*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1430007-The-Blood-of-Angels
Rated: 18+ · Other · LGBTQ+ · #1430007
A fallen angel has been captured by a demented drug dealer.
Foreword
To move you. That is my purpose. That's what you want correct? Well I guess I am indebted to you for taking the time to read this so I will make this tale as moving as possible.













Prologue: The Source
I pulled myself  from the thundering music of the bar and began my walk back to my apartment.  On the ground was the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen. Her hair fell around her cloaking her moon pale face. Her skin shimmered in the dim light. She seemed to dim all the lights around her causing her shimmer and fluoresce. Her body laid lifeless and limp on the ground. I rushed over sweeping her from the ground and began carrying her back to my house. She stirred a little and fell feint again. I was sprinting desperate to reach my flat. I was practically kicked down the door coming in. I laid her down on my decaying couch. Her ambient skin was such a contrast to the dullness of my furniture.  She woke up. Her scream rattled my apartment. It was a tone that reverberated through everything awaking a sense of panic in its presence. She was making hurried glances. She spoke and song rushed from her lips. What was she? 
"I am the fallen" she choked  out the last word.
"The fallen?"
"Angelus" She spoke again this time more adamantly
"You're an angel? A fallen angel?  Withdrawals kickin in huh? Well if you got few bucks I can fix that"
"My tongue does not falter. I am the fallen" She said as black wings shot from her back." Now speaking with true authority as the wings undulated.
Holy shit. I'm gonna be fuckin rich. I just tie her up and call the freak show.
She got up and ran
Crap she can hear my thoughts.
I chased cornering her at the door and catching her thin  arms and dragged her through the house into the basement. She was mine and I was going to be wealthy. I was suddenly filled with warmth and I felt like flying. The world went sideways and began dancing in a million colors. The room melted into an barrage of color. I looked at my hand which appeared to be moving on its own and noticed a spot of light. I then realized the angel she's escaping. I caught her again and  saw the blood dripping from her hand. Her blood. It did this to me. The junkies would pay extreme cash for this stuff. I had it my way to riches. I grabbed a T-Shirt and tied her to a chair until I found the rope I had used from my move. I saw that her wound was closed now  completely healed.
"So you heal fast good ill need a lot a blood out of you."
"Do not give my blood to the innocent it is a fire no mortal soul can bear" she sang out in desperation.
I secured the rope around her wings and her arms and legs. I shut off the lights and entered into the world of dreams. The dreams of the wealthy.





Chapter 1: Stolen Moments
The professor droned on and on about some war in a place that no one ever heard of. I sat staring at him. The target of my affection Carlos.  It was ungodly how hot he was. He laughed about something with some life-size Barbie. I should talk to him. What the hell am I thinking? I can't talk to him. Especially not tell him I like him. He would probably have his football drones kick the shit out of me. Even with that I stared at his toned arms and perfect smile. His full Latin lips  looked perfect in the dim fluorescent lights. The bell rang releasing the students about their daily lives.  I began my trudge out to the distant free parking lot.  My 98' Chevy gleamed with dull radiance through the layer of dirt. I swung open the heavy metal door and climbed in.  She purred to life after the keys had been twisted several times. A black Shelby mustang pulled up behind me. Carlos grinned and pulled off.  There was no way it was at me. Was it? I pulled out and began my drive attempting to push Carlos from my mind. He wouldn't budge. His perfect teeth plagued me all the way home.  I pulled into my crappy apartment and waited for the sea of kids to part so  I could park. They finally split and I pulled into my space. I hopped out and ran upstairs into my apartment. My mom was passed on the couch with bottles toppled on the floor. I attempted to nudge her awake. It was too late she was out like a light. I turned on the radio and blasted the speakers to some grunge song. She bolted up.
"What the fuck kid why so early?" she said her eyebrows in mild anger and confusion.
"It's 2:30 mom! How was your day?" I continued.
"Good, until you made me wake up and yours college boy?"  She responded the anger beginning to fade from her voice.
