*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1421668-Returning-to-Reign
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1421668
A girl with enourmeous magical powers chosing between good and bad. ( very short)
"Don't touch me!" She yelled "Stop it!" A group of street kids had grabbed her from behind and where pulling into an alley.

"What are you going to do?" the largest one laughed with a sneer, "Use your magic? O that's right, you can't! You're not allowed" With this all the boys began laughing and pushed against the wall and held her there. Fighting with all her strength, she could not loosen the boys grip on her.

"Stop it!"

"Make me" the boy said right into her face, and then slapped her. Her head snapped to the side and she fell silent and still.

"I told you I could tame her!" The boys all began laughing and let her fall to the ground. The one who had been talking to her leaned down and whispered in her ear, "Welcome to my world, my pet."

"I am no ones." She said in all seriousness, quiet and disturbing. Turning her head to look into the boys eyes she whispered back at him, "No one can tame me."
Staring into her eyes the boy saw a power and will that would not, would not break. In his eyes, she saw confidence and cockiness melt away, replaced by a fear that was bone freezing.

In her mind, she felt her magic swelling to incredible heights of power, rising by the strength of her emotions. Doing what she had always dreamed of, but never daring, she reached for her powers. Grabbing hold she pulled them forth, all of them.  Feeling the sudden rush of power around her, the boys all stopped and stared at her. They could tell she had been pushed to far this time.

Then she felt the block. The mage had put this in her mind to keep her powers under control because for her, there was no impossible and no control; and that was too dangerous to have running free, according to him. But the only way to control it was to block all of it. Pulling with all her will, she felt the block sway and bend. Cracks and fissure began to spread across the break allowing wisps of magic to flow out of her mind. It felt wonderful! She hadn't felt her magic free in years. The rush of power within her and the ability to do anything again filled her to the brim. That feeling awoke another one, one of rage and anger, frustration and need.
Why would anyone want to block this power? Because they fear it.

         Laughing she broke through the barrier and let her power explode in a wave that shook the very cores of the boys, and the people around for miles.
"You never should mess with someone a lot stronger then you." Rising she brought up her hand and with less effort then she used to stand she picked up the boys and threw them against the brick wall of the alley. Laughing she walked back out into the sunlight, and for miles around everyone knew she had returned to her reign.
© Copyright 2008 Jessica (jesstharina at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1421668-Returning-to-Reign