*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1427566-Galaxy-Crystal-chpt-1Edited
by Cathy
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1427566
A death, A visitor, and a lie
Galaxy Crystal: A Forgotten Life
by Catherine Framke

Chapter 1

Sinara paced the room of library staring at the floor. It has been over an hour since Violette, Sinara’s sister, ran off to find Saraquine, Violette’s daughter. That child was sixteen years old and ever since she was little, she has been running off. Everyone knew where Saraquine was going; it was not like there was anywhere else the child could hide in the Castle. She had gone into the forest just outside of the yard.

The Galaxy crystal’s possessor made them very powerful, and Violette was its owner. There were four crystals, but the Galaxy crystal was the source. The other day Sinara had a very disturbing conversation with Violette, and she was worried that Violette was going to die.

She opened the door to the library and the guard out front put his hand up. Sinara could hear the fighting down on the yard, and knew she could help. She was a Protector, and she was trained to fight. Sure, she has never needed to fight, but she knew that she could.

“You listen to me,” Sinara barked at the man in uniform, “I am a Protector and my sister needs me right now. You better move right now so I can help.”

“I am sorry ma’am, but the High Protector gave me a direct order to keep you here.” The guard did not move. Sinara knew that something was wrong it was like a knife in her chest. “I have to listen to the lady of the house or I will loose my job.”

Before Sinara could say something back, she saw Drake turn the corner. A tear fell down her face as she saw the horrified look on his face.

“Madam Sinara, your sister Violette is dead.” Sinara busted into tears and fell down to the floor, how could this have happened?

“What about Saraquine?” Sinara looked up at him hopefully. Then she saw tears in Drake’s eyes.

“She disappeared, before my very eyes.” Drake looked at his hands in disbelief. “I don’t know what happened. I think Violette did it, but I honestly have no idea.”

Fifty years later…

The sun was setting on the great towers of the Glass City, light gleaming off buildings of each building. Towers so high someone would think it was only noon. Glass made it look like an ocean, and everyone was waiting for a whale to jump up and greet them hello. If it were not for the few holes in between the buildings, it would already be dark in the garden. Streets were calm and the day was over. The only thing that reminded them of the busy day was the sun that set. A sun rose everyday and set every night to start it all over again, tomorrow always brought new adventure.

From inside the garden where flowers closed and trees whispered to the wind. Where no one dared to touch anything, worried that its fragileness would break and would be gone forever. Flowers were the only ones that slept, as they close their petals for the night. Busy insects came out to feed on leaves and pollen that flowers worked so hard to make. A life’s work that never ends, because at night thieves come to take it all away, but soon insects will die and shall these flowers will remain. Flowers never die but stand as beautiful as ever. It shows people not everything gets ugly and disappears forever.

At night, like this one, there is no one to bother Sinara. It is the time when everyone and everything is asleep. When the streets are quiet and work is over, when no one dares question anything that she says. Nighttime is very important to her, as High Protector of the Galaxy. The time when children sleep and lovers meet, the time when things are calm and still.

Sinara could sit and listen to trees whisper sweet melodies to the stars, wishing they could walk and be adored by all. Stars grant the smallest child’s wish, but not trees. Stars shine brighter here then anywhere else in the Galaxy, to show that they are not alone. Peace shall come to those that desire it.

Sinara has wished for peace since her mother’s death almost eighty years ago. It was the last time that the Galaxy had been truly happy and at peace. Violette Elizabeth Parkern had taken over the job of Protecting the Galaxy. If it was Sinara instead Violette would not have died protecting the people of the Galaxy, but she does not know if she would have died for the people like Violette had done.

Violette was married and promised the Galaxy Crystal and the position of High protector way before Sinara was old enough to understand what was going on. Then their mother died, Sinara was only seventeen years old. It was when their mother told them of their destined crystals. Her mother went through the story with them right before she died.

Her mother loved Violette more then she had ever loved Sinara, but that never bothered her. The moment her mother took off the Galaxy crystal and gave it to Violette, she had pride gleaming in her eyes. Violette was destined to do great things as High Protector and Sinara would always be just one of the Protectors.

When her mother had given Sinara, a crystal there was nothing in her mother’s eyes. Not even a glimmer of happiness. It was then that her mother died and left the two girls next to the deathbed with the two gifts that their mother gave them. It was a reminder to Sinara that her mother loved Violette more then her. It did not matter what Sinara did, she would never be as good as Violette.

