*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1426250-The-Journey
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1426250
intro to my world of Terradoux
When my friend sugjest we go to the fair, my frist thought was that maybe I'm too old to go, That Fairs where for younger people, but I let them drag me there. I had forgoten how the lights made everything so much more magical, how good the way to "bad for me" food smelled, and that even at my age, 30 the crowds of children, young couples and everyone else, totaly entranced by the lights, sounds and even the smell would cause me to smile, to forget that I was "adult" and just enjoy it all.
We, sara and I spent money on the games, ate way too much spicy food and even, should I admit it? Road a ride or two. Sara is one of those 60 throw backs, flowers in her hair, long dress, sandles on tiny feet. Me, I'm too tall, Im a six foot blond, Yeah i have hip length hair, i usely have pulled back, i ware no noncence clothing, I work at a bank ya know. Yet sara's little girl like exsitement was catching and i found my self laughing and even danceing a few steps to some way too loud music.
"Lisa, look over there." Sara said, pointing off to my right. I growned and she gave me a mock frown, she was pointing to the fortune teller's tent, way to lame for me.
:let's go have our fortunes told." she said, laughing as she pulled me in that direction.
I let her drag me into the tent and it was exsactly how i thought a fortuneteller's tent would look like. Heavy velvet draped a deep dark purple, with gold embordery on the edges lined the walls, a gold and the same dark purple rug lay under a small wooden table. and sitting on the table in a badly done gold leaf stand was....yeah you know, a crystal ball. The required deck of terot cards lay on the table as well.
A young woman came into the room from behind the table, and stopped stairing at us. She wasn't what i expected, thinking the "fortune teller" would be dressed like a televison gypsy. She gave me a puzzled look and shook her head, and mumbles something i couldn't hear. she looked over at sara and grined, like she knew some huge joke and wouldn't share. "Keep your money, sara, this one is free.Tell lisa to listen to, cuz she's not gonna belive what im gonna tell ya both." She had a odd lilt to her voice, and the fact she called us both by name game me a chill, even sara paused stairing at the young woman. She was dressed in jeans, a tank top that had the words secrite bar and grill silk screened on it and flip flops. Her thick black hair was pulled back in a loose braid. i didn't see any jewlery, and i had expected tons of glittery yet fake gold bangles. "Not what you thought huh? Yeah i do that on prpouse,every one dresses up like some bad b movie gypsy. We haven't dressed like that since 49 0h..." she paused, head cocked to the left, as if listioning to some one we couldn't hear. "since the 70's" that seem to amuse her because she giggled. "O.K. Sara, Lisa...she paused, trying not to laugh...You know the line where the scary gypsy...she paused again, not quite keeping a strieght face....tells the innocent heroine that she's gonna go on a long journy and meet a tall dark hansome....she actully busted up laughing here, i was starting to become upset and she must have seen it on my face and she stopped laughing. You know long journy, tall dark hansome stranger,warnings of vague dangers....ectera ecetera."
"Your telling us we are going on a long journy..."The girl grined and mutters something about lightyears....and with meet a tall dark hansome stranger..." again she muttered only this time about sneky mages. lisa asked her.she nodded, "oh yeah, the vampires are NOT the undead, weres don't eat people, the magic is real and yes those are Unicorns in Central park" she started laughing again and it took her a moment to get it under controll."I'm sure, non of this is funny to you two,but i have to be so melodramadic about all this so you'll be able to cope with the change.I would have just told ya strieght.........she paused,as if suddenly turned off,sara grabed my hand and we turned to run out. A large dark haired man stood in the way, he was dressed in black slacks and a black silk shirt.His thick hair was loose and fell to his knees, he had the most brillent blue eyes i had ever seen. "see, tall, dark, hansome stranger." the girl quiped, making the way to attrative man frown at her."Please forgive tia, she has problems." his voice was just as sexy as he was. I looked over at sara, who was already turning in the sex kitten, and prepairing to turn on the charm, I'n not ugly by any means, but compaired to the delicut,curvy sara.........well you know. Only he didn't seem to see her. he moved toward me and gave me a melting smile."Hello lisa." he said softly as i fell into his eyes. "Would you belive me if i told you i came here for you?" i shook my head,i wasn't a innocent beauty in some gothic romance to be requeded by the dashing hero. "No." I said, turning to go around him. I was done with this joke."Lisa, it won't do you any good to leave." he said. I spun and now i was mad, just what kind of fool did he take me for."Excuse me?"
He grined. The second you and ...he paused and Tia wispered "sara", "Sara came threw the curtian, i actvated the gate home. Sweet heart your no longer on Earth, you can't go home."
I spun and flung open the curtians to stop and stair. It was daylight, and i was in a huge living room, and behind me i herd hims say, in his all too sexy voice..."welcome to Terradoux"
© Copyright 2008 Raven Hawk (raven69 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1426250-The-Journey