*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1420528-A-Bunnys-Tale
by baluka
Rated: ASR · Other · Animal · #1420528
In the forest there is much commotion. All when a bunny decides to eat near a wolf
It was a warm and sunny day in the forest. A little white bunny hoped out of it's hole, toward a nearby river. The bunny caustiously looked around and sniffed making sure no predators or hunters were around. It made sure to make as little noise as possible as it moved so as not to alert anything nearby that would think of it as a mid-day snack. Once at the river, it looked around one last time before closing it's eyes and cranning it's head down, drinking the cool crisp water.

It felt good to quench it's thirst after after a long morning of digging it's ever growing home. Once it was done drinking, it hoped towards a few flowers in the grass, seeing them as alittle snack to munch on. It ate a few and nibbled abit of grass then began grooming it's ears. In a nearby bush, a wolf watched the little creature's every move, watching, and waiting for it's chance to strike the unsuspecting morsal. Slowly, the wolf crept closer and closer to it's prey.

Trying to be as quiet so as not to arousal it and alert it from it's few final moments of peaceful life. The wolf crounched down on it's legs ready to spring on the defenseless creature. But the wolf's tail accidently brushed the ground as it moved, making the bunny's ears twitch with the sound and become alert of it's surroundings. Now both the bunny and wolf were ready to spring at a moment's notice.

The wolf watched the bunny, trying to be as quiet as possible to make the bunny let down it's guard once more. It didn't work to well though. The bunny was as alert as it could be, looking around panically trying to hear something. Suddenly a crow called from somewhere and the bunny was off toward it's hole. The wolf lept out of the bushes and stood in front of the hole. Making it stop and run the opposite direction into the bushes.

The wolf gave chase right on the bunny's tail toward it's other 2 pack members. They all lept out from their hiding places and cornered the poor creature in front of a tree. Bearing their teeth to frighten it more against the tree. While they drooled over the morsals plump little body. They hadn't eaten something in a few days and it would surely give them something to snack on so they could have the energy to go for bigger and better prey.

One growled abit at the bunny, making it's body unconciously go more against the tree, trapping it completly. A rustle was heard suddenly from the bushes, and one of the wolves went over to it to investigate it. While the others stayed by the bunny not willing to give up the tiny morsal for anything. The wolf sniffed at the bush before growling abit at it. There was deffinatly something in there hidding.

A tiny growl was heard back from the bush after the wolf growled. The wolf tilted it's head, slightly confused, then growled again at the bush. A tiny growl was heard followed by a little bark this time. The wolf sniffed again and put it's muzzle into the bush sniffing inside it abit. It yelped and quickly pulled back it's nose. Some blood dropped out of a bite mark. Something moved in a bush by a tree this time.

The wolf with the bite mark watched the bush it was at while another wolf looked into the bush. It sniffed at the bush, putting it's muzzle into it and yelped like the last wolf pulling it's head from the bush and growled. The wolf bitten before turned around to look at the newly bitten wolf. Very very confused now as to what was doing this. It's tail hit against the bush abit and it howled when something bit it's tail.

The wolf quickly turned around the bite what was on it's tail but ended up bitting it's tail. To blinded form anger to have noticed until the last second, to late to do anything. It licked it's poor tail and looked at the bush. Whatever was in there was making them thuroghly confused. Even the bunny looked around with some confusin to it's face.

Another rustle was heard in the bushes but by the tree followed by another rustle in the other bush. A little baby fox fell out of the bush by the tree. A wolf tilted it's head, picking it up by the scruff with it's fangs and it did a tiny grow squriming. The wolf dropped it next to the bunny making sure it was trapped in front of the tree like the bunny. The baby fox growled at the wolves going in front of the bunny. It made the wolves only tilt their heads and if they could, they'd probably arch a brow.

The other wolf walked to the tree, making sure that both the bunny and fox were securely trapped. The little fox barked at them growling more. One wolf was about the strike the bunny but the fox jumped in the way bitting the wolf's ear and just hanging from it, making the wolf wimper and toss the fox off. The fox hit the tree abit, but wasn't hurt surprizingly from the hit. The wolf now had a wound on it's ear that was bleeding and it leapt at the baby. As well as another wolf.

