*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1424400-monsters-delima
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Gothic · #1424400
to eat or to love, tough choice, considering the prey.
Alice loomed over her sleeping prey. His humble features being absorbed by her red and voracious eyes. She gritted her teeth in agitation, why couldn't she do it? She had planned this perfectly, everything had gone well, why did this have to go wrong now. She outstretched her arm and it quickly became a tentacle like appendage, shapeless in form. It's skin was like black velvet, red eyes dotting it along the way down to it's tip where a great spike jawed mouth loomed inches from his cheek. It opened slightly, the feminine arms lurking just inside, waiting to drag their helpless prey into the doom of her jaws. She would make this quick for him, she owed him that. Silently, her mouth tipped tentacle moved to just before his neck, where his jugular lie only centimeters below the skin. She remembered how that neck had felt last night, nuzzling against the sweaty, warm muscles of it while they made love so passionately. He had tasted so sweet and soft when she had bitten him in fits of lust. The memory brought a warmth from her chest, and a gentle smile mysteriously appeared on her lips. He had been so kind to her that night. In an instant she snapped out of her daze of memory and focused back on the matter at hand, devouring him. She opened her tentacles jaws... and retracted them, leaving his neck intact. She returned her arm to it's original form, and pressed her hand to her temple.

"damnit" she cursed through gritted teeth.

Furious she stormed off to the bathroom, still naked from last night, she glared at herself in the mirror. Her eyes were pools of blood, their pupils the pits of hell itself. Her hair was black, and had the texture of a horses mane. Her skin was pale as ceramics, or geisha powder, and her lips were rose red, and plump like soft pillows. Her figure was that of a Greek goddess, Aphrodite, or Athena would envy her measurements. She had seduced many men over the years, even while young the older teachers with filthy minds had become prey to her charms. None of them touched her though, no man had been graced with the pleasures of her body until last night. For behind her womanly, feminine figure, there was her true self. The abomination soul, shapeless and merciless beast with an endless hunger for flesh, souls, and the sweet cries of agony. She had devoured them all, the men who lusted for her. Tearing them limb from limp while they begged for mercy, the Herculean strength of her velvet tongue arms dragging their flailing bodies into her monstrous spike toothed jaws. Many times they would be held inside, with their arms helplessly clinging to her teeth, pulling with all their pathetic might to escape her. Then he jaws would close, and grind their flimsy arms into chowder, then their still living forms would fall back, and she would crush them, a segment of her silky shapeless form bulging with squirming prey would suddenly compress with a bony crunch, and her devoured would cease moving, going limp. They would fall into the endless pit of her stomach, where their souls would be digested forever. She reveled in this feast, savoring their flavor and agony as she preformed this slaughter of often dozens of men at once. Satisfying her appetite for a brief moment before her endless hunger returned. The thought of this, what she was, got her eyes glowing and her blood riled. She was ready to eat him now, nothing could stop her.

She gracefully entered the room, observing her sleeping prey once more. Her mouth was watering and her hunger was begging her for satisfaction. She once more hovered over him, this time both her arms transforming, and forming a type of array of mouths, each about the size of a saucer, that hovered mere inches from his flesh. She could taste his skin, his sweat, the leftover of their activities last night, all danced on her tongues. Suddenly, he moved. Nothing major, just a slight turn in his sleep. He rolled his body unconsciously and rested now on his back, his face now looking upward. He was unawakened by her presence. She was memorized by the look he had while sleeping. So serine, blissful, and innocent. This was how she was going to kill him, quickly and painlessly while he was in the peace of sleep, a mercy killing. Out of curiosity, she bent over into a position that would have toppled a human clean off their balance. Her face only inches from his, she peered into his mind, curious to know what dream had given him such bliss. She was also desperate for any possible excuse to hate him, and eat him guiltlessly. She closed her eyes and silently infiltrated his thoughts. His dreams were lovely, he was there with her, dreaming of her. They were picking apples in the field they used to when the both of them were still young. The fresh scent of the trees was abundant with the wind, and the pedals of the flowers floated weightlessly in the air, swarms of them that carried themselves on the wind. Like a fleet of sailboats over a perfect Caribbean blue sea. There they were, picking the luscious fruits from the branches, though they were not young, they were the at their current age of 17. He was enchanted by her joyous smile, Alice could feel his emotions. The warm, touching affection of blissful paradise. The indescribably wonderful emotion she could only call love. Outside, she smiled like she hadn't in forever. His emotions still fluttering in her head, she had been bereft of such feelings for so long that they filled her to top with serenity. Before she knew it a crystal tear was rolling down her nose, she slipped out of his mind, and realized once again, she couldn't devour him. Stressed, she stood up and reformed into her mock human shape.

