*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1424506-The-Cure-for-Big-F-Disease
by RJ'S
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1424506
Christian living
Today is Sunday and I am on my way to a doctor's appointment for chest pain. I have missed my last two appointments do to my hectic life. When arriving at the doctors I notice the parking lot is packed and there are only spaces located at the furthest distance from the entrance. As I walk to the door I can feel my chest tighten. But I am hopeful that once I see the Dr and receive medication that the pain will subside shortly. In the lobby I am greeted by a receptionist and handed paperwork. There is even a form for new patients. I go and find a seat in the waiting room and read the material I have been given. Twenty minutes later the Dr. shows up. I sit and listen as he goes through the physician's reference to help reach a diagnosis. I am diagnosed with Sin. I am given a pain killer and sent on my way. As the Dr. leaves it is time to pay for the services. The bill is more than I can afford at ten percent a visit, I have to pull the money from elsewhere that it is needed. I pay what I can and leave. As I walked to my car I am overcome with hopelessness because I have come to this doctor many times before with the same symptom and was given the same ineffective treatment.
What I would later discover is that the Dr. is a nurse to the Great Physician. And that I could use the Great Physician's reference to diagnose myself. I found out that I have a growth located on my heart. The growth isn't cancer or sometimes referred to as the big C. I have discovered that I have the big F. The F is for Fear. I knew I needed to stop this disease before it spread. I went to the same physician's reference that my Dr. had used in search of a treatment plan. As I was flipping through the pages, I came across Philippians 4:6-7 which states, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."(NIV) With these words I knew that the Rx that I needed to take was obedience to Christ by giving my disease over to Him daily.
I come to all Christians asking that we help all people who carry the disease of fear. We know that fear spreads sin into all parts of our lives. As a church we need to remember that pulpit doctors are just nurses and that we all have access to the Great Physician's reference. Please remember that God has brought you through so that you could bring others to Him so that they may be cured. As you make your Sunday appointments keep in mind that the person sitting next to you is there because of some kind of disease.
© Copyright 2008 RJ'S (rjs71 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1424506-The-Cure-for-Big-F-Disease