*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1427960-Daycare-Disaster
Rated: E · Script/Play · Drama · #1427960
This is a breif skit about a little boy...
Daycare Disaster:
(Daycare Lady sits at desk. Susan and Billy walk through doors stage left.)
Susan: This place looks pretty nice. Billy, what do you think?
Billy: Yeah i guess its o.k. But do I really have to go to daycare? I mean I just turned ten and I grew a whole THREE inches!
Susan: (Sarcastically) Wow. A whole three inches. (Walking over to desk.) Excuse me. Are you doing tours today?
Daycare Lady: Oh, hello. And yes, we are. My name is Judy Kingsmen, but I don't have much time so how 'bout we get started?
(They start walking over to the other side of stage. All of sudden two boys slide out from behing curtain. They're wrestling. Susan shrieks.)
Daycare Lady: Thats it Jeffery! Hit him where it hurts! (One boy groans.) Thats it!
Susan: (Increduously) Aren't you gonna break that up?
Daycare Lady: Naw. It happens all the time. No big deal. (One boy gets up and runs off stage. The other follows.) Wimps! Anyway, lets continue. Shall we?
(They start walking again. Susan, still staring at where the boys exited, walks backwards after Daycare Lady. She trips over a toy on the floor and lands on her butt.)
Daycare Lady: Oh my! Are you okay?
(All of the sudden a little girl with a glass of water runs on stage and trips over Susan. Susan gets soaked. She looks down in disbelief at her wet dress.)
Daycare Lady: Autumn! Now what have I told you? Do you need a whipping?
Susan: (Still on floor and staring at Daycare Lady:) Whipping?
Daycare Lady: Yes. a whipping. We use them as punishment.
Susan: (After about three seconds she shakes her head and carefully gets up.) Look I... (Someone backstage throws a football and hits her in the back of the head. She is really angry now.) Look Mrs. Kingsmen, I don't think this is a very good idea anymore. (She grabs Billy's hand and starts to walk toward stage left...)
Daycare Lady: (Panicing) Wait! They're not as bad as they seem! You just have to get to know them! Kids! Come out and meet the nice lady!
(From all sides of stage kids run out. Susan lets go of Billy's hand and runs off stage, and threw doors right. Kids follow. While back there Susan should mess up hair and clothes as if kids had attacked her. After about a minute she should enter through stage doors left. She stomps back on stage, out of breath...)
Susan: Like I said eariler, I don't think this is a good idea. Besides, like you said Billy, you just turned ten and grew a whole THREE inches. Surely thats enough! (Storms off same way she came.)
Billy: (Makes sure Susan's gone. When knows for sure, turns back to Daycare Lady.) Nice! (Gives her high-five, and pulls money from pocket and hands to her.) Hey mom, wait up! (Exits after Susan.)
Daycare Lady: (Adressing audience:) What? It's easy money! (Shrugs.) (looks off stage to point behind curtain.) Hey! You guys better get down from there!! (Walks off toward disobeying kids...)
(Lights Fade.)
The End.
© Copyright 2008 Spectacular101 (spectacular101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1427960-Daycare-Disaster