*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1420455-ATV-Journey
Rated: · Non-fiction · Family · #1420455
This a great little story about my family and our ATV trip that we took.
ATV Journey
written by Desiree Cummings
After the hour drive up the mountain we finally reached our destination. My parents, grandparents, husband and I unloaded the four wheelers. We checked to make sure that all six four wheelers had gas and that we had water and food to snack on. Then we were on our way to where we did not know. At least once a year my family goes for a four wheeling trip up by Rob Roy, Wyoming. My Dad saw a road off of the main road and we took it. The road was very bumpy and was covered with puddles. As we were going down this big hill I saw what was up ahead. A river about a 500 feet across, my parents and grandparents went through nice and easy. As for my husband and I we gunned across the river water everywhere, when we got out of the river we looked at each other and laughed, we were soaked.
As we went up a little further we saw these cabins that have been there since 1900's, we stop and took pictures. Then we were off again we were riding along when all of sudden my Dad stop and looked back at us with his finger over his lips and pointed in the clearing. There was three moose and baby moose eating. We watched for a little while and then we were off. We rode for about another thirty minutes and then we hit a clearing. We stopped and looked around and all we could see is mountains. Some still had snow at the top and others where covered with green trees and flowers. There was no noise, just the sound of peace, it gave me goose bumps. We ate lunch and then we were off back to the camp site. We decided to take a different route and see where it would take us. This trail was more in the tree then the other trail. Along the way we saw ponds with lily pads. As we were riding back, all I go smell was pine and freshness. When we got back to the campsite we set up camp and built a fire. We all were sitting by the fire and telling stories. I looked at my family and I knew that I would never forget this day or this moment. Family is very important to me and these times that I know just how lucky I am.



© Copyright 2008 DCummings (dcummings at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1420455-ATV-Journey