*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1422503-Chapter-1--Past-Resurfacing
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Supernatural · #1422503
Jasper has no memory before his 13th bday. what happenes when his past starts to resurface
Chapter 1- past resurfacing

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. That was the quote our English teacher, Mr. Lewis, asked the class to interpret the meaning of. Hands raised around the classroom as my classmates desperately tried to get the teacher's attention. I continued to stare out the window and watch the birds fly by. The elementary school across the street had just let out and I watched the mother's and father's smile and hug their kids as they asked them how their day was. Did I have parents that looked at me with those same eyes, eyes of affection and unconditional love? Every time I tried to remember anything before I entered the orphanage on my thirteenth birthday. All I got were blurred flashes that appeared and then disappeared just as quickly as they had come. I stared at my reflection in the window wondering what caused me to be the way that I am. Looking back at me was an eighteen year old with cold calculating eyes that could pierce your soul, but if you managed to get past their icy exterior you could see a swirling pool of emotions below fighting to get to the surface. He was six feet tall with a slender build and had raven hair that fell to his shoulders. His hair could put the softest of silk to shame and his face rivaled those of the Greek gods. He would be the epitome of beauty if it wasn't for the odd scar that marred his features. The scar ran down his right eye. It started from the top of his eyebrow and stopped at the middle of his cheek. He usually kept it hidden underneath his hair but if you could catch a glimpse of it you would see that it seemed to glow faint silver. I moved my hair to the side and stared at the scar wondering how I had gotten it and why it was so different from any other scar I have ever seen. I closed my eyes and tried to reach as far back as I could in my mind to try and force myself to remember. I stiffened as I watched a lost memory play through my head like a movie. There was a dark room only illuminated by the rays of moonlight that drifted through the small opening in the thick curtains. They landed on a small boy huddled in the corner trying to make himself as small as possible. He was shaking uncontrollably as the sobs racked his body. His eyes never left his trembling hands as he stared at them in sheer terror. "Jasper, Jasper!" an irritated voice shattered the memory before I could try and interpret what it meant. As I finally came out of my thoughts I was extremely annoyed. I recovered my eye and turned to face Mr. Lewis with a glare of impending doom. At first his eyebrows twitched in annoyance as he glared at me for not paying attention. When he caught my glare his eyes went wide and he looked like a deer caught in headlights. He managed to get his expression back to normal after a little effort, then with a smug little smile he asked. "Well Jasper, now that I finally have your attention. What do you think the meaning of this quote is?" As I registered what Mr. Lewis said, I looked up at the clock. When I saw what time it was I looked back at him with a small smile. "Well, do you have an answer?" "Yes, as a matter of fact I do." The bell rang dismissing the class. I grabbed my things and headed for the door. I could feel Mr. Lewis glaring at my back, so I turned him around and gave him a smug smirk and left the room. My smirk grew wider in triumph as I listened to him cursing as I walked sown the hallway.
© Copyright 2008 drejr29 (drejr29 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1422503-Chapter-1--Past-Resurfacing