"I think Carlos likes me" I said smiling
"Bullshit! Carlos Riviera that you talk about every day?" her voice was almost quivering with curiosity.
"Yes that one" I was beaming.
"So you talked to him finally?" she sat up on the couch almost hungering for details.
"No not really but he grinned at me when he blocked me in" I said realizing how desperate it sounded.
I flopped down next to her. She laid my head on her shoulder. Her auburn hair tickled my cheek. She smiled the laugh lines creased in her face. She wasn't young anymore.  No matter what drug she did. Who was I to judge? ,a gay guy who worked at a deli and lived with his mom. 
"Only one way to find out kid" she  looked  through me.
"I refuse to ask him" I said firmly.
"Well  then at least talk to him and if It doesn't work out I know some guys that'll lay you" she laughed.
"Mom!  Some things you don't say to your son" I said with an exaggerated awe on my face.
"Whatever you know if he was hot enough you'd be all over him you little whore" she laughed.
"Who you calling  a  whore? Druggie!" I threw back in mock aggression.
"Ouch that hurt I think I need a joint" She attempted a sad face.
I tossed a pillow at her. She blocked sending it toppling behind the couch. She grabbed it  and smacked me with it.
"What do you wanna eat Mom?" ,I said sliding from under my mom's pillow barrage.
"Mac n Cheese?"  she replied completely forgetting her pillow abuse mission.
"Cool with me"
I walked to kitchen and set the water boiling. I went to the pantry and grabbed the store-brand macaroni pouring it in and laughing as the steam tickled my face.  Now did we have milk? I checked the fridge finding a carton that didn't look expired and pouring it in. I meticulously counted the measurements of all the ingredients and added them.  The macaroni was perfect golden and perfectly cheesy. I need a boyfriend no one is this obsessive about macaroni. I proceeded into the living room with my macaroni masterpiece and  two paper plates. My mom was again fast asleep on the couch. More for me. I pulled out the spoons I had in my pocket from lunch and began eating the macaroni and watching some Sci-Fi movie. My cell phone buzzed violently on my table. Who's calling I don't have friends. Wow that's pathetic. I picked and Carlos' voice rang across the receiver. I fumbled with the phone and then regaining my composure released a forced greeting"
"Hey Elliot I was trying to see if you wanted to hang out tomorrow"
"What how did you get my number?" I forced an awkward laugh.
"You're listed but that still doesn't answer my question" He continued on charming as ever.
"Yeah sure do I need to bring anything?" I said attempting to make it less awkward.
"Just yourself"
"A-alright  I guess I-I'll see you tomorrow" I stammered hastily flipping my phone short.
I smiled to myself and fell asleep feeling loved.
I woke up the next morning to a strong push. I fell off the couch. I saw Carlos standing above me.
"What are you doing here? its 7 in the morning?" I said embarrassment turning my face scarlet.
"Your roommate let me in" He said calmly.
I glared at my mom who was walking from my kitchen. She was gonna get it later.  I ran to my room to grab some  Tripp shorts and a black band T-shirt. I slid on a beanie for some punk band and  jumped into black sandals as I rushed back to the like this entire situation was completely planned.
He looked at my flushed face  and laughed at my effort.
"Dude no hurry we still gotta go pick up the rest of the guys"
"Rest?" My heart sank.
"Yeah Ray and Leslie" he said as if I knew who he was talking about.
I smiled and pretended I did. He smiled back with a glint in his eye that almost made it seem like flirting.  We hurried to the car. His sports car  stood out in the sea of used cars. Its blue sparkled  and popped as we walked to  it and got in. He smiled at me with the grin that had made me love him in the first place. Love? I don't love him. Do I?  I tried not to blush causing my ears to turn red.
"Did you just blush?"
"At you? Dude no! Its just hot." I said attempting to fill my voice with disgust. I failed miserably.
"Alright hot-stuff" He laughed at my inability to lie.
We pulled out and began our journey . The apartment complex faded to forest and then to houses more enormous than I had ever seen. The house towered up with pillars around the entrance. Two guys ran out and hopped  in laughing at some inside joke. They told Carlos and he also began laughing hysterically. I felt more awkward than ever. Carlos looked at Leslie ad high fived him.
