*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1421801-Flight-of-the-Pheonix---Ch-1
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fanfiction · #1421801
HP after book 5) a new girl enters the school and the lives of the students start to spin
Beginnings (I am putting all of the chapters up individually)

Applause filled the great hall as the Sorting hat announced the last first year as a Ravenclaw. Pheona Grace watched the peculiar scene ( at least peculiar to one who would never imagine a hat doing such a thing) from her place at a side entrance into the hall. The headmaster continued on to his annual welcome announcements, but just as everyone picked up their forks to dig in to a feast, Dumbledore declared that he had one more announcement. Groans filled the room.

"Now, now students, that is no way to invite someone new to our school, now is it?" At this comment ears perked up. "This usually doesn't happen, but due to unique circumstances we are pleased to welcome a new student to our sixth year class."

Harry Potter turned and looked at his friends, Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger. "We have a new student?" Harry asked.

"Well is seems so. This is rather curious. Not once in the history of Hogwarts has a student been allowed to enter later then first year." Hermione answered.

"Thank you Miss Hogwarts a History" Ron mumbled. Hermione ignored him. "But this is exciting, a new classmate. I wonder what house they will be in."

Dumbledore continued. "May I invite you all to please welcome Miss Pheona Grace to Hogwarts."

Pheona stepped out of her secluded spot in front of the audience. Applause filled the hall once again but soon died as the students anticipated their meal. The Sorting Hat was once again revealed and placed on Pheona's head. She was hoping this wouldn't take too long, she felt bad for delaying everyone's dinner.

"Ah, hello Pheona...Grace is it...but people have known you by another name, have they not? Ahh coming to us from America I see. That is quite a place. Well lets see, what house shall I put you in? You are destined to do great things, you possess a lot of courage i can see, I think you would do well in Slytherin or Gryffindor, but I can see that you'd rather be in Gryffindor... to keep an eye on a fellow student... As you wish"... "Gryffindor" the hat echoed through the room.

There was once again a short smattering of applause as Pheona headed towards Gryffindor table. As she walked, she did not notice the many eyes that were on her. Sure, she knew that her multicolored red hair and bright blue eyes gave her an astonishing appearance, but she always hated the stares. She plopped down at the end of the table, trying to avoid everyone's eyes. She had managed to sit next to some students who looked about her age.

"Hate the stares?" someone to her left inquired. "Me too, I have never gotten used to them." Pheona turned around to get a good look at the speaker. He had messy black hair and sparkling green eyes. Her wore glasses and had a lightning bolt scar on his forehead. Ah, she knew this face well.

"You're Harry Potter." She stated.

"Glad you know me. These are my friends Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley." Hermione and Ron greeted Pheona as Harry introduced them.

"Wow, I didn't think it was true that you went here." Pheona said. "So, when do classes start?" She said, abruptly changing the subject.

"Tomorrow we get our schedules and then it's on to our first class." Hermione said.

"Sounds exciting." Pheona replied. "So, I am sure you can give me the scoop on what teachers I should stay away from and such." Pheona asked, intrigued.

Ron who had been silently staring at Pheona throughout the entire conversation finally spoke up. "Yeah, see the one at the end of the teachers' table, in the back?" Pheona nodded. "That's Snape." Ron continued. "He's the potions master and the head of Slytherin, so that should be enough of a clue to stay away from him. He hates Gryffindors, but we hate Slytherins, so its all good."

Pheona nodded again. "Why do we hate Slytherins?" She inquired.

Ron looked at her, astonished, but this time not because of her looks. "Well, everyone knows that Slytherin produces the most dark wizards and Voldemort himself was in Slytherin. Obviously you can see why Harry hates them. But they are all future death eaters and they are all pretty mean to the rest of the school. Rich, snobby "purebloods". They think they are better then everyone else and it makes me sick."

Pheona could almost taste the disgust dripping from his words. "Oh" she said simply and they continued eating in silence. Intrigued, Pheona looked over Ron's shoulder, at the Slytherin table, meeting the cool gray eyes of a certain blonde.
© Copyright 2008 Holden Caulfield (kmg878 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1421801-Flight-of-the-Pheonix---Ch-1