A rustle was heard again in the other bush and out jumped a male fox. It jumped in front of it's baby just as the wolves were about to attack it's baby and bit one of their necks cutting it the throat and growling. The wolf choaked from the lack of air and pain now. The fox was shook to the ground and a wolf was about to attack it when another fox jumped out and jumped onto it's back and bitting into the wolf's head.

The wolf shook the fox off it's head in front of the bushes. It ran into them, making the wolf chase after it from rage and hunger for it's small suckulant body. The wolves were tired of all the interuptions to their meal. Instead of a bunny they might as well have a few foxes to. The fox on the ground quickly got up and jumped onto the other wolf near it's baby then bit into it's ear tugging on it. The wolf growled, howling and tossed the fox off, making it squeak in surprize.

The wolf growled at it's new prey on the ground, trying to frighten it so much that it'd be paralyzed. The fox squrried backwards on the ground, trying to lead at least one of the wolf's away from it's baby. It barked and growled at the wolf's as it backed up. The fox wasnt about to become a meal and leave it's baby helpless to them once it was finished off. It jumped up into the wolf's neck, bitting into it to anger it. The it quickly let go before it was tossed again and ran, followed by the wolf.

Now there was just one wolf guarding the rabbit, and it had been so distracted by all the comotion that the rabbit ran. Seeing it's mistake, the wolf quickly ran after it's meal, following it deeper into the forest. The bunny ran through bushes and thick grass all around, trying to lose the wolf behind it. It was hot on the bunny's tail though, following it no matter where it went and it was catching up fast.

Meanwhile, the baby fox tilted it's head, looking around. It was left all alone now. All the commotion left it completely confused as to what was going on. It barked, hopping it's mother or father would hear it and come back, but no one did. It felt all alone and scared, until it heard something move in the bushes. It's ears went down all the way and it sniffed abit, trying to be cautious as it was taught. More rustling was heard moving down the bush. Something suddenly squeaked, making the baby fox tilt it's head abit, sniffing more. It squeaked louder, making the baby fox walk more towards the bush, sniffing.

It stepped back abit, and barked, growling at the bush. Then all of a sudden, a little mouse jumped out. The fox growled at it in a playful manner and crouched down on it's legs. And with a little shake off it's tail, it lept at the mouse. The tiny mouse of course felt very threatened and ran. The fox only tilted it's head then chased it into the forest. In the shadows something watched it with growling eyes and followed the fox. Back with the bunny, things were getting hectic. The wolf, still hot on it's trail, made a bite for one of the bunny's legs, and missed by a few inches.

It made the bunny panic, running faster and faster doubling back on a few scents then ran through some bushes. The wolf stopped, looking around, having not seen where it's meal went. The wolf was getting very hungry now from all the energy it burned chasing it's "easy meal." It sniffed the air, but bunny scents were all over the place, on everything. The bunny though had taken refuge under the root of a nearby tree, panting heavily. It could hear the wolf close by and backed into the tree slightly, trying to hide itself from being lunch.

The bunny crouched it's body down low to the ground, trying to conceal itself as much as possible to avoid being eaten alive. The wolf began to get closer, still sniffing the air abit. The poor little creature shivered as the wolf neared even more to it's hiding place. But surprisingly the wolf neared even more to it's hiding place. But surprisingly the wolf ran past. Probably finding another victim to eat. Or just found some other scent that seemed to be much more tastier. Either way, the bunny didn't know, or care for that matter.

Caustiouslt it peaked it's head out and around just to make sure it was safe. It sniffed the air abit before hopping out from under the tree and looking around. Somewhere close by, the baby fox was slowly coming towards it's "prey". And with a slight swish of it's fat orange tail, it leaped on the mouse, catching it. The mouse squeaked as the fox squished it beneath it's paw. The big, fluffy orange tail swished around playfully as it growled and barked, toying with the little mouse.