" just sleep it off Alice" she told herself " you just need to sleep it off"

She rounded the bed, and plopped her bottom down on the sheets, yawning slightly she fell sideways and rolled over until she was softly laying against his humble body. She gazed at him momentarily, hand feeling his bare chest and pectorals. His muscles were lightly toned, just enough to be seen, but nothing too special. He had been her only close friend while growing up. Ever since she had become the unintended daughter of two stupid adolescents who had mated in the home she haunted while dead. Her new parents always fought over the littlest things. They lived in a trailer, working multiple jobs, trying to make ends meet. She could hardly do much as a child to support them, and never found them to be respectable enough to look up to. They were both deadbeats. They had sent her to a lousy public school in Georgia, in a town filled with ignorant minded thugs and sick minded basterds. The lowest of the low she considered them, they were a sufficient food supply for her darker form all throughout growing up. She had followed the same growth patterns as she had in her human life ages ago. She was very young when she met him, Dario his name was, the only kindness she had known. His parents were a crooked pair of a drug dealing cop, and a waitress who got extra tips from certain male customers after taking a trip to the bathroom with them. They were never certain who his father really was, it was hard to tell when you put father beside son. Because of this, he wasn't too liked in his family either, so often he and Alice would spend their days together, escaping the drama of their homes. They would pick apples, feed the birds on the rooftops of downtown, pick pockets at the carnival and spending the earnings on ice cream or take out at a restaurant in the town mall. The best food they ever got, seeing as their parents only got McDonalds or ramen. He had always tried to defend her when she was harassed, and as lovely as her only human form was in a town of delinquents that was often. He hardly realized that she had intentionally lured some these predators in for food when she did. She was impressed by his bravery, and hated to see them knock him unconscious or pummeling the crap out of him. She always waited until he was out before she took her revenge on them, being extra cruel in her usual feeding habits, making sure thought that he never saw her for what she was. It wasn't until high school that she just started defending him, without transforming she would still be strong enough to beat her meals into a bloody pulp, sometimes literally, for hurting him. He had always been so sorry he couldn't defend her, and so determined to change that, but she had always just told him not to worry, and that she didn't want him to change. She still remembered their study sessions throughout her final years at the high school, he ensured her graduation with them. She remembered most though when her parents died, her father having gotten fed up with her mother and after killing her, he then fell into depression and killed himself moments later. Any relatives aware of it had been glad to see them gone and none of them were willing to take Alice in. she had been sent to a crisis shelter. At the time Dario had been her only comfort. She had cried on his shoulder for hours, and she never cried. Not long after graduation, he had moved into an apartment, and offered her to be his roommate. Seeing as he couldn't afford the rent alone. She had accepted, leaving the crisis shelter and moving in with him was one of her happiest decisions. They had just moved in when she decided to do this. They had grown closer than friends over the years. That was why she had decided to make it quick for him. For a long time she suspected he knew her secret, her true side and what it meant. She couldn't let him go now, but she couldn't bring herself to be cruel enough to kill him like she did the others. So she made her choice, seeing as he was still a virgin, she would take him out one night, and clear him of that virginity. He didn't deserve to die one that was certain. Then while he was asleep and oblivious, she would kill him painlessly. She felt she had owed him that. She cursed herself now for being unable to do it. She snuggled against his body, loving his warmth. Her eyelids grew heavy and she fell off to sleep. I'll eat him when I wake up she thought hopefully he'll still be asleep.

