*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1422805-My-Miracle
by Nikki
Rated: 13+ · Other · Animal · #1422805
What it is like to raise an orphan kitten.
Do you know what it's like to sleep very little (if any) because you need to keep a feeding regimen of every two hours for a little being. If you have children, then you know what I'm talking about, but this isn't a child...she is a 5 day old kitten.

I removed her from her mother because she has a deformed foot. The mother was having none of that and tried to kill her. The little one's siblings would not let her have any milk, and sadly, neither would her mother. She was small...very small. A "runt" you might say. But I seen the true beauty inside this little cat and I knew that without me, she would have no chance to live.

She is now on her fifth day of life, and doing wonderful, she has gained alot of weight and is more active. I am the sole caretaker for her, and she now views me as her "mother". Even though I could think of better things to do at four in the morning (like sleep), I still drag myself out of bed to feed her because I know she needs me. I am rewarded in the most heart-warming way when she has a full belly and empty bladder and then is rooting around on my stomach or on my fluffy robe for a place to snuggle and sleep.

Without me, this kitten would not have made it this far, she was already on the brink of death when I took over. Her dying was my ultimate fear, but as I see her grow and thrive day by day, my fear diminishes and I proudly smile upon my new "daughter".

I will never forget this experiance as long as I'm alive. I also gladly, get to keep the baby kitten (named Munchkin) since I am the one currently raising her. Everytime I see my little Munchkin, I smile as I realize the strength of the bond we have. I know that I will smile just as much in the coming years as I look at her and know that I saved her.

She is my little miracle...and I am hers.
© Copyright 2008 Nikki (nikki229122 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1422805-My-Miracle