*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1425578-Of-Paige-and-Rick
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Keiko
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1425578
Kay, I love learning about Rick so here goes.
As she sits there on the swing in the park, waiting for him, her patience beginning to wear thin. She tries to think of ways to remove her thoughts from what is to come. Thinking of random, irrelevant thoughts that pretain of little or no importance of her future. She sighs and rests against the oak she was perched in. "To become a vampire..." She whispers. "To live for eternity with my love..." She closed her eyes and let the earlier hours pass before her eyes.

"Rick! What the hell are you doing!!" She screeched as she walked in on him, his lips pressed to the neck of some woman. Tears stinging her eyes as she looked upon them.
His eyes rose to meet hers, his shock causing him to drop his prey, his black eyes becoming wide. "Paige, it's not what you think! I swear!" I stammered out, stepping back from the woman's limp body.
Paige followed his gaze, seeing the blood seeping out of two puncture wounds on her frail neck. Her breath caught in her throat, a small tear tracing down her cheek. "Then what is it?" She whispered softly.
He looked up to Paige, his eyes begging her to... accept him. "I'm... I was... feeding..." He stuttered, afraid of her reaction.
She stepped back, pressing herself against the wall behind her. "W... what?" She chocked out.
He looked down, almost disappointed with himself. "Feeding... Paige..." He drew in a breath. "Paige... I'm... a vampire..."
She glowered at him. "That's not funny, Rick! You know I feel about them! To meet one..." She trailed off, looking back down to the woman's body. To meet one... to be one... would be wonderful. At least, the romantic side of being a vampire...
"Paige, I wouldn't lie to you..." He says softly, taking a step over the woman's body, closer to Paige. "I... I love you."
She pressed herself harder against the wall. "But... vampires... they're... fictional..." She felt her breath coming way too fast as she looked from Rick to the woman. Without noticing, she was staring at the woman's body... Her Rick had done this... The man of her life had killed a woman because... he thought he was a vampire.
He touched her arm and she jumped back, pressing herself as hard as she could to the wall. "Paige..." He said softly, his voice hurt. "Babe, I'm not going to hurt you... I promise... I wou;d never... Could never harm you. I love you. I mean it."
Her eyes were beginning to tear up, "I... I love you too... But please don't lie to me... What were you doing with her?" She asked weakly.
His eyes softened and he looked down, "Mon cher, please..." He reached out quickly and grabbed onto her hands, holding them to his lips. "I swear to you. I was just merely feeding... I'll do my best to prove it. Anything you ask, I'll prove it." He whispered against her skin, looking into her eyes.
She breathed in slowly, "Meet me at the park. After midnight. Don't stand me up." And with that said, she pulled her hands away from him and turned from him. She left them there...


