*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1426708-Rain
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1426708
The wonder of Rain
Rain... I think that rain happens to be the best condition that there could be. It washes everything clean and gives everyone a new start. It smells wonderful when it rains... the smell that can only be described as something between the smell of black-eyed peas cooking on the stove, and a breeze carrying the scent of honey suckles from upwind on a long, winding country back road. It gives you the most beautiful sight that you possibly ever see on the planet, whether you live in the city, country, or any other setting in between. We have all wished that we could just sit on life's porch out in the middle of nowhere and watch the rain as it pours down. It is the only weather that everyone on the face of the planet will at some point in there lives experience, and the only one that binds all of humanity together, and of all the seasons... rainy season is the one season that does the most good, and possibly the most damage, for life. Yep... I say that rain is the best that there could be... but... there is an aspect of rain that few think of, and that is what I love the most... the aspect of clarity. Have you ever noticed that you had a problem, then all of a sudden, the rain starts pouring down, and there it is!!! That epiphany that you needed. Suddenly it all makes sense. You have had a bad day, and then here comes the rain, and suddenly you realize... whatever it is that is getting to you really isn't a big deal at all. Yeah... the rain will do that to you, time and time again, and all of it comes from the clearing (not cleansing) aspect of rain. It can make you a promise, and has been used to make promises to all of life. It clears up the scope of life, and magnifies the parts that matter. It can drown out sorrow better than any liquor ever could, and does no harm to you. I have said it before, and I will say it again... Rain happens to be the best condition that there could be.
© Copyright 2008 Epitaph Corruption (rabbotthecox at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1426708-Rain