*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1425365-A-Christmas-Poem
by Gracie
Rated: E · Poetry · Holiday · #1425365
This is a poem describing Christmas, and what it really means.
  Ah Christmas. What a wonderful time of year when even the coldest of hearts melt in good cheer. When the rain turns to snow and the school doors close. When adults and children alike don't really mind getting up all that early and dread the sleep that follows. When faces appear at windows and snowmen greet everybody fortunate enough for that white wonder that falls from the sky above.

  It is a time of laughter and a time of glee. It is a time of happiness and a time of anxiousness. It is a time where special music is played. It is music that comes around this time of year. A time when old friends are renewed and relationships restored.

  Christmas truly begins when you pull out the decorations. Oh what a glorious sight to behold when the ornaments and stockings are pulled from their hiding spot beneath box after box of junk. When you see your reflection in that big glass ball that hangs on a tree branch. When you make that special trip to find just the right holder for all your Christmas gifts. That tree is more than just a tree, but a symbol of good things yet to come.

  I think of Christmas when I smell hot chocolate brewing on the stove. When the aroma of eggnog fills the air. When you smell mistletoe dangling by your nose. When Christmas treats cook in the oven and sit on the stove. Oh what a special time of year.

  When the night finally comes. When  you wait ever so long for the footsteps on the roof and hooves prancing and dancing on your eaves. When the milk and cookies disappear and sometimes little notes appear in their stead. When the long boring night is finally over and morning shines through the windows. When children speed to the tree, wondering what things were left for their discovery.

  Most importantly, Christmas is a time to celebrate the most special thing of all. That is the amazing story of our Savior's birth. A time where THE King was born, THE Son of God came to earth. As people gather around their Bibles, God's message about His Son's entry into this world is read aloud with a special passion as they discover the true meaning of Christmas and all that it really means.

  I hope your Christmas is everything you want it to be. A Christmas filled with good memories and laughter. A Christmas that you and your family will enjoy and think back upon with smiles on your faces. May God bless you and your family this Christmas day!
© Copyright 2008 Gracie (s0cialbug at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1425365-A-Christmas-Poem