*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1426738-An-Extract-From-A-Chapter-in-My-Story
by Dream
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1426738
Can people please read this and give feedback. It is a short extract from my story
She was running fast. They were right behind her. She could hear their feet pounding on the concrete. Or were they hers? With a quick glance back, she saw the faces. Dark, eyes glistening with hate so strong she could feel it. "White bitch!" The voice spat. She cursed under her breath when the hand grabbed at her shirt and swung her off balance. The clang of metal rang in her ears as her head hit the pole. She fell in to blackness and pain as her body met the hard ground.
*
The ringing in her ears subsided and shrieks of terror replaced it. Someone get a teacher? Had the voices spoken correctly? Yes, she nodded to herself, they had. The shouts seemed to blend together and form a beat. She felt her body starting to dance to it with quick, sharp, uncontrolable jerks. Suddenly the rythm disappeared and she lay motionless. The blackness faded and grey faces formed. Kids, in their navy blue and white uniforms looked horrified. "Crap!" The teacher looking at her swore. "Call an ambulance!" She closed her eyes again and tried to escape the pain and confusion. "Charlotte, Charlotte, stay awake mate." Opening her eyes groggily, she tried to focus. A heavy white mist obscured faces that surrounded her. "Everyone move back!" A strong voice commanded. A man and woman in green apeared and forced their way through the crowd that covered their mouths in shock. As people turned to walk away, Charlotte cold have sworn she saw a shock of red hair. "Indi," she mumbled weakly. The man kneeled down and wiped her face with a piece of cloth. To her horror, it drew back soaked in blood. She became suddenly aware of the dull pain that tore through her head. "Its okay," he told her. Gasps from the few remaining onlookers formed another beat and she found herself dancing to it as before. "Roll her onto her side!!" Hands turned her over and she calmed. "Good, good," the womans voice said. She felt herself being lifted onto a stretcher and knew no more.
© Copyright 2008 Dream (another.dream at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1426738-An-Extract-From-A-Chapter-in-My-Story