She looked at her watch; 12:05... "Where is he..." She looked around and sighed, standing up from the swing. "I can't believe him... He stood me up." She kicked at a rock, fighting back the tears in her eyes. "To believe I actually trusted him." She grumbled. Her phone suddenly viberated in her back pocket. She pulled it out and flipped it open. "Why did he text me? Why doesn't he ever just call me?"
"Babe, please come back..."
She stared at her phone hard, unsure if her eyes were really reading the words or if she had just imagined it. She turned on the balls of her feet and she seen him. Sitting in the swing she had just stood from. "Rick?" She whispered. She hadn't even heard him approach, but there he was. She stepped to him.
He reached to her suddenly and brought her onto his lap, holding her close. "I said I'd prove it to you. And I know how." He ran his fingers through her hair and looked deep into her eyes. "I love you." He whispered, leaning down to kiss her neck gently.
She shivered softly and tilted her head to the side. "I love you, too." She whispered, wrapping her arms around his neck.
"Paige, will you spend eternity with me?" He whispered, sounding like he was begging.
Her heart stopped. What did he just say? "Forever?" She asked softly, suddenly hopeful.
"Until you tire of me. Please, my love."
She closed her eyes, "How will you have this happen?"
She felt him smile against her skin, "I'll turn you."
Her breath stopped as well, "Turn me?" She pushed Rick back so she could see his face. "Rick, you're human." She told him firmly.
He placed a hand on her cheek, shaking his head gently, "No, mon cher. As I told you, I am vampire. I have no need to lie to you." His eyes stared into hers, almost begging for her to believe him.
She sighed and raised her eyebrow, "Rick... You know how I feel about that..." She stood up getting off his lap and walking towards her motorcycle.
Without even hearing him move, Rick was behind her. He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulling her to him, pressing her back against his chest. He leaned down to whisper in her ear, "Why is it you won't believe me?"
Her stomach clenched up and she felt her eyes widened as she swallowed a lump in her throat before she spoke. "Vampires are fictional." She said simply.
He kissed her jugular vein gently, pulling at her skin with his lips. "Please, babe. Just trust me... Let me taste your blood..." He said, his voice husky as he spoke. "You know I'll never do anything against your will... Just say the words and I'll turn you... Bond you with me for as long as you wish."
She closed her eyes and leaned her head to the side, she felt herself struggling to breathe. "Rick..." She whispered, "I wish to be yours... For all eternity." She opened her eyes slightly, "Please don't be lying to me..." She looked up to him, her green eyes locking with his chocolate eyes.
He nodded and smiled kindly down at her, "You trust me?"
She nodded softly, "With my life."
He seemed to hesitate for a second as she spoke. His eyes softening as they met hers, "I'm glad, my love." Then he seemed to be sad for a brief moment. "I hate to say this... But it will hurt..."
She nodded, "I've read it. I know." She moved the hair off her shoulder, offering her throat to him, "But I also know you'll be here."
His eyes locked onto her vein instantly, his mouth beginning to water as he imagined her blood washing over his tongue. He growled softly, "Follow me." He said moving away from her and reaching his hand out to her.
She laced her fingers through his, "Are you sure you want me?"
He smiled widely and began walking towards the trees. "My love, I've never been more sure. You are my blood-mate."
Her brow furrowed, "Blood-mate?"
He nodded and pulled her closer, wrapping his arm around her waist as he led her through the trees. "Like a soul-mate. But for vampires..." He bent down and barely pressed his lips on her forehead.
She felt her cheeks burst into flames. "Where are you taking me, hon?"
He smiled down at her, "A really beautiful place." He said, moving a branch out of her way to show a small meadow.
She gazed in awe as she took in the sights of the stars twinkling down over a small creek. She walked through the branches and stared in amazement. "Rick..." She breathes slowly. "It's amazing!"
He leads her to the oak tree beside the creek, sitting down and pulling her onto his lap. "I wish to change you here." He whispers against her throat.
She tilted her head to the side, "I'd love that." She said softly.
He genly kissed her vein before opeing his lips and pressing his teeth against her neck. He pressed harder and harder before his fangs peirced trough her skin. She jolted as he began to drink slowly. It had been years since he had tasted human blood. He growled and pulled at her skin, willing the blood to come faster. She whimpered slightly as he forced her mind to feel orgasims instead of pain. He gripped at her shirt, moaning loudly and sucking her wound. She felt her veins burst into flames as the blood drained from her.
He forced himself away from her, gasping for air. He stared down at her limp body, biting down on his wrist and pressing the laceration to her already cold lips. As his blood dripped onto her tongue, her dead lungs felt as if they were bursting open and her heart felt as if it were caving in. She ignored the pain as she licked across his wrist, her vampiric saliva causing his wound to bleed faster. She sucked greedily on his wrist feeling her canines start to elongate.
He ran his fingers through her hair, tilting his head back as he began to experience the feeling of an ogasim as he had caused her to do. The vampire saliva sparking that part in his brain so neither of them felt pain. He gripped her hair and pulled her away, placing his lips hard on hers before letting go. She breathed deeply as he released her lips. "Welcome to the night, my love." He whispered, his lips barely touching hers as he spoke.


The End!
© Copyright 2008 Keiko (paige_cross at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1425578-Of-Paige-and-Rick