"What's going on?" I finally asked attempting to laugh with me.
"Oh sorry El inside joke." He glanced over and I think he was checking me out. No I had to be hallucinating.  He blasted the radio sending classic rock echoing as the last of the trees faded to sandy coastline. Ray and Leslie sang arm and arm in the backseat.  Ray's long light brown hair  flew in the summer wind and Leslie's short hair whipped around. I smiled at them as their voices cracked while attempting an unattainably high note. We all laughed as the song faded out and talked about school and they talked about sports as I nodded and pretended to know what they were talking about.
"Alright get the fuck out" Carlos said  smiling as he parked. Leslie and Ray grabbed the football and ran off so fast me and Carlos hadn't had a chance to get out of the car.  He looked at me. His hazel eyes danced in the sunlight.
"I guess we're on our own"
I pulled my beanie down to hide my ears. He got out of the car and took off his jeans revealing tan swimming trunks. He then proceeded to unbutton his shirt revealing his toned athletic body. He was truly beautiful. 
"Wait we're getting in the water?" I realized out loud.
"Duh Beach!" He said smirking.
"I don't have clothes" And my legs look horrible.
"I brought some for you. Told ya not to bring anything." He said reaching me a pair of black and red trunks.
"Wow! These are awesome" I said excited.
"There yours. I bought em for you" He grinned big.
" What?!?  I'll pay you back I swear" I said my ears as hot as ever.
"Don't worry! It's what friends do"
I slid off my jeans revealing my thin legs and Invader ZIm boxers. I turned and saw Carlos turn away quickly. I wished he'd kept looking.
"Nice Boxers" he said his back still turned
"Uh.. Thanks" I said hurriedly sliding on the trunks. I pulled of my shirt my pale chest looked like snow compared to his golden skin. My scrawny build frail next to his muscular body.
"I think I'll hang on the beach for awhile you can get in though if you want" I attempted to distance ourselves so he wouldn't notice my admiration of his beauty.
"Oh no you don't!" He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.  I was exploding on the inside the feel of his beautiful strong arm wrapped around my thin torso, but before I could revel in my situation I was released and tumbled into the salty sea water.  He laughed and I jumped up tacking him down under a crashing wave. We were locked in combat for a few minutes before we became tired and walked back to the shore.
"I wonder where the guys are" Carlos said looking around.
"Probably playin' football or hitting on chicks" I attempted to sound macho again failing as my voice cracked at the end. He laughed and hit me on the shoulder.
"Well I'm hungry so let's go find them." He suggested with a grin.
"Let's split up meet you in an hour" he looked at me with a mild sadness and agreed. He was sad to see me go. God! no stop imagining things. I watched him amble off in the opposite direction then began my search. I looked out at the out at the sea and hummed a tune as I scanned the beach for Ray and Leslie. My mind wandered to Carlos as I walked watching the sea swell and fall. Did he like me? It was the question that plagued my head every time I saw that charming face. My self-reflection was shattered by a soft grunt that came from a boat house I hadn't noticed before. The grunt became louder. I walked slowly toward the boat house. I looked inside and the most hypnotic two forms were entangled on the floor writhing in passion.  The forms took shape and I saw that it was Ray and Leslie. Ray arched his back and moaned. I gasped and they both turned to see me standing in the doorway. They leaped from the floor their faces red with embarrassment.
"Shit" Ray yelled.
"Um...well we were. Well there's no covering it up is there. Dude don't tell Carlos" Leslie said shakily.
They got dressed and we set out to find Carlos.
"So do you two go out ?" I asked in attempt to make conversation.
"Yeah we have since high school" Leslie said hugging Ray.
Ray pushed him off.
"What if someone sees" Ray questioned in exasperation.
"Newsflash someone has and he doesn't care. Why can't we just tell everyone?" Leslie said looking longingly at Ray.
"We'd be kicked out of the frat and our parents would disown us that the reason  we can't tell anyone" Ray argued.
Carlos ran up instantly ending the conversation.
"Tell anyone what?"  he asked smiling.