That did not bother Sinara until this moment staring off at the moon that started to form above her. The last time she sat here was with her sister almost fifty-years ago the day, before Violette died, to tell Sinara a secret. This was nothing like their mother's secret; this would change the Galaxy’s fate forever. The conversation was still fresh in her mind and even this night before Sinara had foreseen her own death she remembered it.

It was a night of a full moon and the entire garden swam with life as if expecting death. Her beautiful older sister sat next to her in her beautiful white gown she wore at every ball, that night was the last ball she would attend. Her crystal swung with every movement and her smile was magic. Sinara envied her more then anything. That night she was not smiling as much as she use too.

Normally Violette loved to attend balls at the White castle. Unless there was an emergency it was the only time the four protectors got together. They were the power behind the Galaxy Kingdom, their protectors. The High council did nothing without their permission. They did exactly what their name intended they protected the Galaxy Kingdom.

“My sister, Sinara, there is something I must tell you before this night is over.” Her sister had told her that night in the garden. “You remember the way mother had acted the few days before she died. I believe I know why. For the past week, I have been having this terrible dream. I will not get into it now, but you must know. I believe I am going to die!”

“Violette do not talk that way.” Sinara had responded before she could say anything else. She did not want to believe that her beautiful older sister would die so young. Sinara sat down on the bench and watched as her sister stared down at a flower in a trance. “You know just as I do, mother could never predict the future or she would never have let you marry that man. You are not going to die Violette I promise.”

“Sinara you cannot promise me something that you cannot do anything about. There is something I have to tell you, I’m afraid that my husband will take over as High Protector of the kingdom using our daughter.” Sinara was one of the only people that knew that Violette had a child. Every one else thought it was a child that she had taken in that did not have parents. Sinara never agreed to this decision but it was her sisters.

“Violette nobody would ever allow your husband the opportunity. The High Council would never let him come in and put himself in that position, especially after what he did to you!” Sinara did not believe that her sister was going to die, but she did know the High Council and knew that they would not go to that level. Violette walked over, sat down on the bench next to her, and smiled slightly at Sinara.

“Saraquine is my daughter, I have been afraid of her life for almost seventeen years now. I was going to announce her as my daughter on her eighteenth birthday in a year and six months but I am now convinced that I will never get that chance. Just promise me that you will take care of her when I am dead.”

Even though Sinara loved her sister, it was hard to believe she would loose her. At least her mother was old and sick Violette was young and healthy. The most loved High Protector since the creation of the Galaxy Kingdom.

Sinara thought her sister was crazy that night, but Violette believed the people would accept Saraquine. That night she looked at the young girl. She believed her sister was crazy to hide her. She knew Saraquine was the spitting image of her sister Violette. The same long dark hair and delicate features, and a glimmer of disobedience her sister once had. There was no doubt in her mind that Saraquine was Violette’s last hope and someday she would be the leader of the Protectors and not Sinara or her own daughter Saroo-Kinay.

Two days after her sister predicted her own death, Sinara was informed her sister was dead. Saraquine’s Guard Drake informed her that Violette was dead and Saraquine disappeared before his eyes. Drake knew Saraquine since she was born. He was ordered to watch over her until one of them died.

Sinara was in the Garden to send him to fulfill that order. Drake resigned his position because Sinara was not going to announce that Saraquine had even existed. She did it for the same reason that Violette had, for her safety.

Sinara turned as she heard someone walk up the steps to the garden, only to see Drake’s dark form sat next to her. Drake was a guardian elf, and one of the most skilled of the Elvin people that lived to serve the Galaxy Kingdom. He was very frightening if a person did not know him well enough. He always had those blue eyes hidden in his pitch-black cloak.

Drake sat there quietly as Sinara gathered her thoughts. Sinara had to speak carefully or someone listening will understand. The news that she has to tell Drake will change everything. The Galaxy Kingdom has been vulnerable since her sister died, and now it will change.

“Drake you were in my sister’s service right?” Sinara started without giving any hint in the reason he was in her company.

“Yes ma’am!” He answered without any expression in his voice. His eyes were on the giant buildings laying only a few feet in front of them. Sinara could faintly hear a horse or two galloping down the street. The sun was gone and the garden was dark.

“It is time you finished your orders from her, and bring justice to her name, Drake. I want you to visit a farmer at this address, and make sure it is at his house.” She handed him a piece of paper with a map to a planet outside the reach of the Galaxy Kingdom. Sinara knew what she was saying but as she looked over at Drake for the first time, she saw confusion in his eyes hidden partly in his dark cloak.

