*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1429585-Crispins-Quest
Rated: E · Chapter · Children's · #1429585
This is chapter one of a story that I am working on.
 
Prologue
I, Crispin, swore to my father on his dying bed, even though I was only five, that no matter what, I would keep my baby sister, Crystal, and my mother alive and safe throughout our lives.
Seven years later

                   

Chapter One
I awoke at seven A.M. on a warm spring morning. I flopped out of my fire red and gold Phoenix-feather-patterned bed, and ran across the icy floor to the Bathroom. After brushing my shoulder length black hair, I wiped the steep from my curious gray eyes and washed quickly.
I scurried to my room and got dressed in my muted yellow, green, and brown plaid. I rushed downstairs to read the paper, for it only came once a month and today was that day. Before grabbing the paper I kissed my mother, Adora, on the cheek.  She is a lengthy woman with ash blonde hair down to the middle of her back, glittering purple eyes, a smile that would put you under a trance leaving you dumbfounded, and little freckle all over her face.  "Hi Ma," I looked around for my sister, "Where is Crystal?""I think she is outside playing with the new lambs and kids, Crispin," Mother said in her honey sweet voice.
I grabbed the paper and started to read. I read Scottish Monthly Friday May 13th, 1313 B. Z. (Before Zeatheal), and then I had a strange feeling that my sister wasn't outside. My feeling was proven accurate when Crystals favorite piglet came erupting through the door and ran up to her bedroom. Crystal has what is called "Capricious Magic" meaning she can communicate with animals and has full conversations with them that they both can understand. She can heal animals and change into animals shapes. She and I inherited powers from our father. These were to heal people, change shape, sense Gods and Immortals, and see into the future, from Mom we got the ability to speak and understand any language.
"Go find out what is going on," Mother ordered me, "and find Reese," Sighing I put down the paper, I crept up the stairs to my sister's room to see what was going on; Before I got to the room I met Reese.          
"Reese, mom would like to see you," I told the little Kobold. Kobolds are small creatures that are very old and wrinkled.  They work vigorously doing chores for the family whose house the kobold resides in. 'They only ask for, in return, scraps of food from the kitchen table. If they are not given this, they will turn malevolent and destructive."Yes Sir," Reese whispered. I nodded then went into Crystals room. When I saw her I could not help but smile, because she looked like an angel with her ash blonde hair in a ring around her head. I crept over to her side, fit that moment, I noticed her parted usually rose red lips were now the color of snow with a pink rose hint, and she was drenched with sweat. I gently fussed her forehead and felt that she was burning up.
I practically flew down the stairs yelling, "Ma! Ma! Crystal is burning up.  We have to take her to the doctors now!"
"Wait a minute, let me wipe my hands off. 'Then I will come see," She said wiping the soap away from her hands. She had been washing dishes.  When she was done she asked Reese  to continue with the dishes. With that done she -wandered up the stairs with me following close Behind. In Crystals room Mom felt Crystals forehead. "Crispin, run and get the doctor! Hurry, GO NOW," yelled Mother not even up from Crystals face."Bye," I was halfway down the stairs Before she was finished. Half an hour later I came back with the doctor.
© Copyright 2008 SADDENED_GIRL (kilysa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1429585-Crispins-Quest