*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1429928-Graduation-Speech
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1429928
The speech I wrote as a valedictorian for graduation.
I would like to take this opportunity to say congratulations to the Class of 2007. We've finally arrived at the next stage of our life. After all these years, we've finally made it, together, as a class. Together as a class for the last time, we look toward a bright future.
I want to say that in this life, everything changes. Yet, these changes have a meaning, a purpose, and they are for the better, no matter how painful the change may be. After the change, we will transform into something better and more beautiful. When we become better and more beautiful people, we can make our own, unique mark in this world.
We just want to thank all parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, cousins, and all other relatives here for your part in helping us grow into the person we are today. You have given us support, encouragement, inspiration, help, and advice throughout elementary school and in our troubled times. We have learned a lot because you have enabled us to. We can be sure that you will continue to help us grow into better and more beautiful people. Thank you again for all that you have done in our lives.
Yet in dark times when even our families aren't enough, who was there? The answer is simple: friends. I want to thank the class for your support in each other and in me. Throughout the years, your friendship, your humor, and your general wisdom have helped to make the classes interesting. Your friendship has also united the class and made the class closer together. Even time won't break the bonds that hold this class together. Thank you again graduates for your friendship and support.
We also want to thank the staff and the pastor of St. Sylvester School. Over the years you have taught us much more than just the things in the textbooks. You've given us the freedom to dare, the courage to excel, and the belief that we can do more than our best. You have always been there for us with support, care, patience, and understanding. You had faith and high expectations even when we doubted ourselves. Thank you for all that you've done for us during our time in this school.
As a look upon the Class of 2007 now, I have high expectations for all of you. I hope that your experiences at this school will continue to guide and inspire you in your lives. I want to tell you of some of the mistakes of humankind, so you don't make these mistakes. Humans get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then they long to become children again. Humans lose their health to make money, and then they lose their money to restore their health. By thinking anxiously about the future, people forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. Humans live as if they will never die, and die as though they had never lived. Here are also some of life's lessons that can be learned. To learn that you cannot make anyone love you. All you can do is let yourself be loved. To learn that it is not good to compare yourself to others. To learn that it takes only a few seconds to open profound wounds in those that you love, but it can take many years to heal them. To learn that there are people who love you dearly, but simply have not yet learned how to express or show their feelings. And finally, to learn that two people can look at the same thing and see it differently.
I want to end by saying that not only is life full of changes, but we can make those changes. We are in control of our lives. We have grown up into adults. We must seize our future and take it into our own hands, do with it as we will, always striving toward excellence. Still, no matter how things change, things will always remain the same. The Class of 2007 will always remain united, together, in spirit, in life, and in truth. May we go forth into the world to become successful people!

Thank You and May God Bless Us!
© Copyright 2008 jcshinigami (jcshinigami at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1429928-Graduation-Speech