“Make sure that you give this gift to his only child from the Protectors.” She said as she pulled a box out of her own velvet purple cloak and sat it into his large hand. Her old and wrinkled hands looked even older in his young elf hands. Drake was older then her sister, but he looked young. The elves had all the luck.

“As you wish, shall I give them a message for you?” Sinara sat looking at the ground for a minute. This was the point where she would have to explain to Drake the reason for his departure to a planet so far away that she could not just tell him aloud. There could be a spy anywhere, all it took was the wrong word and her niece would be in danger and would be killed.

“Tell them that a Protector will return home to mourn the death of this High Protector. Don’t mention him; let her find out on her own.”

That was the only way to explain everything and still tell him that she was going to die. With that, Drake got up and walked down the stairs to the castle. There he will leave and come back with the deception that has haunted her family for fifty years. The time for a new life has come and Sinara will not be able to see it.

Sinara stood up and straightened her cloak, and slowly walked down the stairs quietly and very weakly. Her death will be the beginning to a new age, she hoped, will finally end all that has happened the past fifty years. The children of tomorrow will do greater things then her generation ever did. She held on to the railing listening to her legs crack as they ached from years of training. Sinara took a weak breath as every muscle hurt.

She could not figure out how she even got up the stairs. Over the years, she knew her body was getting weaker and weaker. Now it felt as if someone was squeezing her entire body. She was not going to let that happen, so she continued walking down the stairs.

Sinara reached the bottom and where her dwarf nurse, Stage, waited for her. Sinara slowly walked back to the castle barely standing as she watched the White Castle get closer and closer. She had sent word to her daughter this morning she was ill and it was time that they talked. Sinara knew that her daughter Saroo-Kinay was going to be there soon and she needed to get to bed before she lost all strength to hold to the little life she had.

She reached her bed and laid her head down softly; Sinara was barely breathing. Her nurse barely got her to her room to lie down. Stage brought her a glass of water while Sinara lay there pondering if she had done the right thing. Slowly she slipped off the necklace that her mother gave her eighty years ago. Saroo-Kinay was not going to make it.

Sinara closed her eyes; she saw the planet of Sar no longer suffering or in war, but at a time of peace. It was a vision to comfort a dieing woman before she passed to the after life. A small smile slipped on her face as she thought about the peaceful place. She no longer felt the pain racking threw her body just a sense of quietness and comfort.

Suddenly Sinara saw the beautiful Saraquine standing on a balcony with the Glass City behind her with a smile that could light up a room. Sinara notice how much she looked like her mother at that moment, standing in front of the greatest city in the Galaxy wearing her mother’s gown.

A tear fell down her cheeks as she stared at the copy of her sister. Many other things flashed before her eyes before she slowly lost all consciousness. The blackness of the world engulfing her with every inch of its power, waiting for her to finally give up and take her last sleep. Slowly she died away from the world forever with the image of her beautiful sister guiding her away to the next lifetime in a brilliant light of happiness and hope for the new Protectors.

*                                                            *                                                  *

Sara slowly walked down the streets of Tacoma in the hot afternoon day. It was a nice city to live in, as long as you knew where she should not go. A rich family, the Millers, adopted her. Peggy could not have children so they adopted a little girl. Unlike most rich parents, they did not spoil Sara; they made her earn her way.

Sara was eight when the Millers adopted her from Portland. It was not easy for her to make friends or feel like she had a home. The only thing she knew was that someone found her off the side of a highway with her name on a blanket. She knew that who ever left her there did not intend on coming back. They purposely left her there for no reason at all. Luckily, the orphanage allowed her to keep the blanket that was with her. Sadly, she kept it in her closet in a box with some of her other childhood memories.

Sara was walking home from school with her best friend Christy, one of the only people worth talking to in Tacoma. It was obvious that she was not from Tacoma. She was living in an orphanage in Portland for the first eight years of her life. She was the baby no one wanted.

Every time she thought a family was going to take her in, they threw her away. After awhile she got used to it, and started treating the orphanage as the only home she will ever know. Sara has always lived every single day hoping that eventually someone would want her to be a member of a family. Then the woman of the house asked her if she would consider living with a family in Tacoma.

At first, Sara was frightened by the idea of being adopted to people she did not know. The first time she met the Millers she knew it was her last chance for a real family, to be someone’s daughter. That was her life story; she moved to Tacoma and met Christy. Christy lived in Tacoma her whole life and knew the way things worked. They became best friends from the moment they met, but even best friends can have other plans in mind for you.

