*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1430508-Edgar-and-Elise-Preface
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Teen · #1430508
Just a little preface before you start reading the book I am writing.
Elise walked out the doors of Andrew Jackson junior high. Her back was hunched and her head was down. Edgar watched from a distance. He felt bad, but he didn't move. It was his fault that she was depressed. But he didn't know what to do.

A sniffle came from Elise and Edgar sighed. He knew he had to apologize, but he didn't know how. Questions of all sorts ran through his mind. What if she doesn't accept my apology? or What will happen after I apologize?

Edgar couldn't decide. Edgar's mind thought back to the incident. He remembered sitting in orchestra, playing the violin. Elise was playing the viola next to him. She wouldn't stop moving her bow towards Edgar's head. He was getting very irritated.

"Can you please stop moving your bow in my personal space?" Edgar said, he was very aggravated. "Can you please not talk to me?" Elise replied, moving her bow more towards Edgar.

He growled and continued to play. When they started to play Circle of Life, Elise moved her bow even closer to Edgar when playing the long notes. Edgar felt like there was steam coming out of his ears.

Finally, he couldn't take it anymore. Edgar put down his violin, grabbed Elise's viola
and threw it down on the ground. Elise just stared at Edgar, her eyes were frightened. She screamed.

The other students gasped, but they did nothing. They were too surprised to do anything. So all of them sat there, dead silent, except for Elise's high-pitched scream. The teacher finally acted and sent Edgar down to the principal's office, and Elise to the guidance office.

Edgar shook his head in disgust. The memory would haunt him forever. He decided to apologize. Edgar walked fast to catch up with Elise. He saw tears rolling down Elise's chin.

"I'm sorry about what I did earlier today....you know. The viola incident. I'm really really sorry. I have to pay for a new viola for you, so I'll make sure you get a better one. I'm sorry." Just as Edgar was going to walk off, Elise called for him.

"I'm the one who should be apologizing to you. I was the one making you mad. It's just that....well....." Elise hesitated for a moment, and said, "I really like you. I was trying to flirt with you, but I don't exactly know how. I live with my grandmother because my parents died in a car crash. I don't exactly have someone to help me go through life."

Edgar nodded his head in agreement. "So...." Edgar said quietly. "What do we do now?" Elise shrugged her shoulders.

"You could come over and watch Naruto with me." Elise suggested. Edgar smiled.

"Sure! I love Naruto! So...let's go!" They left together, chatting about Invader Zim and Green Day. They both knew that this was the start of a new relationship. But what they didn't know, is that they were about to get into some sticky situations.

© Copyright 2008 Emo vampire RAWR! (queen_stina at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1430508-Edgar-and-Elise-Preface