*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1423639-True-Love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Draft · Other · #1423639
How will a young couple in love express their desire to spend their lives together?
Waves beat upon the shore outside a little house beside the sea. Fresh salty air blew in thru the open window and touseled Milly and Jonathon's hair where they sat on a fluffy area rug stretched out on the hard wood floor of their living room. They sat indian style facing one another.

I don't want wedding rings. Milly said matter of factly in her soft sweet voice.
I mean, it's not that I wouldn't want to wear your ring. It's that I want to do something new.. something that's never been done before. Her eyes lit up the way they did when she got really excited about something. When her eyes lit up like this Johnathon felt like he fell in love with her all over again. He couldn't explain what it did to him. He sat looking at her with no particular expression, listening intently.
It's just that.. I want to share something with you thats meaningful. A ring means nothing to me... it's just a ring. She gestured to her ring finger on her left hand, pretending to take an imaginary ring off of her hand.
It's just a piece of jewelry that you can take off, just something that you can lose. You know what it represents?? Money. It's just saying that we are buying each other. She had that intense firey look in her eyes that meant she was really on to something. He loved that look.
I want something that's more permanent, like, I don't know... she shrugged.
A tatoo, or.. I don't know.. something that represents... she looked down at her hands, shaking her head gently trying to get the right words out.
... that I have been looking for you my whole life. That I remember you from the life before this one and have spent 28 years searching for you in this one. That our souls are connected. That we will always be together.. no matter what.. because our spirits are entwined and they are eternal.. that I love you.... when Milly's voice got so full of emotion like this the sound of it changed. He couldn't explain how it sounded.. just beautiful and thick. She always got this almost sad desperate look in her eyes when she bared her soul to him like this, like she was still afraid that he would reject her, or feel different.. or not understand. She was so used to being alone. He was so used to being alone as well, and because of this he knew that she couldn't possibly feel any different. He could barely handle how much he loved her sometimes.
Just as he saw her water globe eyes begin to fill with tears he reached out, wrapping his arms tight around the small of her back, drawing her close to him. She laced her arms around his shoulders like she did so well, their cheeks pressed close to one another. She felt Jonathon's energy move into her and as easy as rain tears streamed down her cheeks. He pressed his forehead against hers, their eyes locking, green and blue.
I love you. His voice gruff with emotion of his own.
She pressed her cheek against his again, the tears staining her face.
Do you know how much it means to me.... she had to pause to keep going.
....that you love me?
He slid his finger under her chin as he pulled her around to face him, serious, tilting her head up so that he could look deeply into her eyes.
Do you know what it means to me.... that you love me?
Can you put it into words? How much it means to you? He asked her gently.
She just shook her head looking at him with her huge innocent doe eyes filled with tears.
Can I put it into words... what it means to me? No Milly, I can't. That means that what we have is beyond words. It's bigger than words.
She closed her eyes, letting the tears roll down her cheeks and whispered
I'm so grateful for you. For just being here with you, in this moment.
Milly? He asked in a happy whisper
She opened her eyes
Lets think of something thats never been done before.
© Copyright 2008 sploosh (sploosh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1423639-True-Love