Christy was a wild child and had the look to go with it, with her wavy blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Sara was the exact opposite of Christy with her black straight hair and hazel eyes. Christy loved messing with people heads; it was her favorite thing in the world. For example, right now she and Jonathan walked in front of her and her own boyfriend. Sara can see her playing with his emotions. Sara hated watching her work on someone even if it gave her time with Brandon. To Sara, Brandon was the only man worth talking to in their school even if they were not talking as much as she would like.

Brandon reached down and took Sara’s hand in his as they approached his corner. She smiled and looked up at him and he threw his arm over her shoulder. It was his way of saying, she was his and no one was going to take her. He stopped at his corner and let his arm drop to her waist.

“I don’t want to go!” Brandon said everyday before he went home to get ready for work and meet her there. It was actually very annoying and she wished for once that things were different.

“I’ll see you in an hour, I promise.” She brought her arms around his neck and gave him a hug. She stared at the road behind him, even after a year it was strange for him to hold her. It was not she did not like him, but it was weird that she was not comfortable with her boyfriend.

“Come home with me, just this once?” Brandon held her until she pulled him off. Sara was getting tired of the same conversation every day. It was a never-ending cycle of him wanting her to go home with him and she has to get ready for work. The whole time Christy is watching and waiting for her.

“I have to get ready for work and so do you. Bye Babe!” She kissed him, walked off to Christy, and they walked off together. Sara’s life has been the same thing for a year, nothing ever changed and it drove Sara crazy! It is not that Brandon is not a good man, but she just feels like there is something better for her. As if, there was something out there waiting for her.

Sara was quiet the whole way home. Christy was planning a way to mess with Jonathan more. A little known fact about Christy is that she tells Sara everything. For example, Christy last year had an eye out for Brandon, but Brandon had a thing for Sara. Christy pulled her best tricks on Brandon, but in the end, he asked Sara out instead of Christy.

To get even Christy decided to play a joke on Brandon and her. She never told Sara what the plan was, for the first time. Christy did tell her that on their first date she saw them at the restaurant laughing. Christy said that she never saw Sara or Brandon so happy so she called it off. She told Sara the next day and apologized.

That was Christy, she can be self centered one minute and nice the next. Especially to Sara, it was as if she lived another life outside then inside. Sara did not mind, that was Christy. Sara on the other hand was very quiet and really did not care about the present. Sara was looking ahead to the future, because in the end that was all that mattered, how someone ended up not how they got there.

Sara reached her house, said good-bye to Christy, and went inside. The Millers’ were talking to someone in the living room. As she walked past the room and was about to head upstairs to her room, when she heard Peggy yell for her. Sara hesitated then put her backpack down on the stairs as she walked back down. When she entered the room, Peggy was sitting next to Jack on the couch while some strange man, in a suit, was sitting in the chair, where Jack usually sat.

Peggy had on one of her nice tan dresses with a light pink sweater on. She had her hair down, and wore her pearls. Sara knew the only time she wore her pearls were on special occasions. Jack was also dressed to impress in one of his nice back suits, and a red tie. Sara knew that the particular tie was his ‘power tie.’ The two of them were dressed to make a deal with a new client, and Sara was supposed to play the obedient daughter.

Unlike her adoptive parents, Sara had on a pair of dark blue jeans and a black tank top, with her baggy red hooded sweatshirt. Most occasions Peggy would call Sara on her cell phone and worn her to go threw the back door and change in her room before making an appearance. Sara knew it was not the case this time, because Sara had her phone on all day. 

“Sara sweetie, I would like you to meet Drake. He works for an investor of mine.” Jack always called her ‘sweetie’ it drove her nuts. Jack owned a chain of espresso stands all over the northwest. He had been trying to spread his company farther out for sometime now, Sara could only guess that Drake had a part in that expansion. Sara had to deal with all of investors that made house visits out of nowhere. “He is here on some business and decided to stop by and visit for awhile.”

Sara turned and looked at Drake as he was staring at her. His eyes were a deep sky blue and covered with a mysterious cloud. Sara swore for a minute that he was judging her. It felt like he was looking for something.

His eyes hid secrets and bitterness. It was strange for her to see so much in his eyes. Especially for someone she knew nothing about, normally the only people she could read were her friends. Yet for some unknown reason Sara could read him like a book just like with Christy and that definitely was not normal for her. Sara knew some how that he was not there for a visit. Only a few people ever showed up to their house for a visit, Jack was not exactly the most interesting person.