"That Leslie sucks at football" Ray said his voice changing to a friendlier tone. Leslie face was red and his eyes were watering. He wiped his eyes and smiled.
"Yeah I suck at football" he laughed holding back tears.
"Carlos race you to the car" I made a diversion. Carlos chased me as I began to sprint. I ran even faster. His athletic legs sprung into overdrive effortlessly passing me after a few powerful leaps.  It was like a gazelle challenging a cheetah.  He fell back for a second. I looked at him curiously but continued my steady run. I was mere feet away from the car. I had won. A wall of pure body mass pinned me to the car and Carlos and I were face to face. I stared as his green eyes probed mine for seconds that like forever. Then Ray and Leslie ran up shattering the moment as Carlos jumped off me and got in the car. I smiled at Ray and Leslie. They snickered at our new secret. Surprisingly, Carlos smiled at me too then hurriedly turned his eyes back to the road. This sent my mind racing. I questioned every gesture and word he said all day. It  all came to one thing; Did Carlos like me?
"So El I'm havin a party Friday. You wanna come?" He gazed at me hopefully.
"Sounds like fun!" I responded happily.
Carlos jumped out leaving Ray and Leslie alone. He walked with me to the door as my nosy neighbor watched curiously.
"I had a lot of fun tonight" Carlos said as he stared into my eyes.
"I did too." I responded smiling. Carlos bent down almost as if he wanted to kiss me and hesitated.
"See you Friday" He said breaking the moment as he hurried back to his car.
"See you" I said although I knew he was already gone.
I burst through the door slamming it behind me and ran to my room falling in my bed with an odd sense of triumph. I had a chance with Carlos.



Chapter 2: The X-Posure 
         The night was here. I pulled on my black skinny jeans and my Awkward Phase concert tee. It clung to my body like a second skin. I combed out the blonde mess that was my hair until it was straight and silky. Finally I pulled on a pair of striped black and white Vans.  I got into my truck and the nervousness washed over me. What if I had to dance? God forbid ! I imagined my clumsy legs attempting to move to music. It was a travesty. I pulled up to his lavish mansion. Pillars stood in front of it and lawn lights washed over it showering it in elegance.


The inside was a complete contrast to the elegance of the outside. Teens grinded against each other in hormonal frenzy and then there he was dancing under the green strobe light, appearing more godly than normal with his open shirt flaunting his all too irresistible body. I sat in a trance as he moved and undulated to the  pulsing beat of a  rave song. The entire room seemed to be dancing with him. Then the crowd closed hiding him from my view. I sat attempting to find a friendly face.  I should really talk to more of my class mates .A tap on the shoulder shattered my thoughts of the social interworking of Locke U. Holy shit it was him. Carlos Riviera was tapping me on the shoulder.
"Excuse me but um... would you like to dance?"
Bullshit! Ok Carlos asked me to dance. No big just say yes.
"S-sure"
Not so hard now if only I could dance.
I slowly made my way to the dance floor careful not to let my natural clumsiness complete its chemical reaction with gravity. We made it to the center of the dance floor. The music slowed to a sappy love song.  Oh shit it's like a scene from Carrie. Now the pigs blood will fall and the echoing voice of some crone will torture me to insanity. No nothing. He placed his hand on my hip and we began to slow dance. He pressed in closer and I felt my heart speed up. Now our eyes met.
"So if you haven't figured this out I like you"
Did Carlos The Perfect just say he  liked me?
"I like you too Carlo-"
His tongue conquered my mouth moving in and around as I still recovered from the shock of the intrusion. I kissed back hard and lusting.  We struggled back and forward our hands groping fervently. A shrill scream broke the magic embrace. It was Brittany.
"Carlos! You-You're gay?"
"Yes and I am trying to score with Elliot so calm down."
It was then I noticed the entire room was watching our little scene. Every person in the room attracted to men glared at me. The football players stared in disgust at Carlos. The scene kids just laughed in indifference.
Brittany yelled "What about all the times we hung out? The dancing and shopping? Don't you like me? Don't you love me?"
