*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1423912-Vampires-Kiss
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1423912
The vampire kissed the one he loved...and he could only watch.
That thing...it had touched her...

She, that darling angel, had just stood there, once again her naive youthful innocence murdering her senses. She was too sweet, too welcoming, for in her eyes, no one was beyond savior. Everyone had a chance. Everyone was good deep down. Everyone was worthy...what was wrong with her? She couldn't have detected evil if it stared her in the face, if it spit in her eye, if it was putting its lips onto hers and pressing their bodies together...

Her eyes, of course, had widened, just as all's would have, but not in realization, just surprise. The one who's lips were on hers-she would faster discover her own iniquity than his own, for not one moment has ever passed that she'd thought of what a disgusting beast this boy who fed on blood was. This boy-man-beast-thing was a carnivorous, vindictive creature, only fit for death. Yet, this girl, this apparently perfect girl, couldn't see that, for in all her perfection, there was an overdose of purity. Her mind, her heart, her soul, none of these things had ever been stained with hurt so therefore, no defense was ever needed. The barriers weren't down; they were inexistent because this girl had never had a chance to need them.

The eyes, however, of one like him, the betrayed and mistrusted ones, saw all of the evil, all the hate that such a beast deserved. Nothing was past him; after all it had taken a while for even this woman to peak his interest enough that he would make a move. What his motive was, however, is still unclear to them both, for the girl believes a lie and the man believes nothing. The only thing he trusts is himself, the only thing he wanted was blood and chaos, abating the deaths of victims like a child awaiting a present.

Only this monster preferred that its present be coated in blood.

How could this beautiful creature, this innocent newborn of a soul, stand to have him touching her, to have his lips on hers, his hands in her hair? Why wasn't she backing away in fear? Oh, that's right, this girl didn't have the sense to back away, didn't have the sense to leave.

These two went on, his hands instinctively going through her hair, this beast holding on to her, having found his next victim...waiting, seconds away from taking the bite while another boy, someone more humane than this one, stared on.

This boy could only stare from behind his own eyes as a beast disguised as him took the girl he loved, forced but to watch as another victim was born.
© Copyright 2008 Christine Cockerill (jeddybear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1423912-Vampires-Kiss