When she awoke, he was gone. She looked around, still waking up, then she heard a certain sizzling from the kitchen. She rose from the bed, still nude, and wandered down into the doorway of the small kitchen the apartment offered. There Dario was, in a pair sweatpants, with a half dozen eggs hissing in a frying pan. He looked over at her entry.

" morning" he greeted her " sleep well"

" shut up" she cursed, agitated that she would now have to kill him while he was awake. " I am a monster you hear me"

He looked at her with a bit of peculiarity, like there was barley anything wrong.

" I am a goddamn monster" Alice announced, keeping her eyes to the floor, this would be painful. Her hand unconsciously transformed into a three clawed harpies foot. The bladed nails digging into he wood. " I am going to eat you" she inhaled deeply, hesitant " SO JUST SHUT UP" she howled as she changed entirely, her body no longer even resembling her human form. Shapeless, formless eyes and mouths and claws all bearing towards her old friend. Inside she was silently crying, but she couldn't dare reveal this. She halted before him, a massive mouth with the putrid odor of a thousand horrifying deaths flowing from between her monstrous, slimy teeth. She saw him with her numerous eyes, and she was silently beginning him to squirm, to run, to scream, to panic, to show fear so she could just eat him and be done with it. However what he said next, was the last thing she ever thought he would.

" so do you like your eggs scrambled or Sunnyside or..." he paused awaiting her answer. As if nothing were abnormal.

In an instant, Alice had once more changed back into her human form. She was directly before him, inches from him. Her head was facing down, her teeth were gritted so tightly that they felt as though at any moment they could shatter under the pressure. Tears in her eyes were like pools of diamond flowing down. She couldn't bear this much longer, she couldn't possibly do it. She looked up at him, her eyes filled with rage, her cheeks now streaming with sadness. Without hardly a moments warning, he reached his arms around her and pressed his lips against hers. She was furious, ready to tear him apart for this, but too much of her was simply caught up in his kiss. Soon her lips had parted and their tongues were dancing in a deep and passionate kiss. After a few moments, she forced herself to break the kiss. She tore the back of his shirt clean off, and forced herself backwards. Feeling somehow comforted, and yet spiteful of what he had just done. She turned and headed out, stopping just at the doorway.

"SCRAMBLED" she shouted, before storming off. Dario turned back to the crying eggs. He popped five of the six yolks, then after a moments thought, popped the last one and began to scramble them.

Alice threw a shirt on and lay herself down on the couch. She wasn't able to do it, there was no way in hell she could eat him now. She remembered the last person who knew her secret and was spared. It couldn't be a coincidence that not long afterward that paladin had come for her, and killed her. She couldn't see Dario reporting her to the church, but she couldn't live with the risk. Somehow though, she was happy that she couldn't eat him, like he was a part of her she had spared. She had wiped the tears from her face by the time he entered. He dared not ask If she was feeling better.

" I hope their to your liking" he set a steaming plate of fresh scrambled eggs on the coffee table before her. She looked down at the fluffy, yellow bits laying like corpses in a mound.

" why aren't you afraid of me Dario" she asked, not even bothering to thank him " I just tried to eat you, I've eaten hundreds before. shouldn't you be scared"

" Alice" he answered, sitting down beside her " did you really think I didn't know about this"

" how long" she wanted to know " when did you find out"

" high school" he replied " I saw you and Mr Peeler, I had thought he was going to hurt you, so I followed"

" I see" she recalled the old bearded man asking her to speak with him after class. She had seen clear through this. As soon as he touched her she had taken a bite, she still loved the way he had actually thought that saying he would be a good boy from now on would make her spare him. "and you never said anything"

" no" he informed " I'll admit I was a bit shaken up. I mean I had always doubted your humanity, but I had no idea."

" you didn't run" she interrogated.

" you were still the same Alice the next time we talked" he said " so I guess I just didn't mind it after a while"

" you don't hate me" a stupid question, but one she couldn't help but ask.

" of course not" he returned.

She closed in, and hugged him, pressing her head into his shoulder. The crystal tears of happiness now flowing once again. She laughed a smile, and held him close.

"thank you" the words escaped her lips. "Dario"
© Copyright 2008 david black (birdofhermes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1424400-monsters-delima