Everyone's attention now turned to watch Brittany as her sharp blue eyes filled with tears and her face flushed red fury.
"I like you as a friend Britt. I'm gay." His face contorting to almost anger.
"You can't be I love you and you're mine." She spat the last word at me.
"Come on Elliot let me walk you to your truck." He grabbed my hand and pulled me through the crowd as the scene parted allowing us to reach the door.
"Don't Leave! You won't! You'll pay for this! For breaking my heart."
"What are you doing?",  I asked looking at him quizzically as he climbed into the passengers seat.
"You wouldn't want me going back in there would you?" He pouted.
"I guess not. So where do you want me to take you?" I desperately hoped he came with me the teenage lust now ran full force.
"To your house" He winked.
Did he just say my house. He did and it almost sounded like he was implying that we were going to----. I stopped myself before I needed new pants.
"Alright it's a long drive so get comfortable. So what was that whole thing in there
about? Do you really like me?" I asked checking to see if this was all going to be a dream in which I wake up with wet pants.
"Yes Elliot since first time you walked or should I say fell into class." He laughed as he remembered my clumsy first day entrance.
"Well like 75 percent of the student population I like you too. So is your girlfriend Brittany gonna be alright?" I knew the answer she wasn't done. That whole woman scorned deal is no bull.
"Hell no she already had our lives planned out and I wasn't even her boyfriend yet" He said with abit of fear on his voice.
"Well at least she can't out you" I laughed.
"I guess not. You already did that by being so adorable" he smiled
"Wow you are gay and corny. That's talent!"  I laughed
He made the false pout face again and then shrugged "Yeah well I thought it was obvious to anyone who was looking. With my perfect hair, designer clothes and Abercrombie and Fitch model demeanor"
"Yeah it might have tipped me off if you weren't on the football ,soccer ,basketball ,tennis teams and flirting with every cheerleader" I raised my eyebrow at the last part.
"Well I flirt with the male ones too" He responded.
"Really?!?  You ever laid one?" Now I was truly curious.
"Yes. It was ok, but nothing like what I have planned for you." He reached over and shook my leg.
"What do you have planned?" I asked shakily as the need leaking off my words. 
"You'll see" he responded with that devilish smirk.
I pulled into my apartment, parking under the dimly lit carport. He hopped out and walked around ambushing me from behind and wrapping his arms around me. I walked to the door. He grinded his hips into me serving only to arouse me more.
I quickly unlocked my door and he pushed me in as we toppled on to my cheap IKEA couch. He was on top of me with his tongue again meeting his. All the blood I had ever owned flowed straight to my crotch.
"Someone is excited"  He said toying with me.
"Take off your pants" I said nonchalantly.
"Nice I like the demanding ones." He obeyed and stood up and painfully slowly stripped out of his clothes.
"Your turn" he said staring at me with want in his eyes.
I  stood up and took off mine not nearly as slow or sexy.  I grabbed him throwing him face down on the couch. He looked confused.
"I've never bottomed" he said with a hint of surprise in his voice.
"Well you wanna try it?" I asked too casually for the situation
"Sure why not?" he said excited
I grabbed the lotion that was usually used for masturbation from in front of me. He rose onto all fours and I moved behind him.
"A friend told me this way hurts the least" he said positioning himself.
I lathered my hand and started with one finger. A small moan of pleasure escaped from Carlos as he arched his defined back for more. I tried for the second. This moan had a grunt in it. I toyed around rotating my fingers and moving them in and out. He was gasping with pleasure now and his body was writhing on my fingers. I pulled my fingers out positioning myself to enter him. I slowly slid my hips forward and was enveloped by his warm flesh. It felt amazing. He slid his ass backward taking more of me in him. His soft moan grew into yelps of pleasure as we grinded back and forward. My body flushed with heat and I released inside him as he released onto the couch.
"You sure you've never bottomed before?" I asked exhausted.
"Yeah but I might do it more often now." He said with a worn out smile.
The familiar sound of a vibrating phone broke the otherwise silent scene. He jumped up and searched his jeans pulling out his iPhone. He looked at the screen and laughed. He turned the phone displaying a text message.
