*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1423738-Enemeht
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Supernatural · #1423738
Max's past
Chapter 1

Blind within his dreams he heard glass shattering screams for help. Finally, the screams faded and a long pause of silence shrouded the dream. Nothing but total darkness inside but a pair of electric blue eyes.

"It's your turn to... Die!" The word came from the darkness like an ear bursting, skull splitting banshee scream and laughter came after it.

"Max, are you ok?" A dark figure stood over him.

Max wiped the sweat off of his face and brushed his white-blonde hair out of his amber eyes. He rubbed his eyes to adjust them to the darkness.

Uh, Chad? What's up?" Max asked groggily.

Chad lent out a hand to help Max up. As Max got to his feet Chad said "It's two-thirty in the morning you have to get home. Your mother is probably worried sick about you."

"Yeah that would be the day the world ends. When my mother worries about me." He muttered and let out a little laugh.

Max and his mother Jolee don’t have a good relationship. Ever since Max was born, she treated him like a spawn of hell.

Four years ago is when his mother snapped,. She threw him out. Max's mother is a telekinetic, it means she can move things with her mind. After Jolee threw Max out, he ran as fast and as far away as he could.

But throwing him out wasn't satisfying enough for her. She ran after him. Max has tremendous speed and his mother is where he got that from.

Max thought he left his mother in the dust. He was exhausted from running, and stopped at the top of a hill to catch his breath.

A voice startled him, his friend Ciara got up from where she sat under a tree. "Max what's wrong?" She walked over to him. "What's wrong?" She asked again.

Max turned his back on the question and looked down the hill. By now, in his life, he’d know that the only thing pursuing him at that speed is his mother.

"My mother." he whispered

"Your mother? What are you talking about?"

"Ciara run! Get as far away as possible I don’t want you to see what is about to happen."

Ciara looked down the hill and saw his mother running up the hill at fast speeds. She had something with her.

"Oh my god is that a pick-up truck she got with her?" Ciara gasped.

"Ciara! Get out of here now!"

Ciara stood in defiance.

Max’s mother got closer. Jolee threw the truck at him. It spiraled through the air toward him. Max knew moving out of the way ahead of time would be pointless because Jolee could move it in that direction. He had to time this perfectly.

Now! Max thought and jumped to the left.

Ciara gasped as the truck flew passed her. She glanced down the hill. Jolee was gone. She turned her gaze on looked at Max. He was on the ground.

“Max!” She ran to his aid.

As she approached, she froze in fear. There was blood everywhere, and then she realized his right arm and leg had been torn off.

Max’s healing powers worked on his flesh wounds but couldn’t regenerate. Ciara called Atticus to come help her. She told him everything and he was there in no time.

Atticus and Ciara took Max to their hangout beneath an abandon church. They carried him to Atticus’ lab, being a big science freak, he had all kinds of cool equipment. He was very smart as well.

“This will be a perfect time to try out my new invention.” He said as he laid Max on his lab table.

“What is it?” Ciara asked.

“Replacement bots. By using biogenetics I can replace his arm and leg.” He picked up a syringe.

“OK! What does biogenetics mean? ” She asked.

“ It is the same as recapitate.” Ciara looked at him weird. “You see this syringe? It’s filled with millions of nano bots.” He said walking towards Max. “I made these to act like stem cells.” He looked at Ciara’s confused face. “Stem-cells are cells that can be any cell it wants. If the stem-cell is surrounded by a liver cell it acts like a liver cell.”

“Ok what does that have to do with this?” She held her head as if she she was taking in too much knowledge.

“Simple terms. These nano bots are programmed to make a new arm and leg skeleton.” He said

“Now was that so hard to say?”

“Yes, yes it was.”

Atticus injected the nano bots into Max. Several minutes passed and nothing has happened. Ciara paced back and forth, playing with her hair every time she turned around.

“Why is it taking so long?” She screamed

“The nano bots has to be an exact replica of the limbs missing so they are analyzing his bone structure and bone mass. So it may take awhile.” Atticus walked over to his computer and brought up images on the computer screen.

“When did you take x-rays of Max?”

“When I laid him on the table.” He said looking at the x-rays. “What is this?” He pointed to a line in the middle of Max’s left arm.

“It’s one of his crystal needles.”

“Uh-oh. This is bad. This is why the nano bots are taking so long. The nano bots are copying the needle’s coat of crystal.” Atticus looked at Ciara. “Ugh. The nano bots are turning Max’s bones into crystal.” He struggled saying it.

