*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1420866-Marilyns-Retreat
by Rachel
Rated: E · Other · Environment · #1420866
A Beautiful piece of property,100 acres, is called "Marilyn's Retreat" among friends.
At Marilyn's house, better called "Marilyn's Retreat," a pond's waterfall churns as cold water pours down into the swirling waters. Frogs rest on hard, grainy rocks, and they ribbit as they jump from lily pad to lily pad. Fish swim and dip through the flowing water.
The bench I sit on creaks as it slowly rocks back and forth. As I quietly read, the only sounds I hear are the rippling of the waterfall and the rustle of the trees' leaves as the wind gently blows.
A dog runs through a rainbow of beautiful flowers, hand planted. A gray, fat cat's yellow eyes gleam as she watches me from her hiding spot. The delicious aroma of dinner drifts through the door, followed by faint calls of "Dinner!" as the sun dips below the horizon.
As I walk on the moss-covered path through the forest, birds chirp and flowers gently sway back and forth. A dog jumps out in front of me, and follows me to the door, and whines to come in as I step up into the house.
As I walk upstairs, cozy and inviting rooms present a beautiful view of the seeming endless grove of trees. The inviting smell of dinner beckons me to go downstairs. I see the cat, stealthily walk across the kitchen. She stares at me with gleaming eyes, then goes down to her realm -- The Cellar.
After experiencing "Marilyn's Retreat," I have a renewed assurance of God's amazing and colorful creation. I wholeheartedly agree with King David that "the heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known" (Ps 19:12; NLT, 2nd edition, 2004). Praise God the King of Kings for His wondrous creation.
© Copyright 2008 Rachel (sarah22299 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1420866-Marilyns-Retreat