WHERE R U?
He turned the phone to reply.
Yo estoy con mi novio Elliot.
A second later the phone buzzed uncontrollably as  a barrage of text messages hit. He just threw it into our pile of discarded clothes. He laid his head on my chest and yawned softly as he began to doze. I watched him drift off and drifted myself into  a deep and much needed rest.

Chapter 2: The Girl  in Flames
A rapping came from outside the door. I trudged up of the couch. Carlos rolled adjusting t my absence. The rapping came harder and louder than before.
"Hold On!" I yelled panicking to pull on clothes.
"It's me Tracy open the door!" she yelled frantic.
"Mom what are you doing here?" I asked worried.
"Hurry up kid I'm about to fall out" she said woozily.
I ripped the door open and she fell onto the carpet with a thud. Carlos sprang up at the noise (Still naked by the way). He wrapped the towel around waist.
"Who is she?" Carlos asked staring wide eyed at my mother.
"My mom, She's strung out I'm gonna take her to the clinic"
I picked her up and ran out the door to my 98' Chevy. I threw her in the passenger's seat and rushed around to the driver's seat leaping in. I shut the door and pressed the gas pedal with all my might. She woke up on the way mumbling about red and white and flying before falling back into her coma. WE reached the clinic and I ripped her from the truck running into the hospital.
" We have another OD"
The doctors sped over and threw on a gurney and took her to the emergency room. I sat in the pale blue chairs of the hospital. My mind was racing with the thought of everything she could have taken. I was horrified what if it was heroine. She was going to die. Then as I looked up I saw her walking toward me as though she had never done a drug in her life. Her hair was lighter and her face seemed smooth. Her eyes were even clear.
"What kinda miracle meds did they give you?"
" What do you mean?"
"Twenty minutes ago you were passed out on my floor now you look like a goddamn supermodel"
The doctor walked up.
"This is quite possibly the strangest drug remedy I have ever tried. I drained blood for testing and she woke up just fine. She was talking and passed all the test with flying colors. Not only is she better she's in perfect health"
"Sweet" she said nodding in attempt at modern slang.
I hated it when she tried to be cool.
"Ms.Gallows I'm just going to ask you that stay away from whatever put you in here and you should be fine"
My mom walked out with a little more strut than normal. She climbed in the track and looked me in the eyes as if preparing for the lecture I was going to give.
"Ok what exactly did you take last night?"
"Lucille and I shot up this new red shit. It was amazing it was like you  were  flying. I felt the wings on my back and everything." She said in mild amazement.
"Doesn't sound familiar where'd you get it?" I asked still worried.
" Her cousin from the ridge hooked us up" She casually slid back at me.
"So let me get this straight you don't know what it is or where its from you just shot into your bloodstream" I asked mildly shocked.
"Pretty much kid seemed like fun" again in the same casual voice.
"God help you. Let's go home my boyfriend is waiting on me." I said exasperated with her already
"Boyfriend?" she said shocked.
"Yes the half naked guy that was in my house. Yeah you'd be amazed at the thing you miss when you're passed out" I shot with slight anger in my voice.
"Shut up and drive I'm fuckin hungry"
"I'll cook something at the house and you can meet Carlos" I said his name rolling of my tongue with excitement.
"Carlos as in the one  you are always going on about?" Her face lit up.
"Yep!" mine lit up even brighter.
"Wow! Nice job son" She  laughed.
We pulled in and walked into the apartment. Carlos had on clothes this time. He wore one of my shirts. It was entirely too small. It barely came to his navel and some shorts that my mom had bought that were much too big. I found it oddly adorable. My mom found it hilarious. 
"Wow you are much gayer than I expected" She pointed at my shirt.
"Isn't he? That's what I said" I added.
"Hey still here" He rolled his eyes.
I rushed over and hugged him he smelled like the off brand soap in my bathroom. It made my nose tingle. He looked down and kissed me passionately. My mom was applauding from the kitchen. I turned red and broke the kiss. She kept going making football noises.
"Mom!"
"Nice Job Ms.Gallows"
She looked at him with a confused look.