This man was at their house for a specific reason, it was the reason he came to Tacoma. Sara also noticed Drake’s stand that was usually a stand of a fighter not an investor. All of this made Sara believe that who ever this man was he was not what he said he was.

“Hello, I am Sara. It’s nice to meet you!” Drake stared at her as if to battle who could hold on longer in their staring contest. Yet the more she looked the more sure she was he was not there to visit with Jack and Peggy. There was something in Tacoma that he wanted.

“Hello!” He looked away as he said it and Sara felt a strange since of pride that some how she had won the contest. She wished she could have looked a little longer to find out what he was hiding from them. It didn’t matter anymore she would find out at some point, that she knew for sure, there was nothing like a challenge.

“Why are you here?” Sara asked staring back into his eyes, as a lie detector. She did not know how she did things like that, and knew not to ask. The women at the orphanage had told her that she was only imagining it. The more she brought it up the more trouble she got, and decided to keep it a secret, especially from Jack and Peggy.

“Just visiting,” The moment he said it the cloud around his eyes got thin and then dark again, which meant that he was lying. Sara laughed at him and then looked over at Peggy and Jack whom were starting to look a little mad. She was about to question the purposes of an important investor.

“Do you normally lie when you are in the presence of your hosts?” Sara still looked into his eyes as he stared back into her own. “Why are you here?”

“Sara!” Jack yelled at her as she and Drake were staring each other down. “That is not the way you treat a guest in this house.” Sara pulled away and stared at Jack for a minute scowling.          

“Excuse me I have to get to work. Next time you want me to meet one of your new investors, make sure they are here for a visit. This one is lying to you.” Sara turned and walked up the stairs and into her little room. Sara dropped her backpack at the door and threw her stuff that was in her pockets on the nightstand.

Sara looked down at the small dress that was her work clothes. Ever since she could remember, she has had feelings that something is going to happen. So far, nothing has happened. Life has been going on as usual. Now she knew something was going to happen. The sad part was there was nothing she could do to stop it from happening and part of her did not want to stop it. Then again every one always told her she had an over active imagination

Sara quickly changed in to her server uniform. She put her hair up in a ponytail, gathered her wallet and working supplies in ten minutes she was ready to leave. She laughed at a little murmuring that it was a new record.

The feeling of being in a hurry came over her in a rush; it was as if her mind and heart were running a mile a minute. Going through ideas of what could be wrong and having to go to work. Then realizing Drake was down stairs and she might have to see him again. How does she know if Drake is going to try something? What will happen is Brandon going to break up with her? She heard every little noise as loud as she stood there staring at the floor. Then her body started to shake and she could barely breathe.

Anxiety! She finally realized what was happening. Sara had been getting anxiety attacks since she was ten. It was brought on by worrying too much or thinking she did not do something right and was going to be yelled at. Sara fumbled through her desk drawer looking for her pills. In doing so, she knocked over her lamp and it made a big bang on the floor. Sara ignored it and kept looking for her pills. Everywhere she looked, she could not find them. Her breathing became heavy and short. The more Sara breathed the less she could calm down.

Suddenly Peggy walked by and seeing Sara almost passing out on the floor while looking for her pills. She quickly grabbed a paper bag on Sara’s desk and handed it to her setting her on the bed. Sara’s eyes closed and she kept breathing into the bag.

Suddenly Sara felt Peggy’s hands lift her up and hand her two pills. Sara quickly popped them into her mouth and took a drink of water. Peggy rocked her back and forth until she calmed down. Sara got over it and stood up to sit on the bed. Peggy joined her there rubbing her back slowly.

“Honey what’s wrong?” Sara shrugged her shoulders and continued to keep her breath slow. “Do you want me to make an appointment with your doctor?”

“No don’t make the effort, I’ll be fine.” Sara rubbed her eyes and took another deep breath. “I’ll keep my pills with me and use the breathing techniques the doctor told me about” Peggy nodded her head and let go off Sara. “I better get to work; I’ll be late for work.”

“Okay, but take it easy. If you get dizzy come straight home.” Sara hugged Peggy slightly. The next thing she did was grab her pills and walk out of the house. On the way to work, she thought of the things that could have caused her to have such an attack. It just did not make any since.