Still in the shadows, something was watching to catch the little foxy. It's yellow eyes glowed with a fierce desire to kill and eat the plump little body. Baby foxes always were much fatter then the adults so they had much more meat on them. The creature drooled abit and crept closer to it's soon-to-be dinner. A twig suddenly broke beneath it's paw, making the fox look around abit. the creature stopped moving and stayed where it was, still unseen thanks to the camouflage. The fox just took it as a bird or something and went back to playing.

Meanwhile, the adult foxes were running for their lives. They doubled back on a few scents, and sure enough the wolves were confused as to where to go. The foxes though, had run away, down an abandoned bunny burrow. Where they knew they'd be safe for sure. They quickly scurried through the tunnels until they saw an opening. Then the male fox peaked his head out and looked around abit, before jumping out and running with his mate.

The wolves eventually gave up their search. Abit to tired from running with lack of energy to do anything else. They went back to the tree they once had the bunny trapped. The other wolf, however had long since passed the tree, following the scent of the baby fox. It may had given up on the bunny but the little fox was still pretty good hope for a meal. Quietly it began to sneak up on the tiny baby from the bushes. In the shadows the hidden creature was doing the same exact thing. Both wanted a meal and one had to get there first.

The little fox was still playing with the mouse, completly unaware of the danger. It just continued to grow playfully and swish it's fat orange tail around. Both predators sprung and a loud squeak was heard. It sounded like what a dog does when it get's wounded suddenly. The adult foxes looked up and around, sniffing. Then began to run towards the sound, hoping it wasn't there baby that had just been attacked and killed.

The bunny crept along, sniffing for any wolves or other predators. As well as listening around it's surroundings to. It had heard an animal squeak somewhere. It's ears had perked up at it abit, but it was much to busy fending for it's own life to worry about it. It was how life was in the forest. Creatures were born and died everyday in many ways.

The wolves payed almost no mind to the squeak they heard. They basically didn't care about what other predators had killed, since they were so weak from lack of energy. The only thing they could possibly get would be some kind of rodent. A few mice suddenly came out the the bushes and looked around. Both wolve's ears perked up and they charged at the rodents, snapping at the with their teeth everywhere they ran.

The foxes hurringly ran faster and faster to where they last saw their baby. Only to stop and sneak around the wolves. The wolves had just caught a few mice minutes ago and were looking for more. While, the foxes followed the scent of the baby and footprints along through the forest. the further they got, the much stronger the smell of blood got. The scene was pretty turned around almost you could say. The foxes made a look as if saying 'how the hell?'

The foxes just stared at the scene before them. Wasn't exactly the thing they were expecting to see when they got there. Their baby was just fine, but the wolf wasn't so lucky. A linx was tearing and ripping away at the now dead wolf's flesh. Wolf's normanly could take down a linx, but with it's energy almost completly gone, it was to weak to fight for itself. The baby fox quickly ran to it's mother, whimpering abit. The poor baby was shivering from what must have been shock.

The mother nuzzled her muzzle on the baby to comfort it. It did seem to calm it down somewhat. Then the foxes took one last glance at the scene before begining to scurry off to their den. It had been a long eventful day for them. And they were very much exhuasted by now. Quickly they all ran to where their burrow was, and, once they spotted it and went into it and laid down. Finally they were safe once more. With all the excitement they didn't get to hunt for their daily food. The baby fox gave a tiny yawn before closing it's eyes and falling asleep next to it's mother.

Meanwhile, the bunny was hopping to it's burrow also. It was nearing sunset. The bunny hopped caustiously to the river, looking around. Once it was sure it was safe, it dipped it's head down to the water, and began drinking the very cool water. It took a very long drink then looked up, slowly around. No way it was letting it's gaurd down. The bunny sniffed the air for abit and listened very carefully. It seemed safe, so it ate abit of grass. It hopped quickly to the burrow, took one last look around, then practically dived into the hole. Seeming to be happy it was safe and alive to live another day.
© Copyright 2008 baluka (baluka at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1420528-A-Bunnys-Tale