"Did you call me Ms.Gallows? Miss Gallows lives in Alabama and attends church every Sunday. Im Tracy I smoke pot"
"Ok Tracy" Carlos laughed.
"She gives that speech to everyone."
A hard banging came from the door followed by a shrill yell.
"Who is it?"
"Carlos! Carlos I know you're in there come out here." The voice whined.
The banging switched to the window. It was followed by the sound of the window shattering. I ripped the door open and outside with her perfect blond hair and bleeding hand stood Brittany. Carlos walked up behind me. His eyebrow furrowed and his jaw dropped with amazement at the sight before him. Brittany's eyes were almost scarlet. Her face was reddened except the tear marks that marred her cheeks. My mom slid past all of us, yelling back something about seeing Lucille as she made her escape. Brittany screamed with rage.
"How could you leave me? For a man! WE were supposed to get married and have children and-and-and be happy"
Why did I put myself through things like this? I just looked at her with and said the simplest thing I could think of.
"Brittany, Carlos is gay and he loves me" Okay maybe a bad choice.
Carlos looked at her and then me.
"Brittany we were just friends what is your problem" he pleaded with his eyes.
Her rage was slowly becoming cold malice and I could see her heart harden at Carlos' last statement. Her eyes become slits of icy fire and her tears dried. She fixed her hair.
"You're right! Why I am making a big deal. If you wanna take it up the ass then I'll let you. Don't think you won't pay for this." She said flinging her bloody hand up and walking away with cold ferocity. Carlos' face reddened as he thought of last night's events. He walked into the house slamming the door behind him.
"What do you think she'll do?" I asked Carlos hoping he didn't notice my voice full of worry. He looked at me with an uncertainty in his eyes.
"Do you want the truth or optimism?" He questioned making the most solemn face id ever seen.
The optimism.
"The Truth"
"Well first she'll have me excommunicated by her father then she'll start a crusade against the gays at school using us an example and to finish it off she'll probably start trying to seduce me away from you resulting in more heartache for her"
The part about her heartache made me smile but that crusade wasn't going to be pretty. I'd have to start carrying a larger knife. Dammit!  Why were girls so.... Weird?
"I guess I'd better prepare for battle then huh?" I said smiling.
"What aren't you worried about losing your friends or getting beat up" He questioned in mild amazement.
"No friends and I'm prepared to stab anyone who tries" I said pulling the knife from my pocket. He stared in fear and wonder at the knife in my hand.
"Why do you carry that?" He stared at the blade.
"My mom's on drugs. Drug dealers aren't as friendly as the look on TV." I laughed.
He looked as if I d just explained to him one of life's great mysteries. It was comforting to know he was so naïve about the darker side of the world. 
"Well I guess you will be protecting little ol me huh?" he made the same pouting face from before.
"Whatever mini-hulk" I said squeezing his muscle.
He wrestled me down and I slid out. I jumped up on his back. He swung me around to where I was facing him. He propped us up against a wall and we began kissing viciously. The door swung open and on the floor was my mom surrounded in this odd light like a life sized glow toy. Carlos rushed over to her dropping me so that I could get over to.  Lucille ran in her hair wild screaming in agony her body was also alight but hers was an orangish tint. She quickly fell on the floor next to my mom. Then her body burst into flames. I grabbed my mom rushing her to the hospital as fast as my truck would go.
              We sat in the hospital lobby. This time Carlos was cradling me in his arms. I was hysterical. The woman just caught fire.  The fire it was white like it was almost pure light. What was going on? Was my Mom going to die? She was no doubt. Lucille had caught fire because she was on the same shit. That drug it was causing people to combust. What kind of drug did that? And where in the hell were they getting it? I had to find out. I sat staring at the hall waiting for my mom to come bouncing back down the hallway as she had before. Where she should have been was a doctor. He walked up with a solemn look.
"She has been injected with some chemical it refuses to mix with her blood we got it out but do to blood loss she needs a transfusion"
"Alright let's go"
He led me down a hall  into a room and I laid down on the cold metal table. The doctor slowly worked  the needle under my flesh. I winced at the sharp pain as it began to take my gift. A few seconds later the machine stopped and the doctor pulled the needle out and thanked me for my willingness. They wrapped it and I was back in the lobby awaiting my mother's fate.