Sara had not had an attack in over a year and just figured it was over. Never in her whole life did she ever have an attack that came out of nowhere. Could it have come from her wanting to leave the house? Maybe it was because she was in a rush to leave. Sara just could not figure out what was wrong. The only reason she left so fast was that she was embarrassed. She knew her pills were in the bottom drawer of her desk. Why did she not reach for them? It was as if her whole body wanted to do something else, as if it had something else it wanted to do.

Then that feeling she had right before it happened. Could that feeling be warning her of her anxiety attack? Sara decided it was not, there was something else. Something terrible was going to happen. It was not the fact that she knew something bad was going to happen causing her an anxiety attack. Every time she was stressed out or felt guilty, she would have one. She was not stressed about anything and she has done nothing to make her feel guilty.

Sara decided that whatever made her have an anxiety attack was something that had not revealed itself to her yet. Maybe it had something to do with Drake’s visit. After all, she did feel as if there was something wrong with him. That he definitely was hiding something from Jack. “Stop,” She mentally told her self as she walked into the Diner.

After taking a deep breath, she walked into the back. Sara slowly took off her sweatshirt and put it in her locker. As she did, she noticed a piece of paper on the bottom of her locker.  She slowly picked it up as she threw her stuff into the locker, she probably forgot about it yesterday. Sara closed her locker and sat down on the bench behind her. When she opened the paper she was surprised to see that all it said was “Turn around!” She slipped the piece of paper in her pocket as she turned around.

There was Brandon in a suit and tie holding a bunch of roses. Sara smiled and laughed all at the same time. Brandon hated wearing a tie and for a reason Sara did not know he decided to ware one to work. He walked over to her and handed her a dozen roses. Then reached down and kissed her softly. “Brandon, thank you, but what’s the occasion?” Sara just could not believe that Brandon would do all this and not have a reason.

“Well if you must know,” he grabbed her hand softly. “Today is our anniversary, we met five years from today, and we had our first kiss on this day.”

Sara smiled and smelt the roses in her hand. She does not even remember the first day they met. “You are such a romantic.” Sara kissed him again. “But we have to go to work now.” She went to turn but he grabbed her arm.

“Nope not today, I told Alec that today was our anniversary and he insisted that I take you out to dinner.” He smirked at her with an evil little look.

“Brandon look at me, I’m not dressed to go out for dinner.” Sara looked down at her server outfit. It was an ugly green color, and short, compared to his nice suit it just was not going to work this way.  Brandon jumped over the bench and grabbed her by the waist.

“Well I don’t know, I’ve always thought you were very sexy in that short dress.” Sara swiftly put the roses on the bench and wrapped her arms around his neck. “What guy wouldn’t think that you looked sexy in that?”

“You would say something like that, but I think I look terrible.” Suddenly without any warning, he kissed her. It was not like their usual kiss it was an ‘I need you kiss.’ Sara stood there playing along, but it still did not feel right. Kissing him felt wrong. When she opened her eyes, she saw Drake in the doorway staring at her. She yelped and backed up into the lockers. “Drake, why are you standing there?” Brandon was already looking at Drake, as Sara stood there scowling at him.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to disturb you. Your father told me you worked here. I thought I’d come by and say good-bye before I left.” He was about to walk out, but turned around and looked at Sara first. Drake looked disappointed in her, it made Sara feel guilty and ashamed for kissing Brandon. “I forgot to give you something.” Drake walked forward and put a box on the bench. Sara stared at him for a minute and then stepped forward and picked it up.

“Thank you, Drake.” Drake had been very rude since he first saw her, but she had manors. Sara opened the box and saw a beautiful necklace. It had a long silver chain and a blue crystal. Sara touched the crystal softly with her finger. Sara took it out of the box and slipped it over her head. Then the crystal began to glow, it was a deep blue color like the bottom of the ocean. Sara looked up at Drake as she felt a surge of power run through her whole body. “It is a gift from the late High Protector Sinara, to her niece, Saraquine Marianne Parkern!”

“How do I know that name?” Sara started breathing harder as she felt a surge of power run through her. She has never felt anything like it in her whole life. Slowly she felt it in her fingertips and then run down up her arm as quickly as the crystal had started to glow. She stared into Drake’s eyes once more. She could barely hear what he was telling her.

“Because that is your true name powerful Sara.” At that moment, Sara felt it hit the top of her head and she slowly slipped down the lockers until she hit the pavement. Everything went black, right before there was a blinding bright light. Somewhere there was a since of hope and loss all at once and some how it was connected to her in some way.

© Copyright 2008 Cathy (catangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1427566-Galaxy-Crystal-chpt-1Edited