They turned around and went toward Max. Max was struggling in pain. Atticus saw something piercing through Max’s skin. They were crystal needles.

“Computer put a shield around Max” Atticus yelled backing up from Max. The needles shot out of Max’s skin and they fell once the needles hit the shield. “Computer analysis!”

“ Analyzing. The nano bots inside Max crystallized his bones. The nano bots are in a different environment so they feel threatened. The needles projectile out of Max was a defense mechanism from the nano bots.”

“What?” He yelled

“Ugh. Keep it down I’m trying to sleep!” Max cried breaking the tension in the room.

“Max!” Ciara ran to him and hugged him. Wincing from the pain Max smiled. He hopped off of the table and walked towards Atticus.

“Max look at yourself. Your arm and leg you can walk.” Atticus said all choked up.

Max turned to the blank computer screen and seen his left arm and leg in flesh, but his right arm and leg was crystal. The arm and leg wasn’t a skeleton it had crystal muscles around the bones.

“We have something to cover that up.” Atticus handed him a ring.

“A ring? What is this suppose to do?”

“Put it on your crystal finger and it gives the illusion that your arm and leg looks normal.”

Max slowly slid the ring Atticus has given him on his finger.

“I can still see the crystal Atticus! I should’ve known that this invention wouldn’t work like the rest of-” Max stopped and looked at his arm and leg. Skin was growing around the crystal muscles. “I can’t believe it! My arm feels normal!” He felt his arm then slowly slid his hand down to his leg. “And my leg too! Wow! I didn’t think it would work but it did!”

****





“That’s odd.” Atticus spoke in a confused tone. He sat at his computer.

“What’s wrong Atticus?” Max asked from where he leaned against a wall in the basement of their church hideout.

Max moved to where Atticus stared at a computer screen filled with random numbers and diagrams.

“The electric current in your body isn’t normal. It’s going way fast, nearly double the normal rate. It’s amazing you are still alive.”

As Atticus kept talking Max grew tired. Atticus kept lecturing on how it’s amazing that Max’s electrical currents are way to fast and it still baffles him that Max is still alive.

Sitting in a corner on the floor Max’s snoring away. Atticus heard him and turned around to see Max sleeping with his eyes open. Max only sleeps with his eyes open when Atticus is lecturing about stuff that doesn’t interest him which is about everything Atticus talks about. Atticus got so mad to see Max sleeping while he’s trying to figure out what’s wrong with him. He walked up to Max and gave him on great kidney shot with his foot.

“Wake up sleeping beauty.” Atticus said

“I’m up.” Max groaned as he got off of the floor.

“Hey, Max! Happy Birthday.” A familiar voice said from behind.

“Thanks Ciara and welcome back.” Max smiled as he looked into her beautiful ocean blue eyes.

Ciara one of Max’s best friends next to Atticus. Ever since kindergarten Max and Ciara were friends. They did everything together. A year later Ciara’s mother was taken away. After that Ciara had nothing, she depended on the elements of the Earth to survive on her own. No one would help her. She was all alone with no one to make her feel safe. Ciara was the first one to find the church that they live in now.

“Yeah happy birthday, Max” Atticus said.

“Thanks.” Max grinned.

Atticus walked over to a trap door in the middle of the church that lead to their real home. They call their home their “hangout”.

He opened the hangout door and one at a time they all jumped down.

Once they got down in the hangout Atticus turned on the radio and laid down on the couch. Ciara went into her room which has her own personal bathroom and she took a shower. Max went into his room. He entered his and it was total darkness. Max flicked on the light switch and lightning lit the room. His room was a lightning storm. The floor was a sky view of a town getting hit with a lightning storm. The walls and the ceiling was the sky filled with storm clouds. Max’s bed looked like a very big cumulonimbus cloud.

Max laid down on his cloud bed. Memories started running through his mind of all of his past birthdays. How so crummy they were with my mother. He thought. After his mother would leave his sister, aunts, uncle, and his cousins would make the day better for him. Lightning struck and the thunder rolled snapping him out of his daydreaming.

“I need to see my family. I think they deserve to see me on my birthday.” Max thought out loud.

Closing his bedroom door behind him, Max snuck out of the hangout and out the church door. Walking down the street his mother and the rest of his family lives on he stops. He stops in front of a three story building with mahogany siding and a stone stoop.

“Never thought I would ever come back here after what happened to me four years ago.” Max whispered to himself.



© Copyright 2008 Lightning Dragon (whitelightning at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1423738-Enemeht