Minutes later again she bounced down the hallway radiant like before except tears fell from her eyes.
"Lucille is dead. That shit killed Lucy. I'm gonna find roger and fucking kill him" She burst into tears as we walked to the truck. No one slept that night.













Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Consequences
We sulked around the house all day Sunday watching spoiled children whine on reality TV shows. Carlos' phone vibrated breaking the ominous silence in the room. Carlos grabbed it pressing the speakerphone.
A silk soft voice rang across the phone "Where are you?"
Carlos stammered out "I-I'm at Leslie's"
"Alright Carlos call next time. I worried. Have fun" the silk voice sang back.
The call ended. We smiled to each other, the first smile since that day.
"Oh Carlos have you told ray and Leslie about us yet?"  I asked remembering the beach incident.
"No! They'd stop talking to me for sure." He said his face solemn.
"Um... No they wouldn't they kinda are...just call them" I said smiling.
He complied curious to my reaction.
Leslie picked up the phone out of breath. His gasping blared through the receiver.
"Dude is it true you and El are...you know... together."
"Yep" he replied after looking at me for reassurance. Ray laughed in the background.
"Cool Me and Ray are together too. give you more details we have to get back to basketball practice if you know what I mean." He said quickly hanging up the phone.
"What?!?" Carlos was about to call back when I grabbed the phone.
"No you don't want to interrupt trust me" I laughed.
"Well at least we aren't the only queers in our school." He smiled back.
My mom left during our conversation mumbling something about going for a walk. Carlos and I laid together in the couch. He toyed with my hair as I laid in his lap. The TV shows began to blur together and again I drifted off.
The sun flickered through the window and I was awoken by a Carlos kissing me on the neck.
"Babe get up time for school" He said straddling my lap.
"Alright" I yawned pushing  him off gently.
He fell back laughing. I walked and searched my pile of clothes for something. I pulled on some blue jeans and a shirt with some clever phrase. I pulled on a beanie and threw on my Converse. Carlos sat on the couch in a button up shirt that showed his chest and some designer jeans.
"Where'd you get those?"  I asked remembering he still hadn't been home.
"Leslie dropped em off last night after him and Ray finished"  He smiled on the last word. We both ran out to my truck and began our journey to the longest day of school we'd ever have.
We walked on campus with our fingers entwined. People gawked at Carlos all the girls fumed at me. Then Brittany pulled up in her hot pink corvette her blond hair perfect. Her eyes sharp as knives. She stepped out of her car and walked quickly up to us.
"Hey Carlos,  So this is your boyfriend?" she said loudly causing heads to turn.
"Yes he is" Carlos replied in the same tone.
"Real mature Brit" I said coolly. Her face flushed red for a second and she rushed off to class.  Carlos and I laughed. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad.  We walked in to the brown age stained building and were met with stares and whispers as we moved down the dim hallways. We entered the classroom and even the teacher gave us an awkward look as we found two seats together.  The people around us moved away quickly mumbling as they hurried off. One boy didn't seem to mind at all though in fact he smiled as we sat down. His black and platinum blonde hair was hung over one eye. His skin was pale and his pants seemed to limit circulation to his lanky build.
"Wow you guys are bold" He whispered as the professor pulled his eyes away and began the lesson.
"Yeah I guess" I said smiling at Carlos.
"I wasn't trying to make a statement. I just think he is cute." Carlos laughed.
"Oh my name is Damien by the way and he is cute but don't worry I have a boyfriend." He smiled an oddly fitting crooked smile. 
"Wow there are a lot of homos at this school" I said astonished.
"Yeah but we all aren't as popular as you two. There are gay and lesbian support meetings here too you should check it out." He said in excitement.c
"We will"Carlos said sounding almost as excited as he did.



© Copyright 2008 manufactured naturalist (mfnt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1430007-The-Blood-of-Angels