*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1425524-Just-10-Minutes
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1425524
"if she had given me just 10 minutes......"
          JUST 10 MINUTES
       
                                      By Raja sir
I am unable to describe how he looked, but the lines and expressions on his face revealed that he was quite sad and worried.
For the sake of courtesy, I asked," You look very sad? Do you need help?
"Yes, I am concerned about her. God knows what she may have suffered...How she is..." he exhaled a deep cool breath.
"She...Who is she?"
"She I was going to marry with. She loved me very much and so did I." He continued with his story, and I was showing interest in it.
"What happened next?" I was anxious to hear more.
"Then what... her parents didn't agree. But we could not live without each-other. One day, I heard that her parents had settled her engagement, against her will. She had to marry a man of their choice."
"Then...?"
"I tried many times to meet her but..."
"But what...?" I was dying with curiosity.
"But I was not able to meet her..." he took a long breath,"...and I committed suicide."
"Suicide...? But you are..."
"Alive? No, I am not alive."
"W...h...a...t...?" My curiosity turned into fear.
"Don't be scared. I won't harm you. I need a little help from you."
"Yes?" I felt a bit relieved.
"I love her very much, and her love has brought me back in this form. I only want to know about welfare! I want to be assured that she has not committed suicide after my death. Will you help me?"
"You are still asleep!" my mother's voice shook me and I opened my eyes.
"Coming mother," I answered.
I have regret that I could not complete my dialogue with the man from the other world. I wish my mother had given me just 10 minutes so that I could tell him not to worry unnecessarily. I wanted to tell him the people on this earth forget their love very quickly and if a dead man came back in a visible form, they would be frightened and call him "ghost". I wish the living could really love the other living people, leave aside the dead ones. Just 10 more minutes and I would have felt relieved.
                                                                            Raja sir.

© Copyright 2008 Rajasir (rajasir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1425524-Just-10-Minutes