane of thought? There are some words that can double as new meanings, and once one can identify these as assets to others, it becomes easier to move about in another's thoughts. When one prisoner was asked, "How was it you found yourself in this place?" he replied,
  "I couldn't find myself anywhere else. It's because of my actions and my own personal beliefs that someone like myself has been put behind this steel, this concrete. A man truly knows how to become humble when his life is put before him, his hopes and dreams are taken away and he is told to get on his knees."
When then asked, "What keeps you going day in and day out?" he replies,
  "There is one thing and one thing only. It was taught to me at a young age, and still resounds with me today. The thought of God, and the thought of eternal glory. What else can one with such low expectations on this earth hope for besides so a glorious fate? Some of my brothers around me know not to even tread upon the path that I have chosen, because of the turmoil that follows in their wake. It's not the fault of man, or even the fruit of the garden that most are so envious of. Even if it was as such, no one would ever believe that it even existed it if had not been told of in the first place."
This was followed by a third, and final question. A question which took a few days for the man to answer because he was so emotional about it. When asked, "Do you know what day it is? Or even the time?" he finally replied,
  "Sir, when you gaze into these eyes, and when you look upon my frail and desperate state, I hope that you ask that question in jest. Not only do I know not what the day, month or even hour is, I do not even know my true name anymore. When you find a man stripped of all his possessions, and all that is left to keep him together is his soul, another object is put into place. It's almost as if one is set into one's frame. This is not only the most humbling experience, it is the most terrifying. When you truly want to be free, and you truly want to understand that which has been promised to you, and set apart for yourself, you then will know how far you can go until you can accept your impending death. I might not know anything anymore, but I do now know peace. I do know peace."
© Copyright 2008 Otto Karl (ottokcaesar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1420254-Who-knows-the-time-when-there-is-none