*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1421282-Higher-Power-Playthings
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Tomas
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1421282
Possible start to a story I have wanted to write for a while. Thanks.
Well, this is unfortunate.  I can't say I've been in this sort of bind before. I can't really say I'll be breathing in a couple of minutes either. Stupid Clarence, why did he have to come here and why did he have to get me to come along with him? How could we ever think this was a good idea in the first place? Werewolves? Why would we want to chase down and try to capture a werewolf? Its insane! Sometimes I think I put a little bit too much faith in Clarence's plans and strategies. Okay so this is my current dilemma. I am stuck in an abandoned house on the second storey with my back up against the door stopping a fairly pissed off werewolf from getting in while my stupid brother Clarence tries to jimmy open the lock on the window so we can get out of here. The thumping from the other side of the door is deafening and the sound of cracking and splintering wood isn't exactly a comforting lullaby either. This isn't going to end well I know it. Its taking all my strength and weight to slow this thing down and Clarence doesn't seem to be making any progress on the window lock. Who has key lock windows anyway? Isn't that just a bit too much security? Finally Clarence steps back from the window, he didn't manage to open it. I know he's thinking of another way out of here, but he's thinking got us into this and it won't get us out of it. I take one last deep breath and signal him to move out of the way. I put my left foot up against the door and spring into a charge towards the window,  I snatch up a quilt from the nearby bed and thrust it out in front of me hoping that it will prevent the glass from shattering into my face and body. It was thick glass, but it shattered as I had hoped. I was not nearly a foot out of the window when I hear the door finally give way to the beast with an almighty smash. I landed badly on the soft lumpy grass, far too close to the wrought iron, spiked fence to my liking. I snap my head up to look up at the window waiting to see my brother perform a similar act. I wait. Sweat beads down my forehead and off my chin. Screams, all I hear are my brothers screams for all of two seconds before the tear of clothing and flesh in symphony with the roars of the creature. If I were closer I probably would have heard the blood spraying across the walls too.
‘How can this be?' I think to myself ‘My brother? Dead?'
I sit up on the partially shredded quilt. I begin to sink my hands into my face to let out sobs but something manages to catch my attention. The quilt wasn't wet when I grabbed it from the bed. I look down. I'm covered in thick, red blood. I look myself over to discover the quilt didn't do as good a job as I had hoped. Both my wrists were sliced quite deeply, I realised I had little dexterity in them now due to the tendons along with the arteries being severed, it was only the bone keeping my hands from falling off. I started to feel disorientated, whether it was from the sight of such blood or the fact that such an amount of blood had left my body I do not know. The werewolf would probably leap out of the window any moment and finish me off. My poor brother. Poor me, it will soon be my fate too. Best my luck could be is I lose consciousness before the werewolf gets to me. Less pain. I slump onto my back staring up at the open window waiting. I didn't even feel the shard of glass slip into my back. It didn't matter. Nothing was going to remedy my wounds.
‘Hurry up dammit' I say aloud.  ‘Hurry up and finish me already!'
Nothing, it didn't even poke its head out of the window to check for me. My head rolls to the left. My vision was really starting to go blurry. Something in my sight startled me. A Figure. Walking towards me. They are wearing a strange disguise, or costume. I can‘t tell. They walk right up to me and I look up at their face. I see a mask. A Jester's mask. They seem to be a Jester, but this Jester looked sinister. They wore no bells, they were silent. It's costumes colours were a deep murky yellow and a red-wine maroon. The mask was summed up by its sunken eyes and twisting grin. Who was this? What were they going to do to me? I see the figure smoothly retrieve an arrow from its clothing. It crouched down and with an unnatural strength plunged it into my chest. I yelped with pain before my vision went black.
© Copyright 2008 Tomas (luddite at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1421282-Higher-Power-Playthings