*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1422849-Your-child
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by asha
Rated: E · Essay · Parenting · #1422849
Understanding Your Child It is all about bridging the generation gap.
Understanding your child
Remember that in order to understand your child, the first thing that matters is to understand yourself. It is one way of dealing with child behavior problem if there is any in the first place. Many a times we tend to blow little mis-understandings out of proportion. It always makes sense to think from a child's perspective and understanding. Beware of imposing self ambition of the child's shoulders.
Do some homework; just as a child grows you are growing as a parent too. The child is teaching you so many things subtly; by experiences. I once heard a sad tale of a mother and her eighteen year old daughter; they had serious problems for over five years and were not on talking terms; yet they lived in the same house. Both suffered but could do little to mend the rift. When under going counseling it was discovered that the issues causing the damage to their relationship were trivial compared to the loss they suffered. There was a major contrast in tastes of color, fashion, clothes and lifestyle. The mother felt that the girl's choice was rather loud or towards robust colors while her own taste was sober. Now it needs to be understood that there being a gap of over twenty five years between the two of them their choices even if appropriate to their age could by no means be the same; can this be a root cause of serious damage in any relation. You cannot sacrifice the love of your child over a shade of lipstick; if only a little patience was applied the gap in thinking could be minimized.
Being judgmental can be extremely detrimental to a relation. Many a times simple mistakes on part of the child can be overlooked to create a comfort zone for the child. It goes a long way in bonding your ties with your children.
It rather be that a child learns from little harmless mistakes in early childhood than make gross ones to have serious lasting effects.
© Copyright 2008 asha (andykale at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1422849-Your-child