*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1423428-Battlefront-Sin-City
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1423428
Flashing lights, Neon signs, and the familiar clack clack of rifles in the distance.
>C:/My Computer/Xdrive/Global Archives/NeonWar
Awaiting Command...
Awaiting Command...
Times is 5:35:14 AM
Awaiting Command...
Loading Archive...
Archive loaded....

It's a wonder they still have this on file.
____________________________________________________________________

"Another drink, Rod?"
"Yeah. One more."
"This place is really crowded tonight. I love it."
"It's great to live here. Kind of hard to sleep."
"Sleep?"
"Yeah, sleep." The man smiled at the bartender. The bag slung over the mans' shoulder carried vast amounts of money in them. 575 thousand dollars. Saving gets you somewhere. This man is smart. Very. Very, smart. His mind, is some sort of mystery. Not even those astrophysics with the explanation of event horizons and the fact that light will never escape the... persuasive pull... of a black hole. He knows. People, and a lot. And... we don't... know why. Not to suggest... he is... a bad man, and noone is more deserving of a congratulations and a rest and a few free beers than he. This man... takes the greatest intrest in analyzing his current situation. The frame... of... time... he is currently in, well, he... seems to know. 6 people behind him have black hair. 4 are women, and 2 are men. One of the men has a beard. 3 of the women are wearing a dress.
"Thanks bud."
"Oh, no prob, Rod."
____________________________________________________________________
Now, a little less casual scene. In washington, things are awry. Analyzing the finances of America with eyes dreary, and a mentality to sleep, any second this man could take a face fall into his keyboard. America, is, well, bankrupt. All trading is at a halt. And he realizes that the city of Las Vegas, well, is an extremely good income source. But, somethings wrong... Las Vegas is sapping more money than they;re giving. Which means, that Las Vegas has to be gone. Now.
____________________________________________________________________
"Hm... Oh. I see, now." Rodney's heart just skips a few beats, as he realizes that he just won 15 million dollars. No monetary transaction has ever happened like this. The whole room gets quiet. Rodney lifts his hand silently into the air. He smiles. His fist plummets down onto the table, in joy.

Somewhere off in the distance, the strange noise of an ICBM's thrusters can be heard.
____________________________________________________________________

Rodney, is smart... A card counter? Yes. ANd this isn't any kind of thing the story of the MIT blackjack team ever covered. This, is big. His head turns just in time to see a few security guards, in causal dress, looking over the crowd of the casino. His stomach rolls and dips, and twists and turns, as he scoops the colossal stacks of chips into his bag. Next stop, the money counter. He grins at the person handing him 15 million dollars. Wads of 100s. And 1000s he didn't even know they went that high.
© Copyright 2008 InsecureStimulant (stimulus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1423428